Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoroastro

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahares View Post
Welcome to the League of Legends Patch Preview, summoners! This edition of the Patch Preview is short but important, as multiple major changes are inside! Sivir is getting a remake, the jungle is receiving a significant update, and were making a number of changes that should change your priorities in lane. To get a forward look into the next gameplay update, take a look at the Patch Preview!

[turley]kUgIZCij-dw[/turley]

[URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUgIZCij-dw"]Head to the video on YouTube to change your subtitles. Remember to comment on the video and subscribe to the Riot Games YouTube channel![/URL2]
Idiot patch, are you gonna mail me the HoN game or i should download it.
Riot go **** yourself

Capac Amaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Why aren't the jungle changes up on the PBE? What is the PBE even for? It never has upcoming changes that ive noticed, and there arent enough people on it to even find a match

turkeyBACON

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Because when a dodge happens, you make the attacker feel lame, and the defender tends not to notice... While when a crit happens, the attacker notices, and the defender tends to only notice when it is a chain crit.

A better way of thinking about this is -- I know a lot of times when a teammate has talked about a lucky crit, but the only time I hear about a lucky dodge is when someone barely survives a gank on the enemy team (and it's my jungler or teammate complaining about the dodge -- I tend to play tanks and AP).

That's why we don't like dodge, but do like crit.
Wait, I'm sorry Zileas but aren't both situations lame? As an attacker i basically want to always crit and never be dodged and the vice versa for defending. But i always feel like any random event is undeserved and generally takes no skill unless its tied to a champs ability (example: Ashe or Panth). I think you should just remove rng items entirely. Don't crit and dodge basically define "power without gameplay" ? If anything I think both stats are equally annoying; I'd rather always deal and receive consistent damage.

Existing crit items should/could be changed to have an active where they temporarily give increased ad or armor pen.

Kryptozombie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

RIOT,please don't make this changes,listen to the community,you will lose really big fans and part of us...

ƒìrè

11-25-2011

Potion nerf eh...perfect time to start playing vlad

Greÿ Goose

11-25-2011

@Zombiethekid:

So many fallacies with your points.

The changes in this patch in an overall sense DECREASED the ability and mechanics a player must learn and know by playing and practicing with the updates making harass/aggression/jungling easier. You're hoping to try jungling now that it's easier? What kind of point does that emphasize to the majority who took the time learning through the path that wasn't even incredibly hard to begin with. The fact that you would have to grind to become wary and have the accessibility to the option of jungling was in fact a driving force for new players especially.

Minions were such an important factor for the act of aggression and harass, and was a key reason for smart players to push at a decent speed and know when to poke at the enemy assessing the number of minions that are alongside them. Obviously we have not seen all of these changes and have not had the time to 'adapt,' but most of these were unnecessary changes to begin with.

Jungle, yes we can see beginners and lower levels wanted a chance.
Health pots, I guess we'll have to see the numbers.
Minions, clearly unnecessary.

Ecourts

11-25-2011

Wait... what?
Like seriously... has anyone seen any QQ or anything ever about the jungle being too hard? or the minions and hp pots being overpowered?

Where did these ideas even come from?
Riot... these changes are clearly not in the favor of the community, you can't really say you're a player based company and want to be popular in the competitive scene if you go through with this.

Plus some champions only protection in lane early game are the minions...
Are you just encouraging more tanky DPS players?

TL;DR
THIS PATCH MAKES ME SAD.

Yngve Zephyrous

11-25-2011

Fix Sivir's hair if you are reworking her. It looks stupid stuck to her shoulder way off to the side.

Tennex

11-25-2011

I DlSLIKE CHANGE

ALSO, LOUD NOlSES

Yngve Zephyrous

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xameru View Post
Wait... what?
Like seriously... has anyone seen any QQ or anything ever about the jungle being too hard? or the minions and hp pots being overpowered.

Where did these ideas even come from?
Riot... these changes are clearly not in the favor of the community, you can't really say you're a player based company and want to be popular in the competitive scene if you go through with this.

Plus some champions only protection in lane early game are the minions...
Are you just encouraging more tanky DPS players?

TL;DR
THIS PATCH MAKES ME SAD.
Well, they were using Nasus, Udyr, and Jarvan in the preview, maybe they are wanting Tanky DPS back. (People don't play them much anymore at all unless they go pure tank.)