Volibear Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Wolfheart0 View Post
So, if minions aren't going to do significant damage anymore
They still are, did you see the video? He still got dropped by minions pretty quick. You people need to quit it with the overreaction, they're doing a little bit less damage, not no damage.

RunsOnDiesel

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Wolfheart0 View Post
So, if minions aren't going to do significant damage anymore, how can I protect myself in lane against the classic tanky dps/assassin with gap closer (Fizz, Xin, Irelia, Talon, etc etc) if I'm a ranged dps/mage/support? More towerhugging? Really promotes aggressive play.

I said almost the exact same thing, those champs that burst u for 75% of your health will be rewarded much more now that health pots will suck.

Akali's long range instant gap closer...burst, burst, *go invisible*, win lane. She wont even have to worry about minions lol or you being able to heal with health pots.

aruetise

11-25-2011

Reminds me of WoW patches where everything gets easier with the new patch. When do we get the 30% increased damage buff if we lose all our ranked games?

Ulstan

11-25-2011

I'm glad to see Sivir being looked at - however, her ricochet was the only thing that made her even remotely attractive.

More range is nice, slightly higher base stats are nice, but I just don't see how she is going to be chosen over any of the other top tier carries at all, without at least the potential of late game well geared ricochet sivir.

Still, it can't be worse than it is now (sivir never chosen) so I look forward to the change.

Not sure how the jungle change will pan out - seems like big changes.

I will say making the minions deal even less damage makes Evelyn's passive (already completely forgettable) even less useful, right?

Pilule

11-25-2011

News update from Riot Games : We are very proud to announce that League of Legends, starting mid-season 2, Will be available on the Nintendo Wii!!!! Yeee

Juanpaxel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2011

and when eve remake?

Vormulac Unsleep

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunsOnDiesel View Post
I said almost the exact same thing, those champs that burst u for 75% of your health will be rewarded much more now that health pots will suck.

Akali's long range instant gap closer...burst, burst, *go invisible*, win lane. She wont even have to worry about minions lol or you being able to heal with health pots.
This ^

I can see many champions become unviable for any kind of even mediocre sustain in lane with any reduction at all to health potions. Champions who can now currently just melt off 75% of your hp will run you out of lane unless you made a similar choice. Horrible change.

Izorai

11-25-2011

Ah, you nerfed minions too? you forgot to give Vladimir another nurf! He could barelly kill them till now! So he will be op against them..! o.O
P.S.: i cant wait till DotA 2 or Blizzard DotA is out...! These are great games!

TheFern33

11-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by domezy View Post
Riot turning this game more into easy mode to please new and lazy players that don't want to learn the game.

Jungle easier? Faster respawn rate? Don't even need jungle runes to jungle?

Nerfing minion damage? I'm sorry but realizing that there's a giant wave of minions before you start to auto attack someone is not hard to figure out and you probably deserve to get all the minion damage you can take if you don't. Part of being a good meta game laner is having the presence of mind of enemy creeps when deciding to be aggressive in your harass.

This game is slowly going to turn into raceroll your keyboard and hope you win. New players will forever be bad if riot decides to hold their hands and try to make the game easier when its already easy as is compare to games like Dota.
THIS

stop catering to Melee champs. the only thing keeping melee champs from running over ap casters at level two and hammering the **** out of them is minion damage. youve already in my opinion buffed melee champs with the mastery changes now your lowering minion damage to over aggressive melee champions. whats next a thorn mail like item that sends ap damage back at the caster?

ætherFlow

11-25-2011

The reason why they are changing Sivir's passive is because of the dodge stat being planned to be removed. I don't know why the ricochet was changed though... You'd be smart enough NOT to spam your boomerang blade and just use the ricochet to farm though :\

Also the jungle. Changes a lot for the jungle. It used to be so simple:
Wolves - Wraiths - Double Golems - B . Now the suddenly change it , and I am feeling more champions jungling that they ever did. Also, not every person needs runes to jungles. There ARE junglers who don't need runes, which saddens me since Riot is still pushing the idea of runes being the basis of jungling. Sure in ranked games, but they aren't absolutely necessary...

I find it funny how they announced that making large changes will change too much for Season 2 yet you see new masteries and all new jungling :\