Cool unusual specs.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banff

06-24-2010

Those slamming this poster for thinking outside the box to be successful should be ashamed of themselves. Their relatives (assuming were in this country) might have had the same hate towards einstein when he went against the grain of respected science in presenting his theories of gravity.

Lets talk about the viability of these builds and how other items might improve the op's angle in what hes looking for. Resort to more numbers and less adjectives. Thank you for sharing these obtuse builds with us Clinz, some of us appreciate the insight. PM for a super secret heimer conquest build.

malphismia

06-24-2010

^ I wouldnt start comparing him to Einstein, but I don't see any reason why he got flamed so much lol

These builds aren't half as bad as the actual builds in some guides, and these are SUPPOSED to be unusual builds.

Carados

06-24-2010

He's giving terrible advice to new players who don't know any better. It's like a someone claiming to be a doctor, giving bad advice, and then people defending him for saying "HES JUST THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX."

Just because an idea is different doesn't make it good or worth sharing. If he didn't want people commenting on his builds, he wouldn't have (or shouldn't have) posted them.

Kamaro

06-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayola Rockstar View Post
Haters gonna hate is all I gotta say. Mad props for thinking outside the box! The world can use more people who don't stick with cookie cutter ideas and opinions. Just think of the college students who were told their ideas would never work and hey look here, we are all using computers playing video games.
The word hate is so commonly used these days it has truly lost it's meaning.. But anyway, you're right about thinking outside of the box but those builds are just gimped, there is no synergy between the items and the items and the champion's spells. FoN on Warwick as an example with no further health items. They make no sense and he does not have arguments to prove his builds work. That is why people 'hate' on him as you would put it.

Blarfles

06-24-2010

Guys, I don't have any proof of this, but I swear I buy nothing but doran's blades on Ryze and go 97/3/0 every single game.

So suck my balls.

Clinz

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaro View Post
The word hate is so commonly used these days it has truly lost it's meaning.. But anyway, you're right about thinking outside of the box but those builds are just gimped, there is no synergy between the items and the items and the champion's spells. FoN on Warwick as an example with no further health items. They make no sense and he does not have arguments to prove his builds work. That is why people 'hate' on him as you would put it.
Clearly you haven't read anything I posted because,

the builds are NOT gimped
there is perfect synergy between the items and the champion's spells
they make sense
and i have arguments to prove that the build works

Just because you say the opposite, it does not make it so.

if a champ does 75% damage, but recieves 50% of incoming damage, to me it is better than a champion that deals 100% damage but recieves 100% of incoming damage.

It is true what some have said, this is not really a pure tank build... if it was, I would have absolutly no damage items. But as opposed to the typical warwicks, this makes warwick, tankish. Hell, in a 1v1, warwick will last longer than any tank. As long as you have enough armor/resist your health is a minor factor. The mitigation and the amount healed is what can keep you going.

Don't go comparing warwick to a real tank, because I didn't gear him as one, warwick deals great damage while being extremely difficult to kill without focus fire.

Now anyone who isn't an idiot will try to avoid being the target of focus fire.

Honestly where don't you see the synergy?

The stats those items (in screenshot) give are:

Armor --> warwick is melee, he is going to take several physical hits from players and turrets, armor will make hits smaller, thus the heals will be very effective, as opposed to HP, where heals will seem useless as the health recovered will be lost twice as fast.

Magic resist --> spells don't often have a persistant damage like physical attacks due to cooldowns, thats why I don't have as much Mag Res as i have armor, plus i have a lot of magic resist from runes/mastery.

Movement speed --> everyone could use some speed, i don't get a lot of this because warwick can chase enemies with increased speed, with his passive ability.

Dodge --> unlike jax, dodges wont trigger abilities, but it does trigger a mastery ability, which gives him 10% movement speed. Also, a 12% dodge means you take 12% longer to kill with physical attacks. Quite the good buff I'd say.

Increased healing recieved --> Warwick have a passive heal, and also a bite, which heals him an amount equal to 20% of the enemy's max hp, on a relatively small cooldown. You could easily say warwick is one of the best healers in the game, with the only difference being, he can only heal himself. - Thus, a 25% increase to healing, is perfect synergy for his abilities.

Health regeneration --> I don't like this, warwick does so much healing with attacks and bites that this is hardly noticable... however, the rest of the stats on spirit visage are so good for warwick that I can accept this.

Attack speed --> his base attack is already high, and every attack will also grant him lifesteal, which stacks higher on consecutive hits. He can end up healing 20 hp per hit on lvl 1. Increasing warwick's attack speed is obviously very effective when considering these 2 facts.

Attack damage --> Only warwick's ultimate ability scales with attack damage, thus this is not a very important stat. Still, due to the increased attack speed from items, and the further increased attack speed from his 2nd ability, a bigger number would still be appreciated. The few damage increase bought is used in order to build the bloodrazor.

4% of enemy max hp as magic dmg --> Warwick has the ability to attack faster, and with cooldown reduction he can keep this buff up pretty much, permanently. The faster his attack, the faster the effect procs. Unfortunatly this effect does not scale with crits or with increased attack damage... just like warwick's passive lifesteal, this scales with attack speed. - and I have enough of it.

Cooldown reduction - Bite, even without AP, is great 20% hp stolen... and the amount stolen increased by 25%.... Getting the bite down to 3-4 seconds while having MITIGATION will mean, you can heal more than single enemies can hurt you! If you buy health instead of armor, the heal would not be as impressive. Also, with enough cooldown reduction, hunter's call can be kept up permanently, and the ultimate can be used more often - the jump+stun is really nice.

. . . Perfect synergy!

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Village idiot says: You don't back up your decisions!
Village idiot says: There is no synergy between the items and the abilities!
Village idiot says: It will not work at high ELO!

Dear village idiot, You are an idiot, and your opinion matters not. I am at a reasonably high elo, and the only reason I'm not higher is because I try to play warwick less frequently because it is not a fair champion in my eyes.

If anyone seems to think this does not work at high ELO, I still don't see any reason why not, no one pulls a gun to your head and forces a MELEE class to go full out offensive OR full out defensive. The middleground is often the best choice.

If you were playing a ranged class, it is argueably true that going all out dps is acceptable, because it is harder for the enemies to get a hold of you.

Village idiot says: You are stupid, bad player!!! I rate your post negatively!!!

Clinz

06-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarfles View Post
Guys, I don't have any proof of this, but I swear I buy nothing but doran's blades on Ryze and go 97/3/0 every single game.

So suck my balls.
why dont u ever assist your team mates? Ur such a kill stealer! 0 assists, pff...

Deadly Paradox

06-27-2010

Hello, T0ggle. Long time no see.

For teh Emprah

06-27-2010

I do believe Madred's Bloodrazors is affected by MR, I read somewhere.

As Warwick, I do prefer getting some extra lifesteal, preferably from a teammate's Stark's or a Bloodthirster. 60 HP a swipe isn't enough to keep you alive when the entire other team is wailing on me since I build Warwick as a DPS carry. I'll average about 200 damage at end game if we're playing against players of roughly the same skill level, and 15% of that is 30 extra hp a swipe, almost 50% more from WW's passive, which assumes you're hitting the same person the entire time. And it heals more if you are roflpawning the other team or farmed a bit.

I usually build Bloodrazors, Mobility Boots, Youmu's Ghostblade, Last Whisper, then Bloodthirster. My friend suggests Wit's End, which I'll try later, and recently I've found myself wanting for some AR and MR. People in the games I play tend to wail on Warwick for whatever reason, whether he's a big bad wolf or they recognize he's DPS. One game in which we won, the enemy team kept nuking me to death in the first 5 seconds of battle, at which point they'd be on cooldown and my teammates would rape their faces.

That happened all game. I like checking my stats after every game, and I usually find that as Warwick, I'll deal and take the most damage in the game. Always the most on my team, and sometimes take more damage than the other team's tank. Warwick seems to be a super-high priority target in whatever Elo I play in (I'd say Low Medium or High Low but that's just a guess).

After I ulti after a fight's initiated, I'll W and activate the ghostblade to dish out as much damage as possible and at the same time regain as much hp as possible, and use Q as much as possible on the closest tank. E combined with Ghostblade is usually enough to chase down fleeing enemies and kill them before they get any decent distance then come back to the fight.

Sometimes we get idiots like a Nunu that says we all suck but he only has a grand total of 100 AP by 39 minutes. And I also have really bad luck >_>. I play enemy Ashes a lot, and 8 times out of 10, her ulti hits me out of our entire group mobbed up in a fight. Or hitting me across the map while im running, or missing a teammate and smacking me in the face. 1 time out of 10 it'll hit a teammate, and 1 time out of 10 I'll dodge it if I'm not in the middle of a fight.

How I do usually depends on my early game ganking. With the help of Zilean's ulti, last game I was 1v3ing Yi, Udyr, and Sion, and nearly managed to kill all 3 of them but forgot to activate ghostblade >_>. I might try this out later, seeing as I play on a lower Elo, but I'd have to agree with some people that the other team in that screenshot was sufficiently bad. You should post a screenshot with better enemies to highlight your build's effectiveness.

QCbob

06-27-2010

I just read trough all the posts, and... I think my opinion of the internet got even lower that I could expect.

@OP: It's nice to post new builds, but you should explain more how they work in the first post. How to work early, mid and late game, etc. Most people are too lazy to go trough 12 page of post to find it. And when you answer to idiot, as tempting as it is to call them idiots, don't do it. Most of the time, they're just trolling seeking for that and it doesn't make your argument more solid.

@haters: just stop. It's not by insulting people that you're going to make a point.