Tournament Draft

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazamorius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
Summoners!

As the pool of available champions in League of Legends has grown since Season One, we will be making an update to Draft Mode: Draft Mode will feature six bans, up from four. These two additional bans will provide competitive players with a greater range of strategic options at champion select, and ultimately deliver a more engaging, more sporting style of play.

Additionally, aspiring tournament organizers around the globe have reason to celebrate!You may opt to use Tournament Draft mode as a drafting option in custom games. Tournament Draft mode is also a six-ban selection process, but teams alternate only one ban per side, instead of the “ABBAAB” format of regular Draft Mode.

Please also note that this update will require you to have access to 16 champions rather than 14 if you wish to participate in a game using a Draft. (This guarantees that if you’re the last person to pick, you still have a champion to play.) Non-Draft games such as Blind Pick and All Random remain unaffected.
I don't see a tournament draft option in custom games.

Or is this not in-game yet?

rjcombo

Lead Designer

11-17-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

The option should be there now. It wasn't actually enabled until a couple hours after the post.

Isbeinglaid

11-17-2011

red posted above me

Blackabyss

11-17-2011

Red posted above guy above me.

NeutralKreep

11-17-2011

red posted above the guy above me

S3b1gut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2011

I'm sorry, I don't know if I quite understand Tournament Draft. What is the difference between Tournament Draft in custom and bans in Ranked matchmaking? As I see it the format of banning is the same.

Maisuki

11-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3b1gut View Post
I'm sorry, I don't know if I quite understand Tournament Draft. What is the difference between Tournament Draft in custom and bans in Ranked matchmaking? As I see it the format of banning is the same.
From what I see, ranked goes ABBAAB, where tournament goes ABABAB... I think?

S3b1gut

11-17-2011

It's not going like that atm. It's ABABAB. I don't mind though, I like it this way.

orlevi111

11-17-2011

I dont see the difference...
they should increase the Tournament Draft to 8 bans.
ABABAB and ABBAAB are pretty same

rjcombo

Lead Designer

11-17-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

We recently made the ban order and number of bans consistent between both standard draft and tournament draft. The only difference now is the ban, pick, and trade times.