Fizz spell vamps only on his Q and ultimate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1nOnlySmashem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

Not sure if its working as it is intended to but it seems that only Fizz's Q and ultimate will proc spell vamp.

Just wanted to throw that out there to look at.

wallsh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2011

bump

RiotMannie

QA Analyst

11-15-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

This is intended.

Seastone Trident's damage was meant to be in line with Teemo's poison and other proc effects.

Playful / Trickster does give spell vamp but unfortunately does not work with the aura from Will of the Ancients. Other abilities that make the player untargetable while also doing damage function the same way (see Vladimir's pool.)

Vuliev

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMannie View Post
This is intended.

Seastone Trident's damage was meant to be in line with Teemo's poison and other proc effects.

Playful / Trickster does give spell vamp but unfortunately does not work with the aura from Will of the Ancients. Other abilities that make the player untargetable while also doing damage function the same way (see Vladimir's pool.)
Is he still untargetable while he deals the damage? If not, then the aura not working makes no sense.

BardsmanGob

11-15-2011

So if he were to have gunblade/revolver he'd get spellvamp from it?

retratseR

11-15-2011

Yeah. I'm guessing. I own Vlad and have tested out this stuff.
:/ so spell vamp isn't amazingly OP on him. Okay. Noted

Serenity Now

11-15-2011

Quote:
This is intended.

Any chance this will be re-visited, at least for Teemo? With Teemo's typical on-hit build, he doesn't get much benefit from lifesteal or spellvamp the way normal AD and AP champions do. That cuts into his sustain during a fight, putting him at a disadvantage.

Dirty Foot

11-15-2011

Quote:
This is intended.

I was always pretty disappointed that you guys chose to not allow Teemo's poison to benefit from spell vamp. Now we have another pseudo-hyrbid champ that also fails to capitalize on sustain builds.

They're both really squishy champs who are, more often than not, right in your face. Doesn't really make sense to limit their ability to have a sustain that all the other harassers and bruisers. This is especially true for Fizz, who's an AP melee champ. It's already an awkward item and kit style in the beginning, is it really necessary to limit his mid-late game staying power?

I see Fizz under-performing in the near future. He's a "nimble" champ in a game where 4/5 of the champ base has some form of crowd control. On top of that, those champs are all bruisers that can easily build heavy sustain of some sort, or they are able to burst people down quickly enough that sustain doesn't matter. Fizz has no sustain, functions on AP, fights as melee, and cannot benefit well from spell vamp.

At least Teemo was ranged and was initially intended to be AD.

Dirty Foot

11-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
Any chance this will be re-visited, at least for Teemo? With Teemo's typical on-hit build, he doesn't get much benefit from lifesteal or spellvamp the way normal AD and AP champions do. That cuts into his sustain during a fight, putting him at a disadvantage.
I've been pushing for this change for almost a year now. I'm beginning to think it's a technical limitation, because there's really no reason for spell vamp to not work int his case.

We're talking about two champs that are robbed from benefiting from life steal because their auto-attacks simply aren't much of their damage, yet they can't benefit from spell vamp because their bread and butter skill is intentionally blocked from proccing spell vamp...

Neither champ has strong 1v1 power, cannot last long in team fights, has no built-in sustain, has terrible regen, cannot self-heal, and cannot move in to damage without receiving equal or greater damage in return.

And if someone mentions trickster has an escape mechanism, I'm killing a kitten. That ability fell flat instantly. The cost is astronomical considering the cooldown, duration, and range. We have yet another champ with an awesome set of skills that was obviously released UP because the limited testing environment leaves the balance department with little confidence in their number-crunching.

I see another champ that is fun to play, but suicidal to pick in a competitive environment. AP melee champ with no sustain--what the hell?

RiotMannie

QA Analyst

11-15-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Foot View Post
I was always pretty disappointed that you guys chose to not allow Teemo's poison to benefit from spell vamp. Now we have another pseudo-hyrbid champ that also fails to capitalize on sustain builds.

They're both really squishy champs who are, more often than not, right in your face. Doesn't really make sense to limit their ability to have a sustain that all the other harassers and bruisers. This is especially true for Fizz, who's an AP melee champ. It's already an awkward item and kit style in the beginning, is it really necessary to limit his mid-late game staying power?

I see Fizz under-performing in the near future. He's a "nimble" champ in a game where 4/5 of the champ base has some form of crowd control. On top of that, those champs are all bruisers that can easily build heavy sustain of some sort, or they are able to burst people down quickly enough that sustain doesn't matter. Fizz has no sustain, functions on AP, fights as melee, and cannot benefit well from spell vamp.

At least Teemo was ranged and was initially intended to be AD.
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'll bring it up and see how people feel about it. I'm curious though, if spell vamp worked on Fizz's 'W', would it actually change the way you itemize?