Why no Warmog's?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ultime

11-14-2011

i want my warmog back unless the new item comes fast and is very good !

Necks

11-14-2011

Warmogs was purchased ALL the time at my elo. Riot made the right decision. People were beginning to exploit Warmogs too much.

Riot also already announced that they were designing a Warmogs replacement months ago. The removal of Warmogs was inevitable.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

Necks, we are the same elo as we play each other a lot. And I never see warmog except when you go warmog as 3/4th item. SO WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

Ultime

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Warmog's in general didn't have a great place in Dominion. Understand first that, as a whole, defensive stats in LoL tend to be under-priced compared to offensive stats. This posed a good bit of a problem for us in development, but ultimately we were able to mitigate it by adding the map-wide armor and magic penetration buff. Warmog's as a pure HP + HP/5 item is a defensive item that wasn't affected by that change though, so it still had that beneficial pricing. Further its core weakness, needing to build it up over time, it heavily mitigated in Dominion due to the number of assists that are generated, and in general it was the only real remaining "farm up" item we had on the map.

We had been planning on replacing Warmog's with a new defensive item for awhile now, but with the community starting to pick up on how good an item it was on the map we opted to pull the trigger now even though the new item is not ready. While I do wish we could have shipped the new item as well, we generally thought the game would be better off at the moment without Warmog's.
thats true, im sad you guys saw that, any tank with a decent amount of armor and Mres and warmog was gettign way harder to kill

if you do the math, + hp is better than armor or mres if the price are comparable... 20 % more hp is way betetr than 20% armor or mres, because the hp count for both at the same time, had a decent armor ratign and mres with FoN , = great hp regen , amazingly hard to kill, FoN + warmog = core tank build in dominion

Necks

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Necks, we are the same elo as we play each other a lot. And I never see warmog except when you go warmog as 3/4th item. SO WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
It doesn't matter. What you, and some people haven't realized yet, is that Warmogs counters the magic penetration and armor penetration crystal scar buff. In terms of stats gained / gold value, Warmogs was superior to most choices for lots of champions.

It is also assumed that your Warmogs will get fully charged every game, guaranteed. Run some math yourself with Warmogs at maximum, and you'll see how amazing the item was on Dominion.

Seņor Pancho

11-14-2011

IMO the only problem warmog had in dominion is how easy the bonus stats "per kill / per assist" were gained. I mean dominion is a bloodbath. you get 4 new assists by picking your nose.

but, they could have made a dominion only equivalent, like sanguin blade / bloodthirster, with bonus stats over time, or simply less stats per kill / assist.

Rickert

11-14-2011

So no more atmogs wukong/yorick/garen/any other tanky dps for me now
However, it's a good choice overall though. Atmogs generally gives too much damage for its defensive stats. In many games of mine, both my team and enemy team usually have 2 to 3 atmogs.

Hikaru Genji

11-14-2011

Atma's is the problem, not Warmog's.

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-14-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Atma's quite possibly is still a problem. We'll see and deal with it if it turns out it is. Myself I'd like to introduce a Warmog's equivalent with a passive that works a bit better on Dominion.

Necks

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Atma's quite possibly is still a problem. We'll see and deal with it if it turns out it is. Myself I'd like to introduce a Warmog's equivalent with a passive that works a bit better on Dominion.
Warmog's passive worked VERY nicely on Dominion. Unless you mean you want to make an equivalent that's "a bit worst" on Dominion.

123456 ... 8