Reds don't care about dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seņor Pancho

11-13-2011

to be fair, I kinda agree that they hyped dominion so much and kinda abandoned it after release except for a few patches and tweaks.

I mean it's not like they are encouraging players to play it, it's just there, with a small player base, and they don't mind.

but yea, there is also twisted treeline, probably even more desertic, so I won't complain further.

mufins

11-13-2011

i'm pretty sure they care, i doubt gunblade would be nerfed if dominion wasn't there.

KrupsMcGee

11-14-2011

Just because they don't post doesn't mean they don't care. Not to mention the one dominion post by a red is a massive info gathering post presumably so they can better identify changes that need to be made to support it.

Honestly they were supporting it more than SR since release. With the big Season 2 patch coming up (masteries, summoner spells, ranged dps and fizz) they might shift more focus back to SR but they are in this for the long haul.

issfire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Game Designer

11-14-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're keeping a close eye on Dominion balance.

In my opinion, because Dominion is so much younger than SR, making balance changes is a lot more delicate.

Temporality

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-14-2011

OP you posted this on a Sunday on a holiday weekend. You know most of the devs who have a hand in balancing dominion have had off the past few days, right? Patches are typically on Tuesdays and they have been making plenty of changes for dominion so far so take it easy and be glad they haven't homogenized this game mode too yet.

1ns

11-14-2011

dominion? what's that?

animegirl1998

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post

In my opinion, because Dominion is so much younger than SR, making balance changes is a lot more delicate.
good

DG Denz Brujah

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by issfire View Post

psst Dominion is nearly 3 years old ... i think we can safely start balancing it

DiscworldDeath

03-19-2013

Dominion is 1.5 years old.

IronAegis

03-19-2013

Necros like this make me sad. I wonder if hearing "We are totally gonna do stuff and fix things!" as a lie is better than crickets.