Patch Preview: Fizz

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IDC Focus Tank

11-14-2011

To pretty much everyone with the last 40 or so replies, I have a message for you.

This is my first post, as I rarely feel the need to reply to some of you, but what I need to say is important enough that I'll actually post instead of casually glancing over it, and twitching one of my eyes in annoyance :

Riot is NOT attempting to OVERTLY nerf any characters. If you guys will pay the slightest amount of attention to the patch notes, you'll notice the nerfs are QUITE small. They effect your gameplay about as much as a BB gun would affect a tank. It's there, and it's VERY difficult to notice these changes (unless they rewrite skills, like the previous Taric stuff... which was cool )

Now - with that being said, another thing to realize with the nerfs/buffs of the characters, you have to keep in mind that Riot is aiming for an overall BALANCE to the game. They want EVERY character they've made to be seen on the Fields of Justice. I can't tell you how many games I have played with a support character like Sona when there are SO MANY MORE TO CHOOSE FROM. Riot wants these characters to be played!

Think about it this way : Why is Sona chosen more than any other support character? Everyone seems to play her in a way that makes them feel like she's better than the others. Simply put : If you have 10 support characters, and only 1 gets played often? NERF THE ONE. I love sona. I don't think she's OP, and I don't think the nerf was a bad idea. They are BALANCING The game by issuing these patches. Riot's overall goal has been to allow everyone to play with WHATEVER CHARACTER THEY WANT by keeping that playing field even.

So now, please. I would ask you all to have the slightest sense of honor, courtesy, dignity, professionalism, graciousness, thankfulness, and maybe even a sense of humility, because guess what? You didn't make this game. You are a player in this game, and yes, that is an honor, and it helps. But don't say that "RIOT IS UNBALANCING THE GAME DURR HURR IM RETARDED" when you have no idea of the things you're saying. You're probably drunk. Please go sober up.

As for Riot: There are players out here who don't post often. I would be one of them (This being my first post). I think I speak for those who don't post when we say "Great Job" and keep it up. Buffs and nerfs are irrelevant to us, because we know that you're balancing the game in a way you see fit in order to keep things applicable to not only every player, but every character. Thank you for your attention to detail.

Aeolian Melodies

11-14-2011

So harassing effectively or bursting someone down in Sona's lane is super hard/impossible.

Wait what?

You guys have her confused with Soraka. Seriously. You poke Sona's lane and not only is she forced to use her mana to heal instead of harrass, but you will ALSO make her OOM extremely fast. 120 heal at max rank + 20 MR/armor with an AP ratio that might as well be deleted is absolutely nothing compared to Soraka's 16 MR aura from passive, double-heal (one of which, may I remind you, is global), and 100+armor from a heal that is WAY better in terms of HP given back AND ratio (sure it was nerfed but Astral Blessing is still twice the ratio on Aria). Did I mention Soraka AND her laning buddy have infinite mana?

Alistar outheals Sona, which is already plain stupid considering that he is FAR scarier than her in the lane. Keep nerfing her and Kayle will outheal her as well.

You want us support players to be aggressive. We get it. But it makes no sense to nerf her defenses considering how she has to put herself in danger to harrass. Grats, now I want to hide in my bushes even more so I can avoid aggro, are you happy?

Aeolian Melodies

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasleus View Post
Think about it this way : Why is Sona chosen more than any other support character? Everyone seems to play her in a way that makes them feel like she's better than the others. Simply put : If you have 10 support characters, and only 1 gets played often? NERF THE ONE. I love sona. I don't think she's OP, and I don't think the nerf was a bad idea. They are BALANCING The game by issuing these patches. Riot's overall goal has been to allow everyone to play with WHATEVER CHARACTER THEY WANT by keeping that playing field even.
I only see Sona often because I play her very often, which isn't exactly a tribute to how strong she is because I played her even when she was overnerfed (a long while ago, then they rebuffed her by tweaking her passive and some numbers) and she "sucked". Very rarely do I encounter a Sona in the other team, or see someone else pick her in my team. I see Soraka, Alistar, Taric and even support Blitz more often than I see another Sona.

If you were talking about competitive play, even there I see other supports picked before/more frequently (ie Janna).

Tempeztad

11-14-2011

Kalgan strikes again.....

IamUrChamp

11-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasleus View Post
To pretty much everyone with the last 40 or so replies, I have a message for you.

This is my first post, as I rarely feel the need to reply to some of you, but what I need to say is important enough that I'll actually post instead of casually glancing over it, and twitching one of my eyes in annoyance :

Riot is NOT attempting to OVERTLY nerf any characters. If you guys will pay the slightest amount of attention to the patch notes, you'll notice the nerfs are QUITE small. They effect your gameplay about as much as a BB gun would affect a tank. It's there, and it's VERY difficult to notice these changes (unless they rewrite skills, like the previous Taric stuff... which was cool )

Now - with that being said, another thing to realize with the nerfs/buffs of the characters, you have to keep in mind that Riot is aiming for an overall BALANCE to the game. They want EVERY character they've made to be seen on the Fields of Justice. I can't tell you how many games I have played with a support character like Sona when there are SO MANY MORE TO CHOOSE FROM. Riot wants these characters to be played!

So now, please. I would ask you all to have the slightest sense of honor, courtesy, dignity, professionalism, graciousness, thankfulness, and maybe even a sense of humility, because guess what? You didn't make this game. You are a player in this game, and yes, that is an honor, and it helps. But don't say that "RIOT IS UNBALANCING THE GAME DURR HURR IM RETARDED" when you have no idea of the things you're saying. You're probably drunk. Please go sober up.

As for Riot: There are players out here who don't post often. I would be one of them (This being my first post). I think I speak for those who don't post when we say "Great Job" and keep it up. Buffs and nerfs are irrelevant to us, because we know that you're balancing the game in a way you see fit in order to keep things applicable to not only every player, but every character. Thank you for your attention to detail.
I don't care for support sona they can nerf her heal spell all the way to zero for all i care im a sona that hit u super hard with full ap burst dmg so whatever and i also would go tank sona on all

Darkwahn

11-14-2011

Patch looks like ass to me.

IamUrChamp

11-14-2011

Yea I'm Glad for one thing mf getting stronger and stronger it weird what about that xerath patch wasn't she op in that patch
whatever I might go back to her im making a team with all mafia skin or somewhere close to mafia

GetOnMyMap

11-14-2011

Why not buff swain? He's so up...

Narazim la noob

11-14-2011

Caitlyn , Kog Maw , Graves nerf .... EPIC !!!!! Finaly , this moment come !!!!

AesthetikSyn

11-14-2011

Caitlyn doesn't need a nerf..