Atma's Impaler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

11-07-2011

Recipe:
- Cloak of Agility (830g)
- Chain Vest (700g)
- 825g

Stats:
+45 armor
+18% critical strike chance

Passive UNIQUE: You gain +3% attack damage per 20% of health you're missing.
ALTERNATE: You gain +8% attack damage, increased by +2% per 20% health you're missing.
ALTERNATE: You gain (flat) attack damage per 10% health you're missing.

It's still an item designed for bruisers/fighters, but it doesn't truly synergize with health items. It makes them stronger at lower health. Possibly solution to the tanky-DPS meta?

It's also a perfect item for Tryndamere, Olaf, Akali and other champions that stay in the fight indefinitely at low health. Synergizes with Rammus quite well! It could also work on AD Carries as they will life steal stronger (due to more damage) at lower healths, allowing them to sustain at low-mid health. As it's a %AD, it requires having AD to start with... thus it doesn't really work on a health+Atma's build.

Yuan Shikai

11-08-2011

Dunno why you suggest to remake Atma's this way instead of just suggesting a new item. Atma's is absolutely fine the way it is.

Ebonclaw

11-08-2011

Interesting, but I don't think that converting HP > AD is necessarily a niche that needs to be removed, or that the numbers for the effect you are proposing could work out very well.

Maybe something like:

Unique Passive: 1% of HP is converted to AD (so half of what it is now, gives you 20AD at 2000 HP)
Unique Passive: Total AD is increased by 15%

If we use 3000HP > 60 AD as the 'typical' low end expectation for Atma's now, then the new form would require ~250AD total to reach a similar benefit.

OR, could merge the 2 -

Unique Passive: Gain 1 AD per 100 Max Health
Unique Passive: Gain 1.5 AD per 100 HP missing

So it still gives some damage at full HP, and the max potential is higher, but the equilibrium is at 33% HP which is dangerously low.

I just don't know. I honestly think the synergy is as intended, and the item has remained unchanged for a very long time without any complaining - and that it is the recent flood of Bruiser/Fighter champs which make such excellent use of the stats, who have a flawed role design (at least, when their ability kits are designed with too much inherent synergy).

3mptylord

11-08-2011

I admit it could have been its own item, and thanks for the feedback. The proposed alternate effects all seem good, too. I only propose to change Atma's because I think it would be easier to alter a single item rather than the 'flood' of champions, as balancing any champion takes a lot let alone lots.

And whilst Atma's is great ad it fills a very good niche, it is Atma's and not health items which is creating the difficult-to-counter* synergy. (*without also usin the same build).

Pretending that tanky-DPS isn't a problem, most people who would build Atma's still benefit from it... Just in a different way. The issue with high-health builds is only the difficulty to shut/burst down: health regen, lifesteal, 'sustain', etc, is a much fairer system.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2011

Remaking Atma's so that Tryndamere will actually want it?

PLEASE no.

And Ebon, I actually did the math and it would be fairly balanced to make Atma's scale off 1.5% of your total health. It would still give about a BF Sword's worth of damage at 3k health (the break even point for it is exactly 1500), but it wouldn't scale so high.

IF Atma's really needs a nerf/change.

Peligrad

11-08-2011

Leave atmog's alone. With all the percentage based damaging abilities out there, hp stacking has enough troubles. It needs the perks...

I hear the qq about this item set so much, but lets face it, the champions that go this route are the ones that don't snowball. AP carries win games because of soulstealer MORE often than tanky dps.

most of the guys I've talked to who solo que'd into 1500+ did so by snowballing ap carry mid, not by tanky dps...

DaskenVasto

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
Dunno why you suggest to remake Atma's this way instead of just suggesting a new item. Atma's is absolutely fine the way it is.
It's op in its current form the idea of changing it to life lost would be great if it was flat rate per 10%. That way everyone that currently uses it could still use it but it wouldn't be insane on people like Olaf, udyr, xin, any other fajitas dps, hell teemo uses it and its so rediculous he becomes an ad champion murderer.