Priscilla's Needs to Go

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killfear View Post
So I don't understand the poo poo about PB. Here's the last 10 games I've played using BDrammus exclusively... 10 wins, zero loss... Boots of Mobility and PB were my first two items every game, and then built defense to match team comp.... I'm able to participate in team fights and juggle between two turrets pretty easily... if there is no obvious turret to buzz to, then support wherever the gang is heading to attack.. once we get the majority, buzz between both points they control to prevent them from focusing on our territory.

I would think if this is not viable, I couldn't win 10 games in a row doing it. What am I missing?
Using Rammus in blind pick does not count for any meaningful discussion.

Anyhow, dedicated ninja-cappers I've seen generally lose their team the game 9 times out of 10. It works against stupid teams, that is all. A strategic ninja-cap wins games, but doing it the entire game is usually a loss for whoever's team they are on.

orakio

11-07-2011

Nothing makes me cringe more in dominion than somebody rushing boots of mobility+priscilla's on my team. So long as we are stomping the other team this player will be useful, the second we are contested on any points this person does nothing really.

To me the simple way to fix this would be to change what priscilla's builds from, build it off a kindlegem so it gives actually useful stats for anyone in the game (CDR and HP are universally useful).

Brackhar

Features Designer

11-07-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm pretty committed to removing Priscilla's as a result, so we'll run some testing and see how it goes.

Rectifier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2011

Good update Brackhar, +1

Werewolf Link

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'm pretty committed to removing Priscilla's as a result, so we'll run some testing and see how it goes.
Replace with Priscilla, The Spider Queen.

Janna Mechanics

11-07-2011

Did someone call?

Palladine

11-07-2011

I have a feeling that the un-fun feeling of back-capping is more related to specific champion mechanics than it is related to Pricilla's Blessing. I'd hate to see the mechanic of back-capping removed because of specific issues with champions.

Major examples include:

-> Rammus' ability to speed away from any champion in the game on a fairly short cooldown, as well as being very hard to kill in the first place.
-> Lack of the stealth rework, causing Eve, Twitch and Shaco to have an auto-escape from anyone on a 15 second cooldown.

Also to a lesser degree:

-> Move-speed passives (Teemo, Janna, Miss Fortune) causing large speed differentials between champions

I think these issues impart a lack of control over the person doing the back-capping that people see as un-fun instead of the mechanic itself. There's not really much you can do if Rammus speedballs away from you, or if someone else is just faster than you by default so they can kite you around the point, preventing you from defending effectively. Shaco's ability to put a multiple-box deathtrap on the point is another matter entirely, and should also be dealt with accordingly.

I believe that fixing these specific issues would allow back-capping to still be viable, while removing some of the frustration inherent with these particular mechanics.

Nialeuth

11-08-2011

Quote:
Well, if what you want is for Dominion to go the same way Summoner's Rift did (one strategy to rule them all), you're doing a good job for sure

NationalKid

11-08-2011

Quote:
Dominon is officially becoming SR.

Elealar

11-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nialeuth View Post
Well, if what you want is for Dominion to go the same way Summoner's Rift did (one strategy to rule them all), you're doing a good job for sure
...Summoner's Rift has split push teams, poke teams, AOE teams, full tanky DPS teams and a dozen viable lane setups with various roamer/jungler setups & lane setups. Exactly what is this strategy that rules them all? "Destroy the enemy Nexus"? 'cause that's pretty **** generic far as strategy goes.

Removing Priscilla's won't make backcapping unviable. It just makes less people make the foolish decision of dedicating their build to it. Good teams can still utilize backcapping as a peel maneuver and bad teams will still be just as weak to someone running around taking their points.

Just, in the latter case the bad team will have a bit more of a chance and the good teams won't lose games 'cause their Shaco wasted gold on Priscilla's instead of useful items (though they'll still stack Zeals and lose anyways but that's less of an issue).

Again, you can backcap without Priscilla's. It's actually better since then you can kill 1 defender and then backcap the point instead of being FUBARd as soon as you end up in a fight.