How to *help* prevent unnecessary losses.(elo hell) V2

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verify Name

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

@Cpt Munchies
We should talk in game about this more so I may better understand what concept you are trying to have me understand.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

11-03-2011

@ Ashqelon:
This is just my forum account, since it seems like the NA forum is the only place to be heard.
My main account - same summoner name - is at EU West.

I like the idea of removing Elo loss from dodging champion selection, but increasing the time penalty to compromise the removal of Elo loss doesn't seem like the way to go.
I understand why it would have to be necessary, so people won't be dodging for every decision another player may take.
However, if one's more competitive and want to play Ranked only, the time penalty will severely prevent that player from getting into queue, because of very bad setup.

I can't really see the solution myself, I've got a few ideas my own, but I'm starting to realize they might not be as good as I thought them out to be.

OtherSide89

11-04-2011

I like this idea very much because I dont abuse the queue dodge. I only dodge when some1 joined our team and say "I hate this game and this world so Ima pick jungle revive soraka"....

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

11-05-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Wow, this is a long post. There are things I can't comment right now, but I want you to know that engineers at Riot cares about player experience a lot! And we do read your post very carefully.

BURNER92

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

/sign

RiSKM

11-05-2011

I agree with many of the suggestions you have, such as removing elo loss and increasing the number of bans, but increasing wait time might not be enough.

Suggestion:
Allow a finite number of dodges per day.

I also disagree with removing the option to play free week champions in ranked. For the most part, I have only played champions that I own (I'd just rather get better with the champions I have), but on the other hand, in many ranked games I have chosen a champion I do not own in order to grab a good first pick for my team mates. Sure, I may not be able to play that character, but just because I chose them doesn't necessarily mean I am going to play them!

Kari Arisu

11-05-2011

VERY much in agreement to being able to dodge without penalty.
I think of ranked as my "Serious" gaming time.
I however, don't do it often, because most of my ranked games go terribly before champion select is over.

I'd much rather wait 25 minutes to re-queue in ranked, than play a game where I know I'm going to lose. [And not once have I had a ranked game that I thought I would lose, and was surprised. =/]

Disagree on the blacklist, and the inability to play free champions.
Without the free champions, a lot of my "back up plans" for team comps would be ruined.
I don't OWN a champion for every situation I've come across yet, however, I've played enough games with champions I don't own to fill their role without being terrible.

Aaronepower

11-05-2011

/sign

quasistellar

11-05-2011

/sign

caveat:

I have given thought to the "/ignore = blacklist" functionality that people want. The trouble with this is that you could see some abuse. It really could become a functional blacklisting if enough people /ignore someone. You might think this is a good thing, but imagine in higher ELO if suddenly someone like HSGG said "everyone /ignore so-and-so", and everyone online at that time actually did it. The person who got /ignored would no longer be able to get into a game.

I know, it's a very unlikely scenario, but it's something to think about.

mdigibou

11-05-2011

Have the /ignore = blacklist function to be a complex algorithm saying "untill time = X, do not pair these 2, if time exceeds X, pair these people".someone else made this suggestion earlier and i quite liked it.