Dominion Myths

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primanocte

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
No, all it really demonstrates is that as a whole this community is dumber than a box of rocks...

This game DOES require team strategy and that become more clear the higher your Elo gets.
Love the downvotes. The truth hurts. There is a reason no one is playing Dominion and I highly doubt it is because everyone in the community is "dumber than a box of rocks". The fact is Dominion has a lot of glaring flaws right now, some of which can't be fixed without making balance changes to champs that would severely affect SR. The masses have spoken. Your queue times are evidence of that.

TouchinMyself

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
Love the downvotes. The truth hurts. There is a reason no one is playing Dominion and I highly doubt it is because everyone in the community is "dumber than a box of rocks". The fact is Dominion has a lot of glaring flaws right now, some of which can't be fixed without making balance changes to champs that would severely affect SR. The masses have spoken. Your queue times are evidence of that.
You do know that queue times for average Elo are like 10 seconds right? High queue times for high Elo is common regardless of game mode...

The masses have not spoken you're just incredibly ignorant of the mechanics of matchmaking.

BROSEPHIROTH

11-04-2011

Quote:
The masses aren't playing Dominion because they'd rather sit in lane and farm for 15 minutes because their expert mechanical mastery at the art of right clicking a creep lets them win games.

Dominion takes actual skill and tactics to do well. In SR you can just right click better than the other side and abuse that to snowball to a victory.

Why do you think the SR meta is focused on sustain and maximizing lane farm at the moment? It caters specifically to lazy hidebound players who can't conceive of playing dynamically. And LoL players are lazy to the maximum.

aim1essgun

11-04-2011

Quote:
And I thought my 2 min queues were from my high dominion ELO

DONT CRUSH MY DREAMS BRO

Primanocte

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim1essgun View Post
And I thought my 2 min queues were from my high dominion ELO

DONT CRUSH MY DREAMS BRO
Its cause no one plays Dominion. Most people have 10+ minute queues though so your "elo" isn't as high as you thought.

Primanocte

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
You do know that queue times for average Elo are like 10 seconds right? High queue times for high Elo is common regardless of game mode...

The masses have not spoken you're just incredibly ignorant of the mechanics of matchmaking.
Not sure what elo you're referring to. When I queue Dominion I always wait 5 plus minutes. When I queue SR it is instant. Maybe at 2K plus elo there is a wait time on SR, but even at scrub elo Dominion has a wait time. Hint: It is because no one plays Dominion.

Sageoffire

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
I see this **** all of the time on these boards:

-Ninja-capping champs are OP
-Balance on Dominion sucks
-It's an AD fest
-No teamwork
-Can't carry
-Casters blow
-No Skill

Frankly, these are simply the opinions of bad Dominion players. At my elo (+30 wins), I see a huge variety of champs, balanced teamcomps, teamwork, and ZERO ninja-cappers. Even Rammus is always played as a highly-mobile bruiser instead of some garbage ninja-capper.

Furthermore, want to carry? Nekrogen spelled it out for everyone: go dominate botlane.
This also happens to be the opinions of good SR players.
--People who are fast can avoid all combat and win, completely counter intuitive for a combat based game.
--Balance on dominion is non existent. champions were sorta balanced for SR. there ARE certain champions that are better, period.
--in SR you win the game by ... being better.
if you get more kills, you have an advantage
if you have more minion kills, thats an advantage
if you can zone your enemy and prevent them from getting exp, thats an advantage.
if you control buffs thats an advantage.
if you ward and keep vision of important places, thats an advantage
if you outplayed the enemy team the whole game then you should win. if the enemy was able to come back, its because you let them farm in their base instead of ending it.

in Dominion you win the game by holding points.
kills arent as significant. they dont give much gold and respawn timers are short.
killing minions isnt going to get you a point faster than just running there and caping it yourself. and the gold you get from minions is insignificant.
there is nothign to zone your enemy from
there are no buffs that can be stolen
half the map is already visible
you can play nearly perfectly all game, never die, push minions waves keep 3 points caped till almost winning ... and still lose. because the passive exp and gold let the enemy catch up. and there wasnt anything you can do about it.

Its not that dominion 'takes no skill', its that dominion gives you everything you need without having to work for it. the better team should win, always. the winners shouldnt be the ones who got outplayed for most of the match.

Melvear

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageoffire View Post
in Dominion you win the game by holding points.True
kills arent as significant. they dont give much gold and respawn timers are short. True, to an extent. You still get gold from kills, and it can be a factor in getting more items
killing minions isnt going to get you a point faster than just running there and caping it yourself. and the gold you get from minions is insignificant. So wrong. I mean sure, if you just got a quadra kill, might as well just run up to the turret and cap it and not push minions. If there's a defender, pushing minions WILL give you an edge. And at 120g for 3 minions, the gold does make a fair difference.
there is nothign to zone your enemy from True, there's no need to
there are no buffs that can be stolen True. So what?
half the map is already visible True. So what? You can still get out of base unseen, so you can actually try to outmanoeuvre or sneak on your enemy
you can play nearly perfectly all game, never die, push minions waves keep 3 points caped till almost winning ... and still lose. because the passive exp and gold let the enemy catch up. and there wasnt anything you can do about it.If that happens, it's because your team got cocky and stopped playing the way they did to get to that point, or they somehow got their **** together really late. As much as people want to bash on Dom's balance, it's really not that bad. No single champion will win you a game. Player skill will win the game.

Its not that dominion 'takes no skill', its that dominion gives you everything you need without having to work for it. the better team should win, always. the winners shouldnt be the ones who got outplayed for most of the match. As it should be. (not implying you're saying otherwise, just emphasizing)
Just my 0.02$

TouchinMyself

11-04-2011

Oh a new myth since i just read this thread.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1443728

Platinum badge dont mean you know dominion...

Xavderion

11-04-2011

My #1 myth:

You can't carry on Dominion.