Thanks for gimping supports again Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Murasaki Ryu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyMegan View Post
what nerf?
Read announcements.

Eefell

11-04-2011

Dont you just love Riots reasoning though?

Assist Gold Nerf - "Well it seems carries are getting too much gold from Assists, I guess we will nerf that. What? That is the main gold income for Supports? Meh they got Gp10 for that."

Gp10 nerf - "Well other classes are abusing them so lets nerf it. What? Supports use them almost exclusively and now has become their new source of income? Meh who cares?"

Heal Nerf - "Well it seems people are staying in lane too long and Healing is the most effective one, lets nerf that too. What? That is half the Supports Main job? Who the hell plays supports anyway?"

And then finally when Support players are being fed up with being the punching bags we ask for a little love. - "Ehh well get around to it, we are too busy catering to all the people who exclusively play Dps"

*sigh* aside from Janna playing support just isnt fun anymore.

Tyroie

11-04-2011

Meh. I play Soraka as my main. Even after all these nerfs, properly played she's still borderline OP. She was just absurd before. Same with some of the other healers.

CV nerfed? Last hit a few minions and buy a couple extra wards. Bam - you've got awesome vision again. Big whoop.

Veigar

Producer

11-04-2011
2 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakyaquifer SN View Post
I think Riot should stop beating around the bush and just tell us that they dont give a **** about support. That way I won't have high hopes every week and a half for a new support champ.
Actually, we think support champions are cool. What we aren't very fond of is the current no-cs, brush-sitting playstyle in bottom lane. It's something we're currently talking about to see what tweaks we can make to better incentivize active/engaging gameplay for supports.

bigp132

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeigarTheHorrible View Post
Actually, we think support champions are cool. What we aren't very fond of is the current no-cs, brush-sitting playstyle in bottom lane. It's something we're currently talking about to see what tweaks we can make to better incentivize active/engaging gameplay for supports.
A support, by definition, shouldn't need farm. Changing that removes supports from the game entirely. Also, if you want to prove you think support champions are cool why not try releasing some instead of the stream of tanky dps and carries?

Edit: Downvotes are fine, but please explain why you disagree. I honestly want to know because to me, if you need CS, you are automatically not a support.

MathMage

11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyroie View Post
Meh. I play Soraka as my main. Even after all these nerfs, properly played she's still borderline OP. She was just absurd before. Same with some of the other healers.

CV nerfed? Last hit 3 minions and buy 1 extra ward. Bam - you've got awesome vision again. Big whoop.
I like to CV when I'm about to place wards so I can go ward without overextending. I like CVing when the enemy has an Oracle's. I like CVing for top lane who didn't buy a ward yet. I like CVing enemy's jungle route early game.

You think dedicated support players are annoyed because they, of all people, don't know how to buy wards? Lol.

Ipitydafool

11-04-2011

Quote:
Inc downvotes despite the solid idea. I, and many others, would play support if it was more actively engaging. Everything about supports is passive and boring at the moment and I look forward to the days of more active supports like Leona. (Who is really more of a tank but makes a great duo partner bot)

Kumor

11-04-2011

Quote:
As a Janna main who just got bored of sitting there and weakening waves with rank 1 tornado for my lane mate or else I get trolled. I thank you all.

Love Janna, if my lane mate starts sucking I can quickly make 1-2 adjustments to my skilling and build to farm entire waves in a single tornado. But then the complaining starts.....

Edit: Let me make this very clear, I only farmed the waves myself when my lane mate did good to get a single creep out of a wave even with my help. Janna after a certain point is impossible to deny creeps unless you totally push her out of lane.

Edit2: Lol, down votes because I personally love a champ but don't want to be forced into playing in a VERY specific way?

sleepyj101

11-04-2011

Quote:
yaaaa.... thats gonna take a complete rework of all the supports at which point they'd be closer to mages than supports >.>

The current direction of "clutch abilities" seemed like a good idea until I noticed I can really only half save one person than my cool downs force me to watch the rest of my team die.

D4saken1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2011

I usually write a love sonnet when I sit bottom in the bush.

It would be nice to see a positive change for supports soon.