Auto re-join after a dodge

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doonie87

11-02-2011

When you are queued up for a match and someone leaves I have a pretty strong, passionate dislike for the fact that I am automatically queued up again right away. For two reasons;

One, if in that brief couple of minutes I realize a lack of expectations for my team (since usually there are ~3 repeat team mates), I can choose not to queue up right away since the chemistry wouldn't work.

Two, A LOT of the time, I get put into matches with people who THOUGHT their game was going to start so they went to expose waste, or made a snack, or did laundry, etc. And then I have to go through the process of choosing champions all over again for a game that will either never start, or start with a random champion select mistake. Not to mention nobody was banned in ranked if the captain is the afk person.

In addition, I have been unfortunate enough to find my way to the cursed ELO of around 1000 where people don't grasp game mechanics as much as others. (In my defense a lot of losing games I finish with a positive score). So I find that part of ranked games is luck of team selection. But I digress....

Please eliminate the auto-rejoin mechanic, because the reasons to remove it, far outweigh the reasons to keep it.

Knight of Mars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2011

At the very least I feel there should be a ~30sec timer when you could click to immediately rejoin Queue or click to opt out, and when the timer expires is puts you back into Queue. Or better yet, allow some options client-side for people to set whether or not they want to be put back in immediately after a dodge.

maso

11-02-2011

Yeah I agree with this. Player approval should be required before that player is added to the queue again after someone leaves selection.

Marotte the Fool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-03-2011

YES I love this idea...
I really hate it when your team has a bad comp and luckily someone on the opposing team dodges but you dont have time to react to this to cancel queing (so that you wont be on that team anymore) but end up with the same people in another lobby... i would rather just push the button to start a que over all over again then have it do it automatically

1ST BLO0D

11-03-2011

I'd just give it a 3 second timer before rejoining the queue post dodge. That way it gives you a couple of seconds to cancel the rejoin.

the brat prince

11-03-2011

i like the timer idea but it should default to 'opt out' instead of throwing you back in the queue after 30 sec. if you arent at your computer when you are queuing then whatever youre doing IRL should take priority anyway.

the WORST part about this issue imo is that almost half the time after the game starts, guess who youre playing against? the same people that were in YOUR queue before the dodge/DC! which means at least one person on their team knows who youre likely to pick

yes that can work vice-versa to your advantage as well, but really this shouldnt happen at all. i almost always turbo click the X between queues after a dodge/dc for this reason alone. sucks when im queued with friends as then we either have to invite all over again, or stay in the queue and pick different champs or take our chances with our original picks and hope they arent smart enough to blind counter pick

inb4 draft

boourns

UI Designer

11-03-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Yup, I agree with this. I'll talk to the pvp.net guys about the feasability. Nothing sucks worse than having someone hard random because they afk'd thinking their match was starting.

LGU Sly

11-03-2011

makes sense :P

Din

11-03-2011

ive randomed many a champion this way

Thomyas

11-03-2011

bump