Season One Details Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MattMarcou

eSports Manager

Follow RiotMarcou on Twitter

06-22-2010
16 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makbeth View Post
Please reconsider your draft mode order, it is balanced improperly.

Team 1 must pick a hero first, which (if everything is considered balanced) is a disadvantage because Team 2 will have the opportunity to counter.

To equalize this, Team 1 would conceivably be allowed to pick last, but this is not the case currently. As it is, Team 2 will pick last and thus have the opportunity to counter Team 1's choices every step of the way.

You can fix it now, or you can wait for the logs to prove the statistical conclusion that I have made a living being on the proper side of
Hey Makbeth,

I'm open to hearing some thoughts on statistical analysis if you are a professional statistician or odds maker

I'm not understanding your statement completely though as the draft is done in a standard snake format 1-2-2-2-2-1. My initial thought to your statement is that you are someone who values counter-picking, but maybe does not fully realize the value of ensuring that you get the heroes you want (no one has complete mastery of all the heroes). Furthermore, since the draft alternates the opportunity to counter-pick also alternates back and forth between the 2 teams. Since Team 2 only has one pick at the end, their final attempt to counter is not as strong.

Please let me know if you misread the draft process or misspoke on your comment. Otherwise, I recommend that you start a thread where we can discuss further.

xtpottx

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimeyy View Post
did anyone notice in the fist pic it says AUG 18 for all the dates. maybe thats the release date.its says "Riot does something Awesome"

lol its says APRIL not AUGUST.

Crs LiQuiD112

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

Please take long queue times into consideration. My average queue time is over 9 minutes

Anxtrist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2010

When does season one start? Looks great....keep up the good work riot

MarsCollective

06-22-2010

Quote:
As a man who has made hundreds of thousands of dollars using game theory and advanced mathematics at Arizona State University, I can assure you that your statement is completely ignorant. Please, pick up a book on the minimax theorem (or game theory in general) and educate yourself on the subject. Be it through permutation or random chance, the advantage goes to Team 2.

Edit- any time you'd like to play, I'm happy to. Just as long as I'm on team 2.
Funny. See, every person is a too-smart person on the internet, and when it comes to discussions I love seeing people always claiming random gibbery to attemp to prove their point.

If you want to have some "real" arguments on defending your point, you have to do at least 1 of 2 things: (better if both)

1) The good 'ol "Proof or it didnt happen". I can say too that Im rich and have 3 PHDs and masters and whatnot blah blah gibbery on gaming or math or whatever, and you will never know if its true or not unless I actually prove it, so prove it or dont bring it up since in that case it is just gibbery.

2) Enlighten him (and the rest of us). Dont send him to "look for a book on the minimax theorem" which you and everyone knows nobody will look for that just because you said so, but instead, prove us that you do know what you're talking about and enlighten us by explaining what that is and it's relationship to your point (no, not a google/wikipedia definition, but your explanation). Enlighten us with your hundreds-of-thousands-of-dollars worthy knowledge of gaming!

Ill be anxiously waiting Mr. Rich/Adv. Mathematics guy!

KingRon

06-22-2010

Quote:
As a man who has made hundreds of thousands of dollars using game theory and advanced mathematics at Arizona State University, I can assure you that your statement is completely ignorant. Please, pick up a book on the minimax theorem (or game theory in general) and educate yourself on the subject. Be it through permutation or random chance, the advantage goes to Team 2.

Edit- any time you'd like to play, I'm happy to. Just as long as I'm on team 2.

How do you make money at a university?

I thought usually the people who worked at universities were the ones who couldn't get jobs - the ole, "those that can, do. Those that can't, teach."

So you'd want to play a basketball game on Team 2 with your buddies, even if Lebron James was the team captain for Team 1? Every time? I'll bet those Arizona U. alum are feeling proud of you right about now.

Squawl

06-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilborne View Post
It's a good thing That pre-season 1 was meant for you to familiarize yourself with all the champions. I like this idea for the sole purpose that it will help prohibit people from playing one single hero EVERY game. I think we will see that the best players are the ones who can adapt to playing any champion, and any group makeup.

yes, this is an interesting idea, however, if you have made it to multiple win streaks, you will find that you probably did it with a single champion, not switching between champs. i find that i go on losing streaks when i switch champs every game rather than stick with what i know. this will be an interesting concept.

Snow Bunny Nida

06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Post your questions below, and we’ll follow up with a Q&A next week!
When is the question and answer thread going to be up?

Scribblar

06-23-2010

please also keep the original mode , Some people may not want to play draft mode. Keep that in mind riot.

AndroidShadow

06-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribblar View Post
please also keep the original mode , Some people may not want to play draft mode. Keep that in mind riot.
agreed