Beholder Shield

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tetrologist

11-01-2011

After seeing both Archangles staff and mana mune i wanted to amke a tanking variant off the Tear of the Goddess
Edits after original idea due to commentors giving me ideas
Tear of the Goddess: 995 gold
Cloth Armor: 300 gold
Null-Magic Mantel: 400
500 gold

Beholder Shield:
+ 350 mana
+7 mana regeneration
+ 20 armor
+30 mag-resist
Unique passive: 2% (on most tanks 1% is to little and on some 3% is to much) of mana is added to both armor and mag-resist
Unique passive: Every time you take damage you gain 2 mana. This ability can only be activated once every 2 seconds. Max mana gain possible: 1000

The reason for this being both an armor and mag-resist item is because there are very few of them in the game, GA beinghte only one i can think of, and for most tanks needing to build both happens frequently. Also for most tanks GA is usless late game due to the little bit of health they restore andhte location you are often in with almost no escape abilities.

Please comment on what you think of this item.

Side note: I know it would be overpowered on singed because of his preset passive but i was thinking of other low mana tanks that really dont have a reasone to stack mana such as Rammus.

Kagami

11-01-2011

I'd be more worried about being OP on Blitz or Ryze than Singed...

Also you forgot about the base stats of tear of the goddess being on it(+350 mana and
+7 mana regeneration).

Tetrologist

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzusaDemandsYuri View Post
I'd be more worried about being OP on Blitz or Ryze than Singed...

Also you forgot about the base stats of tear of the goddess being on it(+350 mana and
+7 mana regeneration).
thank you for reminding me of that

Dream Glitched

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

:O 5000 mana ryze will get 150 armor and MR from this one item. woops + the base values means 175armor and 180 MR.

The concept is good but i can see it being too OP on caster, this will basically be their one source of defence because of its crazy stats.

i think lowering the stats to 2% of max mana will compensate for the OP ryze.

Tetrologist

11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gli Glitched View Post
:O 5000 mana ryze will get 150 armor and MR from this one item. woops + the base values means 175armor and 180 MR.

The concept is good but i can see it being too OP on caster, this will basically be their one source of defence because of its crazy stats.

i think lowering the stats to 2% of max mana will compensate for the OP ryze.
I guess you are assuming this is a fully fed ryze with a few RoA to keep boosting mana because the extra mana wont stack among archangels, manamune, and this item since they are all based off Tear of the Goddess (to teh best of my knowledge) in wich case he was fed and already OP.

Effigy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2011

3% mana is OP, especially if Singed builds with this item! Knock the % down and maybe make the Armor and MR affects separate items.

Cygone

11-02-2011

at about 3600mana, (about the max you can get as a tank - including this iteam) you would see 72AR and 72MR, that might sound alittle OP, but its not really, because the build has, BV, RoA, FHeart, Lich, Merc. So you lose the really good tanking items and a hugh chunk of HP.

Sounds like a good idea, who as some have said, certain champs might be OP with it.

VanguardGeneralZ

11-02-2011

I am sure Riot could do 1.5% or 2.25% if they wanted to.

Pirate Priscilla

11-02-2011

or how about this, 2% of max mana is calculated and then split 50/50 into MR and armor, so 1% of max mana to each MR and Armor, not only does this make the item seem more realistic it just makes so much sense for a tank to have both

Or you could make a single equivalent such as Only magic resist or only armor(the fact that it's "mana"mune means its magical)
So it would probably be more suited to just be a high MR item for manahog tanks.

just my 475 gold :P

HIroki Uzami

11-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerise View Post
or how about this, 2% of max mana is calculated and then split 50/50 into MR and armor, so 1% of max mana to each MR and Armor, not only does this make the item seem more realistic it just makes so much sense for a tank to have both

Or you could make a single equivalent such as Only magic resist or only armor(the fact that it's "mana"mune means its magical)
So it would probably be more suited to just be a high MR item for manahog tanks.

just my 475 gold :P
Unnecessarily complicated when you could just bump the percent down to 1% got the exact same effect. Which people seem to agree wouldn't be quite enough.