@Riot - Stop hiding

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shark Juggler

10-31-2011

A few days? It's been over a week since this started snowballing in the first place. Pretty sure the way the internet works and social media sites get involved every minute you waste is money.

Dirty Foot

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghufluk View Post
A few days? It's been over a week since this started snowballing in the first place. Pretty sure the way the internet works and social media sites get involved every minute you waste is money.
Unless ignoring the problem keeps your investors and tournament sponsors happy.

IS143591077bd3c7fd0b1ea

10-31-2011

/signed

Ez0 Soldrin

10-31-2011

**** that, its bull**** Riot and you know it, You are their sponsor, you have a say so, do something about it and stop being little *****es.

Lancer723

10-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I'm not the guy who is going to enter this conversation and speak to the justification or validity of the decision. What I can do is speak to how we handled communication - which was poor. The decision has been made for better or for worse, and if the decision is going to be changed it's because the WCG is going to change it.

Whether or not I agree with the decision is not relevant - what I can do is apologize for the poor communication and ensure that we're taking the appropriate steps to manage both our communication to players about this stuff, and our relationships with tournament organizers.
Dodging the question.

The question is explicitly that Riot had a hand in the decision to go 2 best of three sets. It was stated by you guys that it was "a joint decision'. This means that Riot is in fact partially responsible for the decision itself, something that every rioter with a statement on the subject is trying to ignore and downplay.

You DID have a hand in the decision and you SHOULD take responsibility for the decision itself instead of trying to pass the buck to the largely mute WCG organization. It's pretty clear here that you guys are trying to twist the facts around to put the blame on WCG,

That's pretty shady. Take responsibility for your actions.

Ez0 Soldrin

10-31-2011

/sign

GeminiAsmita

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2011

we should joined and hire best lawyer to sue these company and wcg

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-31-2011
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
The question is explicitly that Riot had a hand in the decision to go 2 best of three sets. It was stated by you guys that it was "a joint decision'. This means that Riot is in fact partially responsible for the decision itself, something that every rioter with a statement on the subject is trying to ignore and downplay.
Help me understand where this was stated by us. I'm not explicitly saying it wasn't - but I can't find the source outside of people citing SOTL, and I can't find that segment within SOTL where that was stated, especially not in those terms.

Xallan

10-31-2011

It was not stated by you.

Quote:
Competitors,

Myself along with Riot Games have been in constant communication for the past 6 or so hours and have come the conclusion that the match is to be continued. This decision was a joint decision between WCG USA and Riot Games, and agreed upon unanimously by both parties. It will be the final ruling in the matter, without any further discussion or comment.

We have determined that another Best of 3 will need to be played, with the winner of that gaining immediate admittance to the WCG Grand Finals in South Korea. The finals of the WCG USA League of Legends tournament is going to be played in a consistent format to that of the WCG Canada Final which was Best 2 of 3 sets with a 1 set advantage to the upper bracket winner. When we made the format for the tournament, we consulted Riot Games, who provided last year's model as a recommendation. However, since the removal of the National LAN Qualifier, we have since adapted the original rule set to match our needs and make for the best competitive format possible. The original intent was to have this on stage at the LAN Finals, and because of time constraints only a one-game advantage would be awarded to the upper-bracket winners. However, since the cancellation of the LAN Finals, we altered the format back to what we consider to be the better one with regards to competitive integrity.

The current rule-set posted on the WCG USA site were intended only for the online qualifiers, and not the National Finals. In the rules we (the tournament directors) clearly reserve the right to make changes and updates to the format as we see fit, based on the progress and spirit of the competition. This is one of those times in which we will enforcing this rule. Teams were emailed after the first match and notified they would need to play ANOTHER bo3 set. We are sticking with this initial ruling.

Although the rules could have been better formatted and communicated to the players, they were nonetheless consistently enforced throughout the tournament. We believe we have settled on the best solution possible. The essence of a double-elimination tournament is that all the teams get equal opportunities not only for success, but for one failure as well. Since all MATCHES are based on a best-of-3 “maps” scenario, the team coming from upper-bracket has not actually lost a MATCH. To eliminate them from the tournament based on only the loss of one match in a double elimination bracket would go against the logic of a double elimination tournament.

Obviously we hope you will work out your differences and get this match scheduled and played in a timely manner. We're going to impose a 48 hour deadline upon which the match needs to be completed and results reported on the WCG USA Website. You have the option to forfeit if you're not satisfied with our decision, but no exception will be made if you choose to do this. I think I speak for everyone when I say that this is the fairest solution as far as tournament integrity is concerned and we hope to see an excellent match with the winner advancing to the Grand Finals in Korea.

Best of luck to both teams,

Kevin Rosenblatt

Tournament Director

WCG USA

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-31-2011
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
It was not stated by you.
As I've stated before...
Quote:
I don't want to disparage the WCG, but I will say that this event has definitely caused us to more closely scrutinize the relationships that we have with tournament providers. We want them to be able to operate autonomously without our help - but at the same time we want to provide them with tools and an environment in which they can be successful.