Deathfire Grasp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ehlk

10-27-2011

I really like this item but is it actually viable on any champs?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

I use it on Xerath all the time. Mainly because Xerath doesn't have any form of HP based damage, so despite his MR ignoring Magic Pen %, he doesn't have a huge burst.

Once you hit 600 AP, you'll get about 50% damage in 1 shot. Anyone who likes CDR and heavy AP can use Deathfire.

ThaBlackHand

10-27-2011

it is.. I use it for Maokai (who is an AP tank), I have no burst damage if I go tanky, so I use this plus CC and it works as hell...

Also, Maokai has like 7-11 secs of CD at lvl 18... Deathfire Grasp reduces it by 15%. and mana regeneration!!!

nice item

:Recommended:

BrotherCaine

10-27-2011

Use it on any mage that you need CDR for provided you remember to use item actives.

If you can use item actives and you need CDR for your mage there is no excuse to be taking Morello's Evil Tome over DFG.

DFG is great with mages who have damage amplifications (Poppy, Swain and teamates exploiting Vlad's ultimate)

Autocthon

10-27-2011

Morello's is better IMO on Xerath than deathfire. If the enemy is close enough to be activating it on them then you did something wrong.

Anyway, deathfire is great on almost every AP champ in game.

Dragull

10-27-2011

DFG is one of Veigar`s core items.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocthon View Post
Morello's is better IMO on Xerath than deathfire. If the enemy is close enough to be activating it on them then you did something wrong.

Anyway, deathfire is great on almost every AP champ in game.
It's not wrong for them to be close range when you're abusing your MS boost to get them. And the %HP damage freaks people out when 1/2 their lifebar disappeared to Fireball. The fact that Xerath has a ton of natural %Magic Pen makes it even better.

It works well on any AP champion whose kit needs some extra kick in their burst damage.

JayceJa

10-27-2011

in most 1v1 fights, a DFG will give most mages more damage than a deathcap which costs about 1000 more

its a severely underrated item

Kryssie

10-27-2011

And champion that bursts hard but cant quite burst a squishy in a combo will easily find themselves securing kills much easier with it. I rush it on veiger and leblanc

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

10-27-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Veigar and Poppy are the main two I see it used effectively on. Veigar since he's pretty much all about getting a lot of AP and exploding someone, then waiting on CDs. AP Poppy for the same reasons, though with her it's her ult's damage amp % in place of such ridiculously high AP. Its short range is the major thing making it unattractive for a lot of casters that would otherwise love the CDR and build path from a GP5 item (Lux for example).