What happens next?

[NMR] March north by land. Attack the Nikasaur Manifest. Crush them before they aid the IsC. 60 14.89%
[NMR] Deploy by sea. Head straight to the Nyandaregion to frame the Confederacy. 47 11.66%
[NMR] Deploy by sea to the Nyandaregion, but stop in the Imperium for supplies first. 27 6.70%
[NMR] Deploy by sea to the Nyandaregion, but stop to attack the Imperium to steal their supplies. 31 7.69%
[IsC] Attempt to gain an alliance with the Nikasaur Manifest. 121 30.02%
[IsC] Send a large, armed caravan to purchase supplies from the Imperium. 52 12.90%
[IsC] Attempt to join forces with the Imperium to gain access to their equipment. 88 21.84%
[IsC] Wait to see what the NMR does next. Send out scout teams to spy on them. 44 10.92%
[The Knights who Drink Tea] Drink tea! (Tea! Tea! Tea!) 128 31.76%
[Xyphuminati] Be foreboding, but otherwise useless. 98 24.32%
[Imperium] Continue to stockpile supplies. Wait until one side or the other approaches you. 46 11.41%
[Imperium] The Phreakemperor said he supports bears. Arrange a meeting with the IsC leadership. 98 24.32%
[Anti-Fun Agenda] Zileas' minions show up to wreck everyone's stuff and eradicate impure content. 76 18.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

[Community Event] The Riot War - Chapter 2 - Never Trust a Dark Lord

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marshallis Lodgium

10-27-2011

???

A rift has opened.

Near the outskirts of Parrotopia, the air seemed to be bending in on itself. At first it was merely a small ripple, but as time began to pass the distortions steadily increased in size, until it looked as though the very fabric of reality was ripping itself apart. Eventually the fractures stabilized, creating a portal just large enough to allow the mysterious hooded figure on the other side to squeeze through. As he did so, taking great care not to lose any of the various tomes and scrolls protruding from under his robes, the portal quickly closed behind him. The man then collapsed onto the road (the last of his energy having been used to seal the rift) with a satisfied smile on his lips. He had arrived exactly where he needed to. The only question now was what they were going to do with him.

The Traveler has arrived.

Underneathean

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden 001 View Post
((you escaped with Leona? I saw you broke her free but left her chian, but you turned into a hawk and flew away. What happened to Leona? Did you leave her to wander by herself or what?))

EDIT(so the cape can turn you both into a single creatuer controlled by you? sorry, just trying to understand))
(( ya the cape is kinda like a hammerspace sort of thing, like there is infinite space inside of it no matter how much it grows or shrinks, thus it can take the shape of a bird and carry around several people easily))

((EDIT: think magic carpet from Aladdin meets Mary Poppins' bag))

FearTheSkorpion

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagarys View Post
Ulciscendi, you're doing a solid job man. I read your stuff. No need to tweak it. Just keep doing what you're doing and have fun with it.
[[Wow, thanks. Alright, I'll continue tomorrow with the beginning of the journey. Until then, signing off.]]

Rousoku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

IsC

Crow’s scythe swung through the thin air with a great speed. Again and again he swung, each time faster and more powerful than the last, timing each step perfectly in attempt to gain the greatest force behind each blow he would make.

To Crow, a battle was not simply who could end the others life sooner, but a form of art, in which a weapon and its owner became one to carve out their image in the opponents flesh. Without grace and style, he would be as low as the common barbarian whom merely swings ones sword, simply because they can. It was this attitude towards swordplay that made him all the more deadly.

Generally calm and collected, in the heat of a battle, and sometimes even training, Crow’s “Other” side would take control. It was for this reason mostly of which he had outcast himself. Fueled by adrenaline and bloodlust, the other part of Crow had no grace, no style, and no mercy. It was his discovery of this darkness that led to the loss of his childhood friend, something he has never forgiven himself for.

*BAM* Flashback.

It was a warm sunny day in Parrotopia and all was well. A young Crow ran about carefree to the world around him; alongside was his greatest friend, Silver.

Silver was a tad bit older than Crow; a rough 2 years between them, but that meant nothing. All that was important was the bond together that they shared. Where Silver went, young Crow would follow. Silver had taught Crow all he knew about swordplay and they had always practiced together. They were almost inseparable and probably still would be, if it were not that steel had such a devastating effect upon a human’s flesh and bones.

It was roughly a week after Crow had turned 15. He had not been feeling too well since, and had not appeared outside his home for the entirety. He remembers it all too clearly what happened next. Silver had come over and Crow’s spirits were lifted, he had found the strength to rise from bed and ventured out to a hilltop that overlooked some of the houses among Parrotopia.

They sat and talked about everything. About people, about places and about their futures…
“One day I’m gonna become a guard for the palace!” Exclaimed Silver “Imagine me, helping to protect and serve the Great Parrot Lord and his Fair Lady Leona”
Crow quickly followed “Me too! Me too! I’ll become a guard as well! With both of us, there’s no way anyone would ever be game enough to go after our Great Lord!”
Silver chuckled “Well little Crow, You know you actually have to be good at sword fighting to become a guard”
“Shut up!” Snapped Crow with a smile on his face “I am good! I’ve been practicing!”
Surprised, Silver looked down at the young Crow and leaned forward; using a hand to measure the height between the two to ensure Crow knew about the obvious advantage Silver had when it came to strength and speed “Well then, I suppose there’s only one way to prove that now isn’t there.”
Silver tossed an average steel sword to Crow; He himself had a trusty scythe. “Don’t hold back because you’re older than me or you’re gonna regret it” chirped Crow.
“Hah!” Laughed Silver “If I don’t hold back, you’ll be the one regretting it little Crow” It was at this point Crow charged, sword held high with both hands. Too predictable. He’s only trying to get as much power as he can behind his swings thought Silver.

As Crow got closer screaming, he swung his sword with all his might. Missed, ****! Silver had back stepped Crow’s swing and all he had managed to do was dig up a dirt clump. Before he could react, Silver was using the handle of the scythe as a pole, implanted in the dirt, to swing himself around, propelling him forward with much greater speed and strength than Crow knew he could gain, to land both feet in Crow’s face.

Thrown backwards across the grass from the impact, Crow had to will himself to fight through the pain and stand. It would be all over if Silver had any more time to close the gap between them. Weakly raising his sword, Silver slowly approached, Vision becoming blurred and limbs on the verge of lifeless Crow staggered.

“Is that all little Crow?” Said Silver mockingly “What did I tell you, if I didn’t hold back, you might be dead by now, you should leave protecting others to me.” Stung by these words in his weakened state, tears fell from young Crow’s eyes, slowly; anger began to rise up within him.
“Shut up!” yelled Crow “Shut up!” He screamed again, more clearly than before. Strength seemed to be filling his body; he regained control of his limbs and raised his sword swiftly, fiercely, with a determined look on his face. A look that Silver had never seen before.

“So then…You want some more? Well alright” Silver took a stance to provide himself the most power when blocking an attack, he intended to take the strength of the blow, only to return it with even more force after Crow had struck, catching him off balance.

A rage Crow unlike anything he had ever felt before. How dare he say I can’t protect others! How dare he! I’ll make him pay! I’ll make him pay!!! I’LL MAKE HIM PAY! It was at this point that Crow blacked out… When he awoke, he found himself standing over the lifeless body of Silver, blood flowing from a wound in his chest, a wound accompanied by Crow’s sword.

*End flashback*

from that day forward, Crow rarely smiled, he rarely laughed, he was rarely seen for that matter. Silvers body was buried in the same place of which he had died, with his scythe used as a headstone. And it was about a week after that day when Crow had promised to master the use of a scythe in honor of Silvers memory. Perhaps it was touching. Perhaps it was so he would always remember the pain he had caused himself. Whatever the reason, it didn’t matter now. He had mastered the scythe, created his own style. It was an art form… An art form the world has yet to see… he thought to himself. He had intended on waiting, not wanting to interfere with anything going on beyond the four walls he was confined within unless he was first approached…but now…he had a different objective in mind.

For the first time in a while, Crow smiled. He was not sure for what reason he smiled. But he did anyway. Now then…How to get out… Studying the room, he ran his hands across the stone cold walls, attempting to focus and perhaps find a weakness in the structure. It was his request that once he was sealed in, there was no way to exit, unless enabled by someone on the outside. ((If anyone wants to question how he survived without food and water. The answer will be Magic. = =))

Finding a suitable focus point Crow sighed. It had been years since he had seen the outside…felt the sun. He was unsure of whether he was ready. Raising his scythe in preparation to strike he called out to himself “I guess…there’s only one way to find out!” Bringing down the scythe with incredible speed, again and again striking at the singular point in the wall until finally, it gave way, crumbling before him the darkness he was so accustomed to, banished by the sunlight which flooded the room.

Shielding his eyes, he climbed over the rubble that was once a wall of his “prison”, out, into the vast area which he had taken refuge. Scanning his horizons he thought to himself …It certainly has been a while… Things look so…different. And where should I start? Finding what seemed like buildings off in the distance he began walking in that direction, trusty scythe safely held in place against his back, blocking most of the sun with the dark hood of his robe. ((Think, Organization XIII))

His destination? The Palace unless otherwise inclined. It shouldn’t take too long… thought Crow …I hope.

He was going to look for the chance to display his “Art”

((I tried not to add anything that changes anything... If you get that. Pre much consider me on the way to the Palace to see what i can do, if anything yeah? I just got a little bored today, thats all.))

Still Eternity

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulciscendi View Post
[[Wow, thanks. Alright, I'll continue tomorrow with the beginning of the journey. Until then, signing off.]]
((*intrest peaked* Where is this thread of yours? I am searching but cannot find...))

Still Eternity

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshallis Lodgium View Post
???

A rift has opened.

Near the outskirts of Parrotopia, the air seemed to be bending in on itself. At first it was merely a small ripple, but as time began to pass the distortions steadily increased in size, until it looked as though the very fabric of reality was ripping itself apart. Eventually the fractures stabilized, creating a portal just large enough to allow the mysterious hooded figure on the other side to squeeze through. As he did so, taking great care not to lose any of the various tomes and scrolls protruding from under his robes, the portal quickly closed behind him. The man then collapsed onto the road (the last of his energy having been used to seal the rift) with a satisfied smile on his lips. He had arrived exactly where he needed to. The only question now was what they were going to do with him.

The Traveler has arrived.
((Double Interest! A newcomer. Perhaps something interesting? Speak! ))

Still Eternity

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupcup View Post
[[Alright well I'm off for the night. Will continue tomorrow where you may leave off, Eternity. :L ]]
((Until then. ))

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-27-2011
8 of 9 Riot Posts

Jesus guys.. this **** is epic!

The Golden 001

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Jesus guys.. this **** is epic!
Gogo persuade the other reds to read this!

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

10-27-2011
9 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden 001 View Post
Gogo persuade the other reds to read this!
Oh I have..

..I have.