Xerath: Sloppiest and Most Nonsensical Design Yet

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-27-2011
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catboots View Post
so do initial reports that something is "OP" usually mean it is "Nutty, koo-koo, SUPER OP"?

Yes, or it's an assassin (all assassins that aren't really poor are considered OP on release since they tend to run away with games when they are successful).

Temjen

10-27-2011

I _LOVE_ Xerath, personally. I've played since beta, and in my opinion, he's something really special.

That said, a new passive would be super-neato.

Sonovius

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're making a ton of assumptions here - the passive isn't adding gameplay, and we can fix this really easily.

For example, Xerath could exemplify "high range" play more. We want to give him a passive that gives him additional damage based on how far the target is away from him, especially since skill shots are more reliable at close range. This gives some additional room for great Xerath players to stand out and optimize their play, which is the opposite of what you say.

Though, the thought that "others are too noob and ruin everything" is a common forum trope in all communities ;x
I'm not making assumptions as much as I'm worried about you fellows changing a fun and dynamic champ who imho seems balanced.

Your very quick response and the fact that you stated you have a lot of ideas already means that its almost a complete rework for him. It begs the question: who is really complaining? You dont see nearly the level of Xerath complaints like you do Graves (he is fine too I'm not that guy) but a rework so soon before anyone even figures him out?

I dunno he is the first dude since Yorick that I truly enjoy on all levels. And I'm barely scrapin average with him. He is just fun with a great artstyle. Heck, I was admiring the extra mile you guys went with his particle effects when he basic attacks turrents last night.

BrutaIity

10-27-2011

Quote:
Yes, or it's an assassin (all assassins that aren't really poor are considered OP on release since they tend to run away with games when they are successful).
Opinions on Talon, NMST?

Corpse Princess

10-27-2011

Morello, that stun-mark on Xerath is totally re-used and unnecessary. He resembles Brand too much with it. Brand's passive, IS a mark, Sear is also a skillshot, Xerath's E is ALSO a mark, with his Q also being a long range line skillshot.

Not sure why play Xerath when you can play Brand. The problem I see is that Mark > Skill shot stun has already been used before and it doesn't make Xerath unique.

Unless you give Xerath's E utility and be able to use it on your allies to protect themselves from enemy spells (attacking you with the mark would stun the opponent).

Morello

Lead Designer

10-27-2011
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Absoluut View Post
Opinions on Talon, NMST?
Still a bit too strong in lane. Rake damage too high/cost too low/CD too low. Changing one of those will put him in a good place.

Z3ruL

10-27-2011

Quote:
You're making a ton of assumptions here - the passive isn't adding gameplay, and we can fix this really easily.

For example, Xerath could exemplify "high range" play more. We want to give him a passive that gives him additional damage based on how far the target is away from him, especially since skill shots are more reliable at close range. This gives some additional room for great Xerath players to stand out and optimize their play, which is the opposite of what you say.

Though, the thought that "others are too noob and ruin everything" is a common forum trope in all communities ;x
why? usually assasins try to jump in on xerath and his passive makes him have a nice durability to those AD assasins or bruiser

this will make locus a little dispointing in my opinion

buff his passive instead !

Darmikau

10-27-2011

What steps will be taken to ensure Xerath doesn't do obscene damage with his new passive? His damage is pretty good...I feel like he might need some base hits in exchange for a "more damage the further you are" passive. Maybe it's because I'm running AP runes, I'm not sure.

Also, Morello, mind giving any quick thoughts to this? It could use some red insight but our discussion is quickly dying.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1411267

Faytherite

10-27-2011

What you're asking for is the same thing you would cry about if riot gave it to you. He can ALREADY shoot you from the fog of war. HE does not need more range. And, its already dangerous to stay rooted and do your siege, cause Talon/Xin/Irelia/Akali/LeBlanc/ any tankey assassin **** kicker extraordinaire will rape your face in, extra armor or no. He does not need further drawbacks to playing him. This is why Riot does the champion designs and not you. Have a nice day.

Corpse Princess

10-27-2011

Quote:
Still a bit too strong in lane. Rake damage too high/cost too low/CD too low. Changing one of those will put him in a good place.
Wish you responded about Miss Fortune, Morello. This thread has almost 500 upvotes.

na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1380304