Xerath: Sloppiest and Most Nonsensical Design Yet

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

bump

Wild Panic

10-27-2011

I agree ~ but there are ppl that go "learn the in and outs of Xerath" blah blah basically L2P. Yeah ok, I wonder why no one plays him.

ipodjockey

10-27-2011

I sincerely doubt you are a girl.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Panic View Post
I agree ~ but there are ppl that go "learn the in and outs of Xerath" blah blah basically L2P. Yeah ok, I wonder why no one plays him.
this is not how viable xerath is, its just that his design was lazy as he is really similar to a lot of other champions out there instead of bringing something new to the table.

High Rune

10-27-2011

Xerath is a weird way to spell Skarner

Wild Panic

10-27-2011

Xerath's artistic design is superb however. Just that his kit is really boring - I'll have more fun with Ryze honestly.

If Ryze looked like xerath....oooh that'll be excellent hehe...

Morello

Lead Designer

10-27-2011
1 of 5 Riot Posts

While this is a little "doomsday" in the problems you speak about, I think there's a few takeaways we're looking to change:

* Passive: Xerath doesn't actually need this passive, and instead should focus on one that emphasizes ranged play. We'll be making this change in the next couple patches.

* Seige Mode: Should not lock you down - that's an unusable character in LoL. Using it to pulse one long-range spell or to set up for a longer barrage is fine. It gives it multiple ways to use it, which I'm fine with.

* Stun: If we do remove the passive, he'll never survive a real teamfight without this. Mages need CC and/or mobility to function. If we remove the free tankiness, this will apply even more.

I appreciate the feedback (always!), but I'm generally happy with Xerath's design other than his passive, which we're going to change. I think the difference between "man, I wish this were better" and "THIS IS THE WORST WTFFFF" is pretty wide

Morello

Lead Designer

10-27-2011
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Panic View Post
He's actually played a decent amount o.O

No one played Brand on release either, who is easier to understand the high-end potential of than Xerath. Initial reports that something is "balanced" usually means it's OP.

Formally

10-27-2011

Posting under Morello <3

-Air high-five -

Qualm

10-27-2011

Is changing the passive really necessary?

I mean, it sort of makes sense as it helps him survive the melee dps diving him in team fights while he attempts to use long-ranged spells on the enemy carries.

If you're going to change it then please make sure it's not a buff :x