[Guide] Kassadin, The Guardian Of The Rift (AP DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Awesome

09-22-2009

I would recommend taking just one point of W early on--it can really help manage your mana quite effectively, just bopping mage or siege minions every once in a while. Even a single hit against an enemy champion can give several seconds worth of regen--possibly enough for that last spell to kill a fleeing target. The first rank yields the highest bonus, after all.

WalterKovacs

09-22-2009

Have you tried Trinity Force(?) on him? It works really well.

Sinterklaas

09-22-2009

I'd recommend getting Rylai's asap, its so damn bloody good

Nitboy

09-23-2009

Philosophers stone,
sheen
boots 1

is a good start no matter what build you go imo.

SmecssRaege

09-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Awesome View Post
I would recommend taking just one point of W early on--it can really help manage your mana quite effectively, just bopping mage or siege minions every once in a while. Even a single hit against an enemy champion can give several seconds worth of regen--possibly enough for that last spell to kill a fleeing target. The first rank yields the highest bonus, after all.
Yes i have tried this, but the thing is i rarely run out of mana as is, i guess i could work it in and drop a level of null sphere early on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Kovacs
Have you tried Trinity Force(?) on him? It works really well.
Haven't tried it yet, as i play a full AP build it wouldnt do me much, but i might try it out for a caster-hybrid build someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinterklaas
I'd recommend getting Rylai's asap, its so damn bloody good
It is in there on the alternate item list

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitboy
Philosophers stone,
sheen
boots 1

is a good start no matter what build you go imo.
Could work, never been a fan of early sheen even though i know how good it is >.>

Nitboy

09-23-2009

My modified my preferred build to include a tear early like you suggest Smecs.
I do prefer starting with a regrowth pendant instead of saphire + hp pots.
then tear, and philo, and on to sheen.

i just find that you can be a solid melee moneymaker/harraser without regrowth/philo.

I guess ill try and follow your build to the point, later today and see what gives.

As for kassadin in general: ive tried lots of builds on him now, and last night i tried something very different.
(i have FULL defense spec and cleanse + heal) (crit chance /dodge / cooldown runes)
Mass hp/utility build in this order:
philo,
boots
rylais
boots -> sorc boots
frozen mallet
soul armor (the +600 armor, mana regen, - cooldown.
rod of ages
sell philo -> banshees veil
(4800 hp at this point, game went on and i didnt have enough armor for their dps, so after i got 1k gold)
sell soul armor -> frozen heart
(4,3 k hp)
victory: 54 - 48
my score was 27-6-22

While i got this score because of my tanking i really missed the power of sheen.

pretty

09-24-2009

i love playing as carry glass cannon kassa. i always pump my force pulse and riftwalk, once in awhile throw on into my null sphere, using it mostly for that quick second of silence/slow to set up kills for team mates until later in game. i just recently started using the W skill, and i actually noticed it does help when you start ganking, after prev posting that it was so minute it was useless - early game not so much, later its decent-
'R' into range 'Q' silence/slow 'E' do dmg then melee attack until 'R' to catch up to ur target if they have still been tryin to run or away from the fight (depending how its going :P) i always bring ghost/tele, ghost can help out if you get in a pinch, or need to get somewhere quick when tele is on cooldown.

i always get regen + sorc boots first.
then work on other mana/life + ap/ms items
lich bane
frozen heart
sheen
Mejai's Soulstealer
zhonya
and ryloi's

i do ok with this build, still workin on it. i read every kassa guide and nothing seems to stick when i actually get into a game with him. i usually end up being more support then nuke (ofc)
last night my scores were something like 5/7/12 and 6/4/14

Roland

09-25-2009

Well, your pure AP build has worked so well for me, so I was wondering if you'd know a good caster-hybrid item set-up, since I'd like to shake things up a bit.

My name is Mark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2009

I was trynig to figure out kassi for a while. I just want to say, your item build is SOLID gold. makes him into a true dps BEAST

SmecssRaege

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by My name is Mark View Post
I was trynig to figure out kassi for a while. I just want to say, your item build is SOLID gold. makes him into a true dps BEAST
thank you for the comments, glad you enjoy the build :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland
Well, your pure AP build has worked so well for me, so I was wondering if you'd know a good caster-hybrid item set-up, since I'd like to shake things up a bit.
I honestly dont know any sort of hybrid set, i only play him as pure AP.

If i had to point out a caster - melee hybrid...

Berserkers boots
Mejai's Soulstealer
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Rylai's Scepter
Wit's End (Or Trinity Force)
Black Cleaver

maybe something like that? =/
that gives you some HP, a good stock of AP, some utilitys/nice damage potential with both melee and spells and good aspd to make use of nether blade/wit's end/cleaver effects

i dont really think caster melee hybrids very well in this game