League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gemini

07-23-2009

I can't get out of my dota mode. I start the game with a pair of boots and a pot or so, and then call it that from that point on till i get back to shop. But thanks Pen.

Xarek

07-23-2009

The one time i started a LoL game with the health pendant (Tryn) instead of boots + pots, it was cool because my health regen was great... but i was SO SLOW. Champions seem to move even slower than heroes did, I just can't bring myself to get anything other than boots first pick.

IS1b2fae32403405

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
The one time i started a LoL game with the health pendant (Tryn) instead of boots + pots, it was cool because my health regen was great... but i was SO SLOW. Champions seem to move even slower than heroes did, I just can't bring myself to get anything other than boots first pick.
You have the spinning slash. Boots arent really top prio then, methinks.

Ragain

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morto View Post
You have the spinning slash. Boots arent really top prio then, methinks.
I agrea, IMO it boots wasnt priority in DotA and its by far not in LoL.

muusbolla

07-23-2009

Boots first was the biggest sign of a noob in DotA, and still is. I hate to be mean, but it's really true.

Boots are second priority for me, once the ganking phase of the game begins, but there is absolutely no reason to pick them over regen for early-game laning.

edit: Juggernaut was my one exception to this rule, for first-blood.

micha

Adjudicator

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusbolla View Post
Boots first was the biggest sign of a noob in DotA, and still is. I hate to be mean, but it's really true.

Boots are second priority for me, once the ganking phase of the game begins, but there is absolutely no reason to pick them over regen for early-game laning.

edit: Juggernaut was my one exception to this rule, for first-blood.
Pudge is also really nice with boots first :P

Immortal

07-23-2009

Dont agree with pudge getting boots first. Rot slow is strong enough to keep just about any hero in your aoe. (I may be a noob in LoL, but trust me I played pudge enough ;P)

Teirdome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
Every champion has a passive ability that you always have, even if you
didn't level it up. You can view its details by pressing 'C'.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but you can level up the passive ability? I must have missed that option in the gui, where is it?

redit

Adjudicator

07-23-2009

It is a unique passive each champion has, like Annie's Pyromania. It cannot be leveled but it either scales automatically (like Annie's Pyromania) or levels automatically (like the old Soraka's passive did).

lapalm

07-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teirdome View Post
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but you can level up the passive ability? I must have missed that option in the gui, where is it?
No you can't level up your passive. It stays the same all game long or might scale as you level up.