Extensive Domion Tier list

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TokinPrez

10-25-2011

Thanks H0b0c0p you make a lot of sense and I will possibly move him around, wish I saw him more often or played against or with you!

Karma Harmony

10-25-2011

I suggest you swap Jax & Kog'Maw:

• Jax is easy to counter. As Heimerdinger: Thornmail & Zonya's hourglass = Dead Jax. I would say my kill/die ratio .vs. Jax is about 70/30.
  • Kog'Maw is very hard to counter. I am much more scared of a Kog'Maw opponent than any of the Tier 1 champions you listed. I would say my kill die ration .vs. Kog'Maw is 30/70

Stimuz

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Harmony View Post
I suggest you swap Jax & Kog'Maw:
  • Jax is easy to counter. As Heimerdinger: Thornmail & Zonya's hourglass = Dead Jax. I would say my kill/die ratio .vs. Jax is about 70/30.
  • Kog'Maw is very hard to counter. I am much more scared of a Kog'Maw opponent than any of the Tier 1 champions you listed. I would say my kill die ration .vs. Kog'Maw is 30/70
Agree, kog is too pro at right clicking. Depending how he builds he can pretty much blast through anyone including 200+ MR/AR tanks in a few seconds.

TokinPrez

10-25-2011

Oh I agree about Koggie, I love the lil guy and my girlfriend mains him, just nasty what he can dish out damage wise.

If I were to break the tiers down into order of power within each tier, Kog would be up towards the top of Tier 2, I dunno though if he warrants tier 1...

I will be making some adjustments over the next few and days and am trying some champs in play I am a bit iffy about, having friends try some stuff for me and paying more attention to those same champs as well when facing them.

As for tier break downs, that may come but later, I feel I need another large sample of games before I could go that in depth with what I feel reliability for the list.

Thank you all for the comments, I worked hard on this so appreciate it. I know a Tier list is subjective and as I stated they should be as such and should not be a sole factor in who you play or whatever because really any champ can work depending on your master of them.

I do hope though it is a good read, gives players some perspective and insights into a general idea as to how champs perform on Dominion. I really wanted more then just a list of champs with no info as to why ya know.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

about annie I feel if you are competent with your tibbers control she is much stronger than you would expect her to be

the flip side of this is if you bungle your tibbers and die right away you are much weaker for the next minute and have to rely on rylais/stun kiting without the big numbers you die now.

but still she melts people better than any caster I've seen except maybe ryze because her primary weakness(low range) doesn't matter on dominion. molten armor is pretty strong too.

Elealar

10-26-2011

I'm really surprised you have so many of the bot laners so low. Cassiopeia, Brand, Soraka, Anivia, Cho'Gath, for some reason you rate Malzahar, Karthus, Yorick and Heimer over all of them; you also have none in Tier 1 which I find peculiar; are you saying there's no best pick for bottom? In my experience, it's very hard for any of the bots to lane against a Cassiopeia, for instance.

As for "Why Soraka?" Well, because she has a massive Magic Resistance Reduction on her Q; allows her to deal stupid amounts of damage in longer engagements with no AP (which in turn allows her to build tanky to fight the longer engagements). Her Q is also one of the best pushing skills in the game, costing very little and doing pretty good damage over time.

I understand this list caters to the popular sentiments of the forums but does that truly make it accurate?

Stimuz

10-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
about annie I feel if you are competent with your tibbers control she is much stronger than you would expect her to be

the flip side of this is if you bungle your tibbers and die right away you are much weaker for the next minute and have to rely on rylais/stun kiting without the big numbers you die now.

but still she melts people better than any caster I've seen except maybe ryze because her primary weakness(low range) doesn't matter on dominion. molten armor is pretty strong too.
better than leblanc?

Stez007

10-26-2011

Honestly, you've never seen a good Sivir. Her early game damage is ridiculous, she dominates bot lane against nearly every other bot lane champion and late-game she becomes a hyper-carry. She has a 15 second AoE movespeed buff that also affects minions, and can block one spell every 10 seconds.

She's beastly on CS.

KimKelley

10-26-2011

Not a bad list. I appreciate that you explain your thinking behind their positions rather than just list and be done. That's gonna make this a list I revist.

Quibbles:

Maokai is either on par or better than Heimer and Yorick as a defender/pusher. He's certainly less susceptible to being dove than either and has better sustain as a top defender than heimer and probably yorick. I don't own Maokai so this is an independent opinion, not just someone annoyed that you undervalued their favorite champ.

Corki. I own. You can safely put him in 5. I love his bombs but speed issues and low range otherwise make him gimpy. If they hadn't nerfed his phospherous grenades I'd have him higher.

Karma: From my experience with other people playing kama, she's not horrible. 4 maybe 3.

Twitch. Full discosure, I own and like this guy. That said theres still no way he should be considered lower than Caitlyn or evelyn. His stealth provides free map scouting in a game without vision wards. He provides an absurd amount of damage. If he is "immediately blown up" that is not the fault of the character. That is the fault of the player who engaged too soon.

I agree with your assessment of many people who play stealth characters as solely ninja cappers. They do not provide enough to the team. However when played correctly a stealth character's job is to make the enemy think that they have an advantage when they do not. An eve or a twitch or a shaco should be roaming to reinforce turrets that are about to be hit or to punish solo pushers like the bottom lane. This also brings me to a major problem in many of your descriptions. Your tier list is based somewhat on how you dislike how people play certain characters rather than the merit of the characters themselves. I think most people play Shaco as if they were high on crack. That doesn't mean he isn't a god of Dominion when played correctly.

Another thing to keep in mind are certain alternative builds which are more viable in Dominion. An example is AD brand or AP tryn (god yes I know it sounds dumb but jumping jesus I've seen teams hopeless slaughtered by one). I do not play these characters but if you every go up against one played accurately you'll see what I mean.

KimKelley

10-26-2011

Also kudos for recognizing Malphite's purpose in life. Most people just put him at 5 without paying attention the fact that Dominion is a n overly heavy AD game a lot of the time.

123456 ... 7