Runelock: The Zaunite Engine (or a ranged tank)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enicidemi

10-15-2011

There is one big problem. Ranged tank with a taunt is too OP. Taunt into tower range, if it isnt a skillshot, is almost guarantee tower kill on a melee hero. Being able to take out any hero in a teamfight instantly is huge, since most disables need to be set up. Make it a skillshot, and it could help. (
5 attacks is way too much. Rarely will you get that many attacks off. Make it every 3 like vayne, but with a shorter silence.
Overall, a cool idea, but i dont feel like a ranged tank will ever be viable. Too hard to balance, too hard to make it not just another support class. Although you took an excellent shot at it.

Daedrick4

10-15-2011

I would totally buy that char, but imo, he should scale with AP. Also, if they made him, I wish he was big enough to block some paths in the jungle.

Ire Researcher

10-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerknut2020 View Post
1 problem with this is that its un-counterable in every sense of the banana tree root water filtration system workplace envirnment staff meeting
Well, it's from Zaun. To hell with the environment!

Unless you are talking gameplay-wise... in which case, I'm pretty sure I could kill this champion as easily as I kill Cho'gath with Trist. (easily with tactics.)

That, or build AP and watch him fail to your magic damage. Madred's Bloodrazor will bite through the shield, and assassins should be able to eat him alive. Since the shield he has only protects his allies, I'd suggest nuking him down. Also, CC should be good against him too. Since his passive makes him roll up to you to do more damage, you can use that to punish him.

Thanks to him being CD and AD, don't expect mana-items on this guy, or sheen. He's not going to hit that hard at his farthest range anyhow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enicidemi View Post
There is one big problem. Ranged tank with a taunt is too OP. Taunt into tower range, if it isnt a skillshot, is almost guarantee tower kill on a melee hero. Being able to take out any hero in a teamfight instantly is huge, since most disables need to be set up. Make it a skillshot, and it could help. (
5 attacks is way too much. Rarely will you get that many attacks off. Make it every 3 like vayne, but with a shorter silence.
Overall, a cool idea, but i dont feel like a ranged tank will ever be viable. Too hard to balance, too hard to make it not just another support class. Although you took an excellent shot at it.
The taunt IS a skillshot, so nothing really changed there...

so less shock counters to trigger silence? alright.

Well, it is on an editable forum. If there is a way to make this work, then I will strive to do so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedrick4 View Post
I would totally buy that char, but imo, he should scale with AP. Also, if they made him, I wish he was big enough to block some paths in the jungle.
All the tanks so far use AP and mana/energy... I'd like to avoid that... And he'd be pretty big. Besides, there aren't many AP items that don't build into stuff with mana...

Tetrasol

10-23-2011

Nice idea, I like the idea of a sentient war engine, and it would be nice to drive a tank around Hooah!

Ire Researcher

10-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrasol View Post
Nice idea, I like the idea of a sentient war engine, and it would be nice to drive a tank around Hooah!
Glad you think so! It'd be fun to have a tank literally be a tank.

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

runes ought to be CDR... what else?

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

passive and Q are fine the W: reduces damage by 25% for nearby allies, way OP

The E is a kool idea and sounds balanced because the enemy can just kill it.

The R is eh, its balanced but its not unique really.

The most unique thing is that he is a ranged tank, and it seems everyone is making those now? but yours does something for being ranged. I just have a ranged tank just for the purpose of having a ranged tank. Very nice passive.

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Fuddgee View Post
passive and Q are fine the W: reduces damage by 25% for nearby allies, way OP

The E is a kool idea and sounds balanced because the enemy can just kill it.

The R is eh, its balanced but its not unique really.

The most unique thing is that he is a ranged tank, and it seems everyone is making those now? but yours does something for being ranged. I just have a ranged tank just for the purpose of having a ranged tank. Very nice passive.
I can lower it to 20%, if that makes it more balanced.

As for R... Yeah, it really does need something rather unique... since right now it's just a great big version of Singed glue... I'm wondering if it'd be overpowered to have it not only slow, but sap health to heal nearby allies.

I've seen quite a few ranged tanks, but it's more 'tanks that happen to have range' rather than working around the ranged aspect, since tanks need to be up in front.

Thank you.

Bigg Fuddgee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

W 20% would be better, or decrease the time a lot

R: y not take slow away and take the sap, spread it evenly between allies. give some other ability slow.

I would appreciate if you look at my champs as well =D

Ire Researcher

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigg Fuddgee View Post
W 20% would be better, or decrease the time a lot

R: y not take slow away and take the sap, spread it evenly between allies. give some other ability slow.

I would appreciate if you look at my champs as well =D
I nerfed the shield a bit. (I want people to spam the shield in combat, actually, so that runelock gets priority targeting.)

For R I decided that it'd boost Health regen for allies and speed in the affected area, while keeping the slow, as there's yet to have an ability that does that...

if that fails to be a decent ult, I'll opt for health transfusions...

I'll look yours over.