Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuliev

10-25-2011

It's fun, but it requires three times the coordination of SR to play properly. Good luck getting that to happen outside of a 5-man premade.

Eyeburn

10-25-2011

SR players are too slow to keep up with Dominion.

- No 15 minute farm phase where you attempt to get more fed than all enemies and steamroll

- No such thing as feeding or being underfarmed

- All fights and teamfights are ridiculously even from a gold earned PoV

Dominion is true PvP that requires players to consistently outplay their opponents as opposed to snowballing and steamrolling.

Real Life Shaco

10-25-2011

In my opinion Dominion is great to test out new champs but is a one trick pony. I can only play it a few times before it gets old

SmokingJoeNL

10-25-2011

Because it is dumb. It is cap tag. If I liked that I wouldn't have quit dow 2 for thinking the makers ruined the franchise. Now look lol has the same dumb game mode that I hate playing. Wow. Lolz.

LastTestament

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Quick deaths are encouraged? What?

Why should a kill feel earned? Killing the nexus should feel earned...and that is the point in both SR and Dominion. And, with your logic, if there is any champ deemed OP in the slightest...you better not use him. Or item for that matter.

I've had plenty of "epic" kills in Dominion. The matches are closer 85-90% of the time unlike SR...where apparently the game can be decided at champion select more than 50% of the time. Yeah, fun all around.

Why wasn't LoL built around a Dominion game type? Because you enjoy 20 minutes of hardcore, heart-pumping, hand trembling....farm? Where if your carry gets fed early it's basically GG?

SR is still fun, but saying LoL wasn't built for Dominion is just stupid.

Ah you like to cite me for stereotyping your argument then you do it yourself.

You say SR is nothing but 20 mins of farm, I say Dominion is a weak version of the laning phrase and I add a ad hominen by saying you just like it cause you can lose faster.

Oh wait...that's horrid logic.

Lets try again. Saying Lol wasn't built for a map like rift is stupid because that is the core gameplay. While domination in COD is just a simple extension of team death match where quick kills/deaths are encouraged. also you don't have the same map awareness.

You could easily try to solo B and run into a 4 man ambush.
In dom you pretty much know what to expect and you can miniaturization to win.

If you honestly saying that Lol has the same type of underlining gameplay motions as a fps does then I'm afraid your logic is more faulty then mine.

Like i said you like it, most don't but stay sane and clean up the frothing you got going on

Bma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

All I want in dominion right now is a ranked mode to be honest.

I still don't rly like how strong Poppy/Rammus and a few others are, but my primary concern still lies with a ranked mode.

Memorylame

10-25-2011

Dominion makes me feel like I'm inside a pinball machine.....I hate bouncing around everywhere...

Cyndikate

10-25-2011

Because people who play SR like to patronize other players and generalize them as low ELO scrubs, because Dominion rewards aggressive play, feeding is a less of a concern, and last hitting is not a requirement.

The people who prefer dominion don't like the idea of sitting in a game for 30 minutes doing nothing but last hit. They don't like the idea that the game is nothing more than wins and losses being determined by who got fed.

LastTestament

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndikate View Post
Because people who play SR like to patronize other players and generalize them as low ELO scrubs, because Dominion rewards aggressive play, feeding is a less of a concern, and last hitting is not a requirement.

The people who prefer dominion don't like the idea of sitting in a game for 30 minutes doing nothing but last hit. They don't like the idea that the game is nothing more than wins and losses being determined by who got fed.
I really wonder how those dominion people found out about Lol since you hate the core gameplay of a moba so much.

LEVEL 5 DAGON

10-25-2011

It's the same reason I choose to play on standard TF2 servers instead of instant respawn 32 player 2fort servers.

Instant respawn 32 player 2fort servers are easy to find and hella popular, but to me it's just mindless drivel, and isn't the game I signed up to play.