Dominion: Why do many SR players not like it?

12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nephrael

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroon McKraken View Post
It's just WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY.
Ever played any battlefield game? WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY

How about domination in COD? WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY

How about any other capture and hold style game? WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY

Do you hate all of these? if so, then I'll give you your argument, if not, then thats not a valid reason for hating dominion.

Dragonxa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

skill level needed for SR - close to 0
skill level needed for Dominion - literally 0

^
its not even fun to play dominion

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastTestament View Post
Balance issues.
it's not the gameplay we came for.
etc etc,

Basically if i wanted to play domination i'd play it on cod
I hate this "logic".

1. SR has balance issues.
2. Was CoD developed around domination? The gameplay any FPS is originally based on is team deathmatch. Capture the flag, domination, FFA, etc...all came later.

IamGrimm

10-25-2011

I like it if I only have 20 minutes to spare. Sure.
It can also get pretty tense quite often.

However, it's imbalanced.
People play for rankings rather than winning.
Winning doesn't feel quite as rewarding.
It's more based on capping flags than PvP.

ActionButlerGO

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroon McKraken View Post
It's mindless drivel, you're literally doing next to nothing engaging. It's just WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY.
No offense, but that's exactly the answer I was hoping to avoid.

I guess, what I'd like to hear from veteran SR players are specific examples of how Dominion lacks depth compared to SR.

Thanks for the responses!

VhakulaKhaulepi

10-25-2011

Yeah, it's AB to some degree, and you can see some of the same strategical fallacies. I still play it the most, because it's likely going to be short enough for me to finish if a baby wakes from a nap. If they hadn't included that comeback spawning, I'd play it even harder, methinks. If I didn't have babies, I'd play SR or TT just about every time; Dominion seems shallow, and I grow weary of the turrets that turn to mush when touched by any champ for any period of time. I want my turrets to BURN the enemy.

McMaster

10-25-2011

There's no strategy. You just DO things. It also feels like I'm playing the same game over and over whereas on SR each game varies a lot from one another (despite what you may think and what others may say).

I prefer SR because it requires a certain level of strategic awareness and planning.

Generic Furry

10-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephrael View Post
Ever played any battlefield game? WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY

How about domination in COD? WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY

How about any other capture and hold style game? WEEEE OH I KILLED YOU WOOOO NOW WE GET THE POINT YAAAAY

Do you hate all of these? if so, then I'll give you your argument, if not, then thats not a valid reason for hating dominion.
There's actually a key difference, small scale skirmishes in LoL are much, much less about skill and more about things like...who has their exhaust up. This is strategic on SR where avoiding confrontation to secure these advantages is an option, but on Dominion you have to fight...all the time.

Sonovius

10-25-2011

I enjoy it a lot but unfortuntely it is getting whittled down to a few champs like TT.

Duelpower

10-25-2011

I'll be honest with you man.

After working so hard to learn how to farm (and still learning every day) and function in a lane, I don't like playing a mode that disregards all of that completely.

12345612 ... 22