Game client hanging

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

10-02-2009

Launcher hanging whilst retrieving version infomation, tried a reinstall, currently using an up to date version of Vista

HighFive

10-02-2009

Thanks for the post Evilpigeon! We'll look into this. You might want to make sure that Internet Explorer is on online mode and not offline mode. We've been getting reports of people not patching because Internet Explorer switched to offline mode for them. If you continue having trouble, you might want to check out the Help and Support forum.

LGD Oxzy

10-02-2009

Me and 2 other friends have the same problem. Currently reading the forum to see if there's a solution.

EDIT: We're all on laptops of different sizes. I was fine until I logged out and attempting to restart the game. One friend got kicked out his game and was the first to have this problem. He has tried to re-install.

All of us a re fully patched and have updated vista versions. Happened today, a few hours ago...

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

10-02-2009

just going to come back and say that I've checked internet explorer and the other browers I have (for good measure) and none are in offline mode. Was working fine last night after patching but not today

Stalkeer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilpigeon View Post
just going to come back and say that I've checked internet explorer and the other browers I have (for good measure) and none are in offline mode. Was working fine last night after patching but not today
Did you download the newest patch or is it this patch that "freeze" the patching window?
Start it up and wait until it freeze, wait 5 minutes and see if it's still frozen.

My brother had the same issue when he was going to download the new patch.
He just waited and after a while it "close" the patching window and after some seconds it poped up again and patched normaly.

kopflos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-02-2009

i was playing 2 hours ago, and now i have the same problem. Client hangs on retrieving version information and after waiting a bit, it says launcher needs to restart. i checked my firewall and it seems theres no packets being sent back from the server . since it shows the game server as online , i guess patch server is having some problems.

Evilpigeon

Adjudicator

10-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalkeer View Post
Did you download the newest patch or is it this patch that "freeze" the patching window?
Start it up and wait until it freeze, wait 5 minutes and see if it's still frozen.

My brother had the same issue when he was going to download the new patch.
He just waited and after a while it "close" the patching window and after some seconds it poped up again and patched normaly.
After patching

Tabibito

10-02-2009

Same problem here!

khindjal

10-02-2009

my brother seems to have the same problem. amazingly, the issue appeared on 2 of his PCs at the same time!

HighFive

10-02-2009

Hey all,

We think we might have found what the source of the problem is. We'll be releasing a fix for this so you guys will be up and running soon! Sorry about the inconvenience. Keep us posted if you continue getting problems.