Lets make another list: Champion's (probable) ages!

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

Senior Member

10-21-2011

There's one main question I'd raise to challenge the validity of this list. That would be how long the league of legends has been around according to lore. The claim I've heard most commonly would be two decades, but I havn't actually been able to find any evidence from the lore as to the rough / approximate date of the league's creation.

I raise the issue because it's stated in some of the champion lore that they went to the league after the league was founded because they couldn't do their former occupation anymore, post reaching adulthood, when the same champion's art reflects a 20-30ish age area. That would hint to me that some of the champions, (assuming the 2 decades claim on the league's time being around to be true) are a bit older than their ages would physically indicate and that aging is slower on Runeterra via the uses of magic.

Can anyone answer that?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazoo The Kid

Senior Member

10-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
There's one main question I'd raise to challenge the validity of this list. That would be how long the league of legends has been around according to lore. The claim I've heard most commonly would be two decades, but I havn't actually been able to find any evidence from the lore as to the rough / approximate date of the league's creation.

I raise the issue because it's stated in some of the champion lore that they went to the league after the league was founded because they couldn't do their former occupation anymore, post reaching adulthood, when the same champion's art reflects a 20-30ish age area. That would hint to me that some of the champions, (assuming the 2 decades claim on the league's time being around to be true) are a bit older than their ages would physically indicate and that aging is slower on Runeterra via the uses of magic.

Can anyone answer that?
I don't think runeterra effects age. I just think everyone in the league is just ****ing crazy and unique.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BaronFingerCrush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2011

I think that Katarina's and Miss Fortune's age should be rather 20-25 instead of 25-30. They seem to be in their early twenties. Gankplank can't be much more older than Miss Fortune(read her judgement). Sivir and Tristana are slightly "overaged" also.

Twitch is a mutated rat, so who knows how long he might live, perhaps he is even older than humans.

I find it quite doubful that Jax is older than 30 years. Unless, the mighty turtle ninjas have totally different aging system.

As far I know, Xin is around 50.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by belthazor3457 View Post
There's one main question I'd raise to challenge the validity of this list. That would be how long the league of legends has been around according to lore. The claim I've heard most commonly would be two decades, but I havn't actually been able to find any evidence from the lore as to the rough / approximate date of the league's creation.

I raise the issue because it's stated in some of the champion lore that they went to the league after the league was founded because they couldn't do their former occupation anymore, post reaching adulthood, when the same champion's art reflects a 20-30ish age area. That would hint to me that some of the champions, (assuming the 2 decades claim on the league's time being around to be true) are a bit older than their ages would physically indicate and that aging is slower on Runeterra via the uses of magic.

Can anyone answer that?
Im pretty sure (although i cant remember WHERE i read it) that the league was formed 20 years ago (now given the time that has passed since the game appeared it should be 21 and thats why on the top of each JoJ you see something like "Volume 1, Issue XX - Date - 21 CLE). At least that is what i think of those numbers.

In the other hand you really raise a good point. Probably all the champions who joined the League when it was first formed should be 20 years older but in the other hand we can only see those champs while they are on the Fields Of Justice. May be outside they are and look older but when summoned they look just the same way they looked when they got into the League? Anyways thats just out of my real topic u.u
The idea is just to give us probable current ages so maybe when they where accepted they looked much younger and what we see on the game (and that is what we are basing ourselves on) is how they look today... Whoknows xD
I will create another note about this on the beggining anyways, ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronFingerCrush View Post
I think that Katarina's and Miss Fortune's age should be rather 20-25 instead of 25-30. They seem to be in their early twenties. Gankplank can't be much more older than Miss Fortune(read her judgement). Sivir and Tristana are slightly "overaged" also.
Yes, you are right... its just that when i did the list i had to think posible ages for 85 champions and i probably hurried and missed on many of them.
Ill change MF and Kat's ageto what you suggest
About GP, point taken ill correct his age too although he still seems a little bit older than MF (ill set him at 25-30)
Sivir always looked like a more mature woman to me but as she never really showed up on the recent Lore i cant really tell.
And Trist... yordles are really confusing but ill see what i can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronFingerCrush View Post
Twitch is a mutated rat, so who knows how long he might live, perhaps he is even older than humans.
Good point, ill set a note explaining that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronFingerCrush View Post
I find it quite doubful that Jax is older than 30 years. Unless, the mighty turtle ninjas have totally different aging system.
Hmmm... Jac is misterious as hell... he can be as young as 20 or as old as 60 xD
Stupid mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronFingerCrush View Post
As far I know, Xin is around 50.
Really? Wow, he is one well-preserved man


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WexAndywn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-22-2011

Yorick is centuries old, as stated by his lore.
Also, he is not a ghost, he is an undead necromancer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tristan Trades

Senior Member

10-22-2011

Isn't Ashe an elf? If so she might be over 100 years old.

I guess Gankplank might me 40-50, he is a very old pirate captain who even makes and sells his own brand of rum. 25-30 is really to young.

And imo Corki is already a grandfather. He was already retired before he joined the League. So he should be atleast 65+.

Btw, Kayle is a SHE not a him :P

Kennen was 12-15 when he started his ninja training, but he has already masterd a style, so he has to be 25+ atleast.

Leona and Pantheon used to be childhood friends, so their age has to be almost the same.

Rumble can't be 15, atleast 20. He has to be an adult, I'm sure of that.

Ryze might look old, but he just has a lot of experience as a mage. Using lots of magic always makes you look older. I guess he's 40-50, but 60 might be a little bit to much.

Vladimir became a bloodmage apprentice when he was just a teenager, I guess he still in his prime. Being 50-60 he should be as old as his ex-master. So it might be possible that he is only 25-35.

Wukong was created as an "adult", so he might even be 2-3 years old, but looks much older.

Just my 2 cents


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

svolite

Member

10-22-2011

The Noxus war/occupation of Ionia was at least 14 years. 7 years of war, 7 years of occupation prior to the show match. You have Riven listed as 25-30. So she was a hardened soldier at 11?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheNarvalOfDeath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WexAndywn View Post
Yorick is centuries old, as stated by his lore.
Also, he is not a ghost, he is an undead necromancer.
Corrected 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Isn't Ashe an elf? If so she might be over 100 years old.
As far as i know she isnt an Elf, she is human u.u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
I guess Gankplank might me 40-50, he is a very old pirate captain who even makes and sells his own brand of rum. 25-30 is really to young.
But as someone already said he isnt much older than MF (as on her lore, she meets him and he is also a child just like her)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
And imo Corki is already a grandfather. He was already retired before he joined the League. So he should be atleast 65+.
Didnt know, corrected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Btw, Kayle is a SHE not a him :P
My mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Kennen was 12-15 when he started his ninja training, but he has already masterd a style, so he has to be 25+ atleast.
Corrected!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Leona and Pantheon used to be childhood friends, so their age has to be almost the same.
Didnt know, ty ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Rumble can't be 15, atleast 20. He has to be an adult, I'm sure of that.
Yep, your probably right... i missed those numbers probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Ryze might look old, but he just has a lot of experience as a mage. Using lots of magic always makes you look older. I guess he's 40-50, but 60 might be a little bit to much.
Yeah may be, its just that on half of his skins he has that loooong beard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Vladimir became a bloodmage apprentice when he was just a teenager, I guess he still in his prime. Being 50-60 he should be as old as his ex-master. So it might be possible that he is only 25-35.
Another thing i had no idea about. 30-35 it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Trades View Post
Wukong was created as an "adult", so he might even be 2-3 years old, but looks much older.
Emmmm... what? O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by svolite View Post
The Noxus war/occupation of Ionia was at least 14 years. 7 years of war, 7 years of occupation prior to the show match. You have Riven listed as 25-30. So she was a hardened soldier at 11?
I didnt even knew who Riven was :P
I couldnt remember her until you explained this to meeee


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

belthazor3457

Senior Member

10-22-2011

Quote:
Im pretty sure (although i cant remember WHERE i read it) that the league was formed 20 years ago (now given the time that has passed since the game appeared it should be 21 and thats why on the top of each JoJ you see something like "Volume 1, Issue XX - Date - 21 CLE). At least that is what i think of those numbers.

In the other hand you really raise a good point. Probably all the champions who joined the League when it was first formed should be 20 years older but in the other hand we can only see those champs while they are on the Fields Of Justice. May be outside they are and look older but when summoned they look just the same way they looked when they got into the League? Anyways thats just out of my real topic u.u
The idea is just to give us probable current ages so maybe when they where accepted they looked much younger and what we see on the game (and that is what we are basing ourselves on) is how they look today... Whoknows xD
I will create another note about this on the beggining anyways, ty
My theory is that, as the introduction of medicine in real life here on earth bumped the average lifespan from 30 years up to 70, magic practices on Runeterra extended the average lifespan dramatically on Runeterra also, possibly farther than our current medicine is. Keep in mind, age, in terms of how old people appear, is entirely relative to their health. Here on Earth, substract 100 years and the average lifespan is in the 40's-50's, and that's in "civilized" western society.

We do see the champions on the field of justice, but there's lots of artwork from the JOJ that depicts them as pretty much the same off the field as they are on it.

In addition to this, we have boram darkwill, famed for living for 300 years, but no one really made much of a fuss about it or wanting to obtain his secret to a long life. People go "oh. Kewl. he lived long. good for him."

That would tell me that people look at him the same way we look at people who live past 100 nowadays. No one's mobing him to unlock his secret, and if he were hoarding something big and important from everyone else, everyone would want to take him down, even all of his own subordinates.

This tells me that the average lifespan is longer on Runeterra. My theory is that some of the "20-30" champions are in their 50's, but 50-60 is the equivalent age of "on Earth" 20-30 due to their magical medicines. This would also fit into boram darkwill's lore.

Quote:
Isn't Ashe an elf? If so she might be over 100 years old.
No. Ashe is a normal human, but her character was inspired by Sylvanas Windrunner, a Warcraft character, whom was an elf.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frequently

Senior Member

10-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WexAndywn View Post
Yorick is centuries old, as stated by his lore.
Also, he is not a ghost, he is an undead necromancer.
He's not really a necromancer, at least not typically. He's...
He's... Uh...
Well he's looking for his body, so he wasn't just reanimated or anything... But he's not ethereal so he isn't just a ghost... He... Worked as a kind of "vertical" Charon during his time on the Shadow Isles, and woke up there, presumably in whatever state he's currently in for that express purpose (with his shovel for some reason)...
Uh...
Come to think of it, I don't know what he is...


123456 ... 7