@Morello: Time to man up

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-20-2011
11 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
Morello why do you ignore my thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1376156

You will likely not like the stealth changes! ;x

The problem is her effects on mid and low play. In most cases, we balance for competitive and high-level play, but this the kind of example of a character who is "people-quit-the-game-bad."

I love playing Eve too - I just think that fun comes at too much expense of other players unless both teams are pretty good.

VMan7

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

The problem is her effects on mid and low play. In most cases, we balance for competitive and high-level play, but this the kind of example of a character who is "people-quit-the-game-bad."

I love playing Eve too - I just think that fun comes at too much expense of other players unless both teams are pretty good.
But could you at least implement the hate spike change and the ult bug fix in the meantime :/

NAMELESSLlBERTY

10-20-2011

Quote:
Because that's your opinion on things - is it objective balance analysis? Is it the parroting of a popular opinion? Is it based mostly on the self-selected experiences between you and those you play with?

Yes, and that's fine - your job is to play the game, not analyze it deeply! Our job is to look at a much bigger picture and adjust as a whole. Is Akali overpowered, really? Xin was balanced? Irelia is weak now? Where are you getting these assumptions, and how do you plan to support them? The opportunity we really missed were needed Caitlyn nerfs to match the Kog'Maw ones, as long-range is the dominant bottom lane that's pushing other options out - and we're fixing that.

Rhetorical, but the example holds. Hyperbole destroys good, honest discourse.
I never said Akali was OP...I also never said Irelia is weak....Stop putting words in my mouth please....

I'm just saying there are lots of unnecessary nerfs are champions that are not problems. IMO instead of nerfing champs buff/rework the ones that actually need attention...Eve/Twitch/Mundo/etc? for example

Morello

Lead Designer

10-20-2011
12 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyj101 View Post
alrighty then! Lets have some good discusion.

My experiences with xin before the last batch of nerfs crossed from mid to low to beginner elo. I play with a variety of friends/smurfs. He was weak in mid, okay in low, and I didn't see him beginner. Only seemed to be a problem if feed otherwise didn't really do much other than control our roaming a little with his good 1v1 skills. Does this match your data? If not it could be my teams higher coordination due to us using voice chat.
Xin is kind of Trynd-like - not great at the high end, but obilterates the lower brackets where he gets punished less and can 1v1 more. I think Xin needs some improvements that make him less like this, but in the short term, he was running rampant in all but high elo bands.

Skaggs

10-20-2011

Why not create a similar item to gunblade without the use effect. The use takes up more "item points" and isnt a necessity. You did this with deathfiregrasp and morello's evil tome. why not do it with gunblade?

Morello

Lead Designer

10-20-2011
13 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05410n View Post
I never said Akali was OP...I also never said Irelia is weak....Stop putting words in my mouth please....

I'm just saying there are lots of unnecessary nerfs are champions that are not problems. IMO instead of nerfing champs buff/rework the ones that actually need attention...Eve/Twitch/Mundo/etc? for example
Because bringing down problematic champions will always be more important than buffing really weak ones. A champion being weak sucks, but doesn't disrupt the fidelity of play - champions that are too strong do.

ToastdYogurt

10-20-2011

Quote:

Hi morello, can you give any hint to when the stealth changes will be out?

Morello

Lead Designer

10-20-2011
14 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan7 View Post
But could you at least implement the hate spike change and the ult bug fix in the meantime :/
I have to look into the difficulty of the ult bug, and we've talked about Hate Spike - Guinsoo had some worries about that. I'll see how easy this is to do.

Bailiff

10-20-2011

Ive played League for two years. Used to love it and play it everyday. Since NMST began to run rampant i play less and less and stopped buying RP.

I hardly play more than once a week now and have moved on to other games in the wake of all my favorite champions being completely changed.

Either way it isnt my problem. Some other company can have my money.

Arcqe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

Quote:
Is Akali overpowered, really? Xin was balanced? Irelia is weak now? Where are you getting these assumptions, and how do you plan to support them
I feel like posting some (mostly) unbias thoughts about this :O

Akali- Not OP, but the amount of sustain from her passive and a gunblade in correlation with her reletively low cooldowns, high burst, and a stealth made her difficult to deal with within teamfights, and very difficult to bring down without specifically counterbuilding or counterpicking her.

Xin I have little experience with, but I suppose that the problem being adressed is that though vulnerable to kiting, once he charges to you there's very little you can do to stop his full combo from going off on you short of burning flash, which could be problematic in lower elo, where it's more likely that you're alone. It's not exactly OP, simply stressfull. That said though, there are other champions just like this such as talon, which explains the outcry for nerfing him as well.

Irelia is actually a bit like nasus, as they're both very vulnerable to harass early game, but if not shut down early game, it becomes quite difficult to stop during the late game, and like Nasus, she can be deadly with only a trinity force, and then build full tank.