Riot, Shaco ult changes that need to happen now

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeetN1ck

10-20-2011

bumps

LeetN1ck

10-20-2011

bump

Srey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

b

Morello

Lead Designer

10-20-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

The unfortunate thing about game development is that it's essentially an industry of juggling priorities. There's no rational human being who would claim the clone -should- work like it does, it just does because we have extremely limited pet technology currently. It's why we don't have an actual pet champion, and why Shaco's clone suffers from especially heinous usability issues. Hell, this hurt on on some LeBlanc ideas we had originally, too.

The fix for this is extremely difficult to prioritize compared to what other major bugs we can fix in that time - and those fixes that effect more players more often. Will we fix this? I'm sure. Will we prioritize it over everything else our live bug guys are working on? Probably not right now, due to the issue of time consumed vs. gains for LoL players.

This is a hard truth to hear, but we always want to do tons of things at a time, and have to choose the most important, or less important ones that can be done quickly. This sits in that "hard, and not as important" bucket currently. =/

nosmar

10-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
The unfortunate thing about game development is that it's essentially an industry of juggling priorities. There's no rational human being who would claim the clone -should- work like it does, it just does because we have extremely limited pet technology currently. It's why we don't have an actual pet champion, and why Shaco's clone suffers from especially heinous usability issues. Hell, this hurt on on some LeBlanc ideas we had originally, too.

The fix for this is extremely difficult to prioritize compared to what other major bugs we can fix in that time - and those fixes that effect more players more often. Will we fix this? I'm sure. Will we prioritize it over everything else our live bug guys are working on? Probably not right now, due to the issue of time consumed vs. gains for LoL players.

This is a hard truth to hear, but we always want to do tons of things at a time, and have to choose the most important, or less important ones that can be done quickly. This sits in that "hard, and not as important" bucket currently. =/
Sorry to interject in your thread, but I'd really like an answer to this.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...7#post16172297
Please?

Aol Hangover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2011

ee

Truckasaurus

10-20-2011

Fix his **** Deceive so you can't see it in fog of war. Kassadin got fixed so why can't Shaco?

IS186afbf367d955

10-21-2011

Since the numerous shaco buffs I already see shacos in almost half of my games. Since this is a very annoying champion I don't want Riot to buff him anymore so he can be in every games (because doing the changes you mention will be a buff).

Owlstar

10-21-2011

I'm happy as long as Riot acknowledged the issue and have it book marked for the future.

EddyEduardo

10-21-2011

bump