Item Shop

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

boourns

UI Designer

10-18-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for taking the time to put this together! Most of your suggestions are in line with what we've talked about internally if we were to redesign the shop. Putting the costs into the build tree is something I haven't thought of before, but seems really useful (especially the actual amount of gold you need to buy that item including the components you already own).

Can't promise anything, but the item shop is one of the prime candidates for a redesign. Obviously we've been busy working on some great new features like spectator and replays, but it's something everyone who works on the UI would like to improve.

Renno Garcia

10-18-2011

I can save my games? wonderful! is expected to be ready?

Phrostee

10-18-2011

how about a simple search box in the shop so you can just type war and have it filter items by name

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

10-19-2011

@ boourns:
Great to hear! Afterall my suggestions were inspired entirely from Xpload.
Indeed, I had the same thought myself, that the cost was dynamic to what items you have; I actually had it written in this thread, I believe, must've erased it without noticing it.

I can't wait for the spectator and replay mode, it just gets better and better for every stream I watch.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

10-25-2011

Yab!

Flim and Flam

10-31-2011

Another, simpler idea:

An ability to change the default recommended items in the store according to your champion, to whatever you want by changing the items in the client.

For example: Kog'maw's default recommended build is mainly AS and some AP. If you want to build him primarily AD/AS instead, go back to the client, open your personal tab, open your champion list, click on one that you own and drag and drop items into the 6 recommended items list.

Flim and Flam

10-31-2011

Another, simpler idea for the shop:

Being able to change the recommended items of a certain champion through the main client.

For example: Kog'maw's build is primarily AS/AD/Item on-hit effects. If you want to build him a bit more AP like, than you can go to the main client, click on your profile tab, click on your champion tab, click on a champion that you already own, and you will be given a list of their 6 recommended items. You can drag and drop items into these slots to turn the recommended items into your build when you play in game (For example, say I don't want to use the recommended malady so I switch it out with a wit's end). Now in the next game I play I can follow my build as I want instead of following MOST of the recommended items then navigating the menus for, say a frozen mallet.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

10-31-2011

@ MasonLN:
There's no such thing as one build, and changing the Recommended Items for every match in your profile would be very inconvenient.
Changing the recommended items was my very first idea, as I believe it was yours, but after thinking about it for a while, there was a lot of factors that I had missed out on.
First of, you have early items depending on what you want to rush, then you have your core items depending on what role you play and lastly, your situational items depending on what champions you play against and what items they are going for.
Getting all your items in 6 slots just isn't really possible; you can put basic items there, but you would need the right recipes in the Builds section.
So to make it simpler for everyone, you have specific categories with specific items for each champion, all being viable for whatever role you want to play with that champion etc.

DangerousFat

10-31-2011

I personally would also like to see the item database available from my summoner profile, it would be nice to have a place to view all the items while not in a match, from there, it would also be a great place to have custom "recommended item" build pages, just like runes and masteries or perhaps have one list per champion.

IS1f48700f529fbcca97996

10-31-2011

@ DangerousFat:
See my previous respond, to MasonLN.