So them EXP nerfs .......

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maikky

10-14-2011

Adding more things to extend the time period there Riot .....

I guess we were getting a kinda acceptable amount of IP so it was inevitable .

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikky View Post
Adding more things to extend the time period there Riot .....

I guess we were getting a kinda acceptable amount of IP so it was inevitable .
What is this I don't even...

Maikky

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
What is this I don't even...
Bah bah .

Fulgr1m

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2011

It does make one wonder where that whole idea of "shorter games" is going. But still the game isn't really focused around getting your character up as it is capturing points so what we may end up seeing is games that end with few lvl 18s? Unless a team actively tries to extend the length of the game of course. I wonder if Riot has any info on the increase in the length of games since the gold nerf?

Rafein

10-14-2011

Won't make the game take longer. Just make characters level slower. Nexus points are going to decay just as fast.

So rolling all lategame champs will find he game ends before lategame starts.

Maikky

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgr1m View Post
It does make one wonder where that whole idea of "shorter games" is going. But still the game isn't really focused around getting your character up as it is capturing points so what we may end up seeing is games that end with few lvl 18s? Unless a team actively tries to extend the length of the game of course. I wonder if Riot has any info on the increase in the length of games since the gold nerf?
He basically said he wanted to make the games longer IN THE VIDEO .

It also doesn't make sense "Everyone gets a EXP nerf but your still going to be the same levels at the same times, it just takes longer." is what it sounds like to me.

Its just showing Riot's attempts to once again slash our IP gain rates .

Maikky

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafein View Post
Won't make the game take longer. Just make characters level slower. Nexus points are going to decay just as fast.

So rolling all lategame champs will find he game ends before lategame starts.
No, it will .

Maybe if you actually thought about it instead of blindly jumping to defend Riot's actions, it might help .

Example lets say Akali, if Akali gets to levels faster = Does more DMG = more kills = more deaths = more time to cap towers .

Btw he also said EXACTLY "Make it Longer Games" in the video .

Bah bah moar .

Shini Laser

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikky View Post
No, it will .

Maybe if you actually thought about it instead of blindly jumping to defend Riot's actions, it might help .

Example lets say Akali, if Akali gets to levels faster = Does more DMG = more kills = more deaths = more time to cap towers .

Btw he also said EXACTLY "Make it Longer Games" in the video .

Bah bah moar .
The difference between Lv 17 and Lv 18 Akali is minimal. All this nerf does it make it so the hardest of the hard carries take a bit long before hitting their pinnacle.

You know what the biggest factor is in game length? Intelligence of the teams. If both teams are extremely intelligent, it isn't hard to hit a half hour long game. With this small passive nerf, if the average game length increased a minute or two, oh well.

BTW, mind pointing me to the exact second to when Phreak said, "Make it longer games", since last I checked, Phreak knew English and knows that phrase isn't proper.

Wykedone

10-15-2011

People need to learn to listen. He didnt say he wants the game to be longer. He basically is saying that it is being lowered so that the games will be closer if they are longer. Nothing was said that you cant still steam roll a game and end it in 10 minutes.

Brackhar

Features Designer

10-15-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

XP should have no effect on game time. It's not our intention to adjust the game time with this change. What we do want is to delay when players reach level 18 so that players are not spending roughly 25% of the game at level 18 in the average case - prolonged periods at 18 should come from prolonged games, similar to how it works on SR. Of course though if you guys don't end up liking the change of pace this is an easy change to step back on.