5000ft Launch Into the Air

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LudzSandwhich

06-14-2010

It's happened several times to me in game now where if I'm launched into the air by Cho'gath's Rupture or Malphite's Unstoppable Force my character will fly into the air with such force that they are literally off the screen for up to five to six seconds until they come flying back down. It has happened on both Twisted Treeline and Summoner's Rift and I was playing as Twitch on both games. This hasn't really caused to many problems for me (in fact the Malphite player died to my turret waiting for me to come down), other than a few good laughs on both sides, but I figured I would bring it to your attention.

Kynareth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-14-2010

This also happens with Alistar's Ground Pound, Janna's Howling Gale, and Blitz's Power Fist. A friend and I were rolling Janna/Cho this week and had "making people fly off the screen" down to an art... But I doubt that was working as intended.

lukkas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2010

Same. Two weeks ago saw it happen when Blitz punched a Twitch onto the moon. Twitch was almost dead and we lost the kill as a consequence. Heart = broken.

Beat Punchbeef

QA Analyst

06-14-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynareth View Post
This also happens with Alistar's Ground Pound, Janna's Howling Gale, and Blitz's Power Fist. A friend and I were rolling Janna/Cho this week and had "making people fly off the screen" down to an art... But I doubt that was working as intended.
Care to elaborate on "down to an art"?

Boshiwukins

06-14-2010

i found out that it doesnt just happen on chance usually, with one air launching move, but if 2 or 3 happen at the same time, like if blitz punched you right as chogaths rupture pounded you, you would go flying... it used to happen a lot but i think there was a patch a while back that caused it to "stop". or something, but i guess it still happens.

Tricolor

06-14-2010

its really easy to see that...
make poppy charge into jannas tornado....poppy will fly to the sky^^
if u add another skill in that...like alistar pulverize he ll fly even higher....

it was fixed a couple patches ago but looks like its back ;[

FerretInABox

06-14-2010

Quote:
i found out that it doesnt just happen on chance usually, with one air launching move, but if 2 or 3 happen at the same time, like if blitz punched you right as chogaths rupture pounded you, you would go flying...
It doesn't always take 2 attacks at the same time to launch them up, friend and I were playing a 1 v 1 match when we first found this out. He went up for about 4 or 5 seconds and came back down and was stunned for a bit (Don't know exactly how long, killed him prior to him running again).

I was running away when "Rupture" hit him.

EnfEnEt

06-14-2010

Just had an Ezreal next to the brush at the bottom tower go flying thanks to Janna. I don't believe he was near the wall.

e: By bottom tower I mean the bottom right one for blue.

DuelyDeciesive

Recruiter

06-14-2010

Ive found that the best way to trigger it is to flash while mid air from Rupture, Ground slam, or any other move that puts you in the air like that. it was fun to play with for a while but now im bored of it. but its nice way to buy time when waiting for backup since it makes you untselectable for a second or two. and you have full ability access while flying like that

Kynareth

Recruiter

06-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat Punchbeef View Post
Care to elaborate on "down to an art"?
We just got pretty good at placing Cho's rupture at a point that would overlap Janna's tornado, causing either a double-bounce in most cases or a rocket to the moon in some. Prior to the bug, we'd done similar things with Ali/Blitz just for Chain CC.