With an overwhelming response from the community. My Dominion site is now up.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TouchinMyself

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Keep in mind this is temporary. It will soon evolve into the kind of guides you see on Mobafire, etc.
I have to agree with him... It brings nothing new to the table, there is literally no reason at all to go to it.

Also considering its just a basic setup with PHPBB and a theme i think you are in way over your head with what you are claiming it will be. You cant even manage to get the banner working right.

Going into Cpanel and clicking install PHPBB forums is a far cry from something like mobafire which had to be coded from the ground up.

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
I have to agree with him... It brings nothing new to the table, there is literally no reason at all to go to it.

Also considering its just a basic setup with PHPBB and a theme i think you are in way over your head with what you are claiming it will be. You cant even manage to get the banner working right.

Going into Cpanel and clicking install PHPBB forums is a far cry from something like mobafire which had to be coded from the ground up.
Awesome. Be prepared to get proved wrong.

TallguyG

10-13-2011

huzzah for Dominatedominion

DG TheFeedski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallguyG View Post
huzzah for Dominatedominion
:P Thanks

Viktoree

10-14-2011

back to the top with you

Noctrelis

10-14-2011

This is complete rubbish. I went to the forum, not website and I was highly disappointed. I mean really, in your mind this passed as a good dominion based website? It's just registered url that has phpbb installed with a premade template. I mean seriously, let's look at the steps it took you to make this.

1.) Register URL
2.) Install phpBB
3.) Use Colorize on template.
4.) Mess around the CP for 30mins

Seriously 4 steps. My gosh, you really put a lot of work into it. *sarcasm*

Also, before I end this post I would like to address one more thing. "With an overwhelming response from the community". Let's just be clear you got maybe what 20-30 people who voiced their opinion supporting your idea. You didn't even get 1% of the communities support. That's not overwhelming, that's underwhelming. It's just down right sad. Website = wrong, overwhelming support = wrong.

Stop hyping it up, acting like it's amazing. It's a good idea, if someone else handled it. On your part, too much hype and a poor execution. I don't care if it's not finished yet, based on what you've shown so far, quality means nothing to you. So it's never going to go anywhere with you behind it.

Viktoree

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctrelis View Post
This is complete rubbish. I went to the forum, not website and I was highly disappointed. I mean really, in your mind this passed as a good dominion based website? It's just registered url that has phpbb installed with a premade template. I mean seriously, let's look at the steps it took you to make this.

1.) Register URL
2.) Install phpBB
3.) Use Colorize on template.
4.) Mess around the CP for 30mins

Seriously 4 steps. My gosh, you really put a lot of work into it. *sarcasm*

Also, before I end this post I would like to address one more thing. "With an overwhelming response from the community". Let's just be clear you got maybe what 20-30 people who voiced their opinion supporting your idea. You didn't even get 1% of the communities support. That's not overwhelming, that's underwhelming. It's just down right sad. Website = wrong, overwhelming support = wrong.

Stop hyping it up, acting like it's amazing. It's a good idea, if someone else handled it. On your part, too much hype and a poor execution. I don't care if it's not finished yet, based on what you've shown so far, quality means nothing to you. So it's never going to go anywhere with you behind it.
You madd bro? Why so harsh? God forbid the guys has some aspirations right? You come off as a total elitest arsehole, give the guy a chance to get things where he wants them before you jump down his throat.

DG TheFeedski

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktoree View Post
You madd bro? Why so harsh? God forbid the guys has some aspirations right? You come off as a total elitest arsehole, give the guy a chance to get things where he wants them before you jump down his throat.
Don't you know it's SO EASY to put a website together like i'm trying to do while also going to college? So easy man. This guy is totally right, it's not going ANYWHERE! Na, just kidding. Don't really care if some people don't like it, I know how it will come out in the end.

Viktoree

10-14-2011

bump

TouchinMyself

10-14-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFeedski View Post
Don't you know it's SO EASY to put a website together like i'm trying to do while also going to college? So easy man. This guy is totally right, it's not going ANYWHERE! Na, just kidding. Don't really care if some people don't like it, I know how it will come out in the end.
Its SO EASY to pay for a domain and click a few buttons to install PHPBB then theme it. Why did you even bother paying for hosting?

The site is a joke, bring something new to the table and maybe someone will care. As it is you're just wasting money on that hosting and showing everyone how much of an amateur you are in the process by promising a site and giving nothing but a **** forum. Its not even Vbul FFS.