Personal Score - A Detriment to Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EricTheBarbaric

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightPigeon View Post
changing the score system again is stupid

if you don't like how the score system is now just go back to your SR or TT coz right now dominion is great
Explain yourself. I think the OP would appreciate a discussion rather than you just calling people's opinions stupid. Plus, 99% of the LoL community will disagree with you.

GammaEspeon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightPigeon View Post
changing the score system again is stupid

if you don't like how the score system is now just go back to your SR or TT coz right now dominion is great
Hey, I love Dominion and the scoring system isn't going to drive me from it. I'm simply offering an idea to maybe make the system more rewarding to defensive players to at the very least close the gap between them and the offensive line so to speak. I've also said a few times now that removal of the system is probably the best course of action as it really offers nothing useful. Just show me capture point statistics (Caps, Neutralizes, and Defends) and maybe K/A (Not K/D or K/D/A).

EricTheBarbaric

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaEspeon View Post
Just show me capture point statistics (Caps, Neutralizes, and Defends) and maybe K/A (Not K/D or K/D/A).
Bingo. Although I do think K/D/A would be appropriate. I'd wanna know if my teammate died 40 times lol

Morello

Lead Designer

10-13-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
I'm not a big fan of a lot of these proposed changes to the score system.

Right now, the score system rewards running around the map, capturing points, and killing people. Essentially it rewards the elements in the game that make it fun. A lot of the proposed changes I read make it more rewarding to sit on a tower waiting for enemies to come. That is probably the least fun thing you can be doing in Dominion.

Instead of changing the score to make sitting on 3 towers and twiddling your thumbs more rewarding, Riot needs to make the reward for capturing more than 3 worth the risk so that the excitement doesn't slow down once you get 3.
I think it's more important to reward players for making meaningful contributions to their team. Since defense is important, and unrewarded, these changes should go a good way to address that.

Zarthorn

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think it's more important to reward players for making meaningful contributions to their team. Since defense is important, and unrewarded, these changes should go a good way to address that.
I don't normally link to threads but in this case I will.

I would like to point you to a thread I recently made that clearly points out that in it's current form, the scoring system is a long margin off and needs more tweaks than the defence ones...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1357694

I know you say it's a "rare" instance, but as you can see from the score differentiations, there is a massive disparity occuring in the more close matches that actually has the losing team winning in most statistics despite them losing.

Volimar

10-13-2011

What are the changes that are coming?

MandyMemory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-13-2011

There's one small problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriorityOne View Post
A lot of the proposed changes I read make it more rewarding to sit on a tower waiting for enemies to come. That is probably the least fun thing you can be doing in Dominion.
This is how you win.

Quote:
Instead of changing the score to make sitting on 3 towers and twiddling your thumbs more rewarding, Riot needs to make the reward for capturing more than 3 worth the risk so that the excitement doesn't slow down once you get 3.
This is how you lose.

It's better to change to system to reward good play and further away from what it is currently. Right now the system rewards behavior that will likely lose you the game.

Sparkfun

10-13-2011

The biggest problem with the scores are that they just give the whiners more fuel. It's either "***** i have the most points im clearly the best (when all they do is run around capping ineffectually)" or "Points dont ****ing matter at all ass-hole". Just another case of a community gone rotten.

FDru

10-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyMemory View Post
Right now the system rewards behavior that will likely lose you the game.
Couldn't have said it better.

Seems like the losing team tends to have the same scores as the winning team unless it's a complete steamroll / losers were outnumbered cause of a leaver etc.

TokinPrez

10-13-2011

I would just like to add that I have had GOOD defenders on my team place in the top 3, the guy who goes bot. To many people herp derp and thinking defending bots means being some sort of immovable statue that sits there for the games duration and then cry about the scoring system when in reality bot defense is a priority among a list of other objectives.

Minions pushed bot? Top having a heck of a time? Have an opening? Then move your ass and help top secure the point. Have a chance to sneak off an ninja a point without sacrificing bottom (not pushing bot when they have defenders and mia and then dying horribly and losing bot as i normally see) then go ninja cap.

Trouble in the jungle, save your ally.

I see Bottom lane defenders go top 3 even gold simply because they are proactive defenders rather then reactive.

Im not saying greaters rewards should not be applied to defense, they should, but at the same time most defenders are just horrible and do not know it or are unwilling to accept it and rather just have a system that makes things easier for their lack of play.