Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doofykid

10-10-2011

Ive never jungled before (im a noob), and before i attempt to, i want to know what is in the jungle. What nerfs do you get from which monsters?

Beaumains

10-11-2011

I think you mean buffs. I recommend playing the tutorial if you haven't (the second one).

Basically, there's 2 common buffs on Summoner's Rift (SR/Rift), and Baron.

Buff 1: "Blue/Golem" - gives you significantly increased mana regeneration and cooldown reduction (25%, I believe). This also benefits Energy based champs like Shen & Lee Sin.

Buff 2: "Red/Lizard" - gives you a poison/DoT effect that procs on your auto-attacks, and a significant slow (diminished for ranged champs).

They are both strong in their own way and consistent control and appropriation of the buffs will turn the tide in your favor.

Baron: There is an epic monster called Baron Nashor that is located towards the top left part of the map in an alcove that opens into the river. It's marked by a red skull & crossbones on the minimap, and if you engage it unprepared you WILL lose and probably die. It may also cost you the game. Baron is the single most powerful independent buff in the game. Off-hand I know that it grants significant health and mana regen, and it's a team-wide buff.

Here's a link that I found extremely helpful:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-to-know-77704

Also look up the Warwick (WW) champion guides in the Guides Forum. WW is considered by many if not most to be the definitive jungler, and therefore 90%+ of his guides will essentially be general guides to jungling as well.

doofykid

10-11-2011

Thanks. I played a few games trying to jungle before and after this guide and I have found that jungling is just not for me. Im gonna try some other aspects to the game...

chocolattt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-11-2011

jungling is kinda hard at first but it gets better if you practice more, don't get discouraged!

EzrealxBot

10-11-2011

best way to do it I found, Is to pick your jungle champ for me it was trundle. Then make a custom game,set your self up at blue. See if you can survive and kill it, then see how much hp you have left and if its enough to continue. Took me about three tries and having to buy runes to get my route down. If I didnt make it i would just quit the custom game then try again. Worked wonders for me and now my jungle trundle is awesome.

purewolfgang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

jungling is probably one of the hardest roles in the game because you have to know when to gank and when not to gank and plus you have to know if there will be a counter jungle on you or an anti-jungler i seem to jungle alot but i still fail at some games because not only do the ganks depend on you but also the lane composure that you have and also if you gank it can be just to burn the summoner spells on the opponent like a flash or a ghost because that way if you gank again soon after getting say Red buff you can actually kill them if you want to keep trying to jungle i can help and give you alot of different champions that you actually might like in the jungle that make up really strong team comps and if played correctly can help carry your team to a win no matter how bad you are doing

katechon

10-11-2011

For EZ jungling use armor yellows and put 21 points in defensive tree.

Stinglock

10-11-2011

I learnt to jungle from http://www.youtube.com/user/stonewall008.

Then I went into practice games solo and kept at it until I got some nice times, and watched more.

Pay attention to enemy junglers, watch them.

Keep your map awareness at maximum levels by warding/counter warding their jungle.
And remember, your job is not JUST jungling. It's ganking and holding lanes and generally fking their day up when they think they have you.

It's also a good idea to ASK your team if someone can solo top, so you can jungle.
Forcing a solo top can end badly.

doofykid

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by purewolfgang View Post
jungling is probably one of the hardest roles in the game because you have to know when to gank and when not to gank and plus you have to know if there will be a counter jungle on you or an anti-jungler i seem to jungle alot but i still fail at some games because not only do the ganks depend on you but also the lane composure that you have and also if you gank it can be just to burn the summoner spells on the opponent like a flash or a ghost because that way if you gank again soon after getting say Red buff you can actually kill them if you want to keep trying to jungle i can help and give you alot of different champions that you actually might like in the jungle that make up really strong team comps and if played correctly can help carry your team to a win no matter how bad you are doing
i would actually like to hear that list. I am terribly bad with fiddlesticks, and I am a little better with Nunu. That being said those are the only two champions I have for jungling, and I have no points to spend on new champions yet, or new runes for that matter. I am trying jungling without the proper runes, which I know is wrong but some guides I looked at said it was possible.

Nil Archive

10-12-2011

I can't stress enough how important it is that
a) You are AT LEAST summoner level 20.
b) You are equipped with Flat Armor Seals.
c) You follow a jungling guide on the interwebs

Once you become more experienced with jungling, it is not so much necessary to follow all of the above, but until then that is mandatory.