Comprehensive Dominion Analysis + Tier List (Under Construction)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

I think this list should also be catagorized by early game mid game and late game. There are some champs that are good early game but completely fall off late game or have bad early game but dominate late game.

FetisPuncher

10-11-2011

That's a good point; although, to reflected that aspect in the scoring, developed by Yi, would be rather difficult. Essentially, all the support champs get stronger and stronger - compared to the other subtypes, due to the fact that they are designed to do well w little gold - so their late game amongst the others should be scored rather high.

Piano Kitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2011

I don't think so. While certain champions definitely "click" once they hit a certain point of the game, sometimes the winning team must adopt a strategy that focuses on delaying the opponent and simply surviving as long as possible. The boundary between early, mid, and late game are not particularly meaningful because dynamic build orders also come into play. Being observant towards enemy build orders and making critical decisions based upon those builds will determine mid-late game effectiveness.

1Ninjaboy

10-11-2011

This list is pretty bad. Malzahar is Tier 2 without question.

Karthus is no where near Tier 1.Tier 2 on his best day.

Master Yi is Tier 2 as well.

Para

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Ninjaboy View Post
This list is pretty bad. Malzahar is Tier 2 without question.

Master Yi is Tier 2 as well.
master yi is definitely tier 2. He does hurt but against assassins he gets shutdown fast. He is still squishy no matter how you put it.

As for what you are saying for early game mid game and late game.

The thing with dominion is that you can't be gold starved too much... You can always get your gold and still itemize pretty well. All champions scale with her items but the question is how well they scale. Let's take ashe for example: ashe without items is incredibly useful early game. She's got a slow, stun and can poke afar when enemy champs do not have their closer skills maxed out. However late game, she completely falls off to the role of support dps and almost never able to take on a lot of other champs.

Or look at Jax. Jax early game is good at best. he doesn't have his superior tanking ability or dodging but when he itemizes into late game, he is practically top tier.

urmamasllama

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Ninjaboy View Post
you have no idea what a defender is do you

Shini Laser

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
you have no idea what a defender is do you
Even after taking a week break from the game, it seems few know what a defender is.

urmamasllama

10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxusmaximus View Post
yeah i've never had any trouble taking down xerath as sona. Can run rings around him pewpewing him with her Q.
sounds like yall have been playing against some really bad xeraths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Even after taking a week break from the game, it seems few know what a defender is.
i think its cuz we still have people thinking "1 gotz to hav teh most p01ntz"

Warrrrax

10-11-2011

Why is Poppy have a mere 2 on defense and 4 utility?

With her passive, Poppy innately has 50% damage resistance vs most nukes and some autoattack crits. She is harder than average to kill.
She can hold a node vs 1 opponent relatively easily.
Vs multiple opponents, her Ult gives her the ability to not die quickly and eitehr pulverize 1 defender, or damage multiple baddies for the length of her Ult and prevent the cap.

I'd at least consider her a 3 (average).

Where does the 4 utility come from? She has faster than average speed with her skill buff, plus her build is typically including speed items like TriForce and maybe PD.
But otherwise, I don't see the utility aspect of her. What am I missing?

JaxtinBieber

10-11-2011

Yifanlol, I find that when I win too many in a row, I lose one or two really bad.

I believe this is evidence that some sort of ELO exists, right?

Has anybody else experienced this as well?