Basic Tips to Twisted Treeline

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyushu View Post
You hit most of it right on the dot, but I'll elaborate on a few points that you missed.

Red Buff isn't unimportant, this thing is still game changing. 4 min respawn
Other buffs are at 3 min respawn
Small Creep at 75 seconds

Mostly correct, but I'd avoid Ranged AD carries and Supports like the plague. With a few exceptions. (Vayne makes a decent Ranged AD on this map)

This is the part where you are a bit off. Wriggles is recommended, not necessary. Smite is required (or a Cho Gath Ult). That wriggles won't do you any good if you get smite stolen. If your team doesn't have smite, your team cannot safely do dragon without killing the enemy smite holder, which is extremely limiting. It means that if they kill any one of your players, they can do dragon safely, but even if you kill 2 of their players, if the smite holder is alive, you still cannot do dragon.

QFT. Though this only works if you push out and then interfere with the jungler. If you just deny top lane, the jungler can still free farm and gank bot.
I was attempting for an introductory level, though the whole madreds/smite thing is a point of contention when I normal queue at least, people just don't want to drop a summoner for it for some stupid reason, so I'll fold and ask them to at least get madreds. Competitively yes smite is a must.

Ranged AD are indeed a high risk - high reward I encourage people to play around with in teams, ezreal and trist at least can hop walls frequently and poke well. Though vayne and cait are really the best of them. Traps work soooooo well on the map, and you can net through to dragon while laning top as an escape if your jungler can help cover you. Supports are probably not viable competitively, but I encourage people to try them out in normals cause they work quite well. After all things get to be considered competitively viable after being well tested in normals.

The laning situation is again, introductory, as competitive teams will no doubt have a solid jungler and none of this wishywashyhalfjungle nonsense. If neither team has a jungler, at the very least they can duo top.

Perhaps I do undervalue red buff a bit too much, but it's fairly easy to gank, and most times pink warded, to it seemed too much complication to detract from dragon, which 90% of TT players don't seem to care enough about.

Thank you for this feedback, I really love plat TT players posting in this forum, though I made gold I still have a lot to learn.

Aknuar

10-06-2011

I am really tired of every single player calling out a gank on bottom in TT, you hit it on the head. 9/10 of the time it does absolutely nothing except give the other team a head start. Completely pointless, and I refuse to participate unless I know for a fact that their team is the weaker one.

Also dragon is definitely underutilized, I end up solo'ing it as Urgot halfway through the game because it's been sitting up for so long.

Meowzor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2011

Quote:
You hit most of it right on the dot, but I'll elaborate on a few points that you missed.

Red Buff isn't unimportant, this thing is still game changing. 4 min respawn
Other buffs are at 3 min respawn
Small Creep at 75 seconds
Idk I would say red buff is pretty subpar you could be doing something else worth a lot gold. Red buff worth pretty much no gold and is only for chasing and with how small the lanes are sub par at best. The super creep at top are 2-3 times better.

It is really good for setting up team fights tho

Quote:
Mostly correct, but I'd avoid Ranged AD carries and Supports like the plague. With a few exceptions. (Vayne makes a decent Ranged AD on this map)
I agree but with the support changes I think you could make them viable now other than taric. Ap taric used to be pretty strong because of how well he could heal now hes pretty bad imo.

Quote:
This is the part where you are a bit off. Wriggles is recommended, not necessary. Smite is required (or a Cho Gath Ult). That wriggles won't do you any good if you get smite stolen. If your team doesn't have smite, your team cannot safely do dragon without killing the enemy smite holder, which is extremely limiting. It means that if they kill any one of your players, they can do dragon safely, but even if you kill 2 of their players, if the smite holder is alive, you still cannot do dragon.
100% correct could not have said it any better.

Quote:
You're probably one of those ignorant people who don't even play Twisted Treeline, yet QQ about the imbalance. Fyi, neither of those chars are even Tier 1 chars. Singed and Lee Sin are far stronger than either of those 2.
I agree that singed is beyond god teir but I don't think lee sin is. If you ward well lee sin is pretty much trash. I think so many other champions can jungle better him and if you stop him from ganking he really has nothing special

TheHangman

10-06-2011

Red buff is totally game changing depending on champion, ezreal needs it to even compete.

Ansen

10-06-2011

Thanks guys for your input on this thread. Some great advice!

JamJarsook

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2011

This post has actually made me want to play twisted treeline more often. I pushed it to the back of my mind, but I can probably have a full premade here easier than a full premade on SR or CS.

infinite azure

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJarsook View Post
This post has actually made me want to play twisted treeline more often. I pushed it to the back of my mind, but I can probably have a full premade here easier than a full premade on SR or CS.
In another thread I made trying to support the arranged ranked scene, I tried to push treeline as an easier to access logistically version of arranged.

Obviously that part wasn't really well recieved, but.. I still think there's something to not needing to find 2 more people.

DemonHawk

10-06-2011

Wow, thanks a lot! I don`t really play TT a lot because I didn`t really know much about it, but now I can see how a lot of things that I used to do in TT were wrong =P Now I might even consider making a TT `cuz it seems pretty interesting!

Rupture

10-06-2011

Quote:
Idk I would say red buff is pretty subpar you could be doing something else worth a lot gold. Red buff worth pretty much no gold and is only for chasing and with how small the lanes are sub par at best. The super creep at top are 2-3 times better.

It is really good for setting up team fights tho
False:

1) The fear of knowing the enemy team has red buff will second guess any type of over extension or even a safe middle area.

2) Having red control usually means gaining map control. If you find yourself losing out on the red buff, you are most likely not controlling the enormous middle section of the map.

3) It provides a significant damage increase for neutrals. It speeds up your jungler's pattern.

Saiyushu

10-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzuraZero View Post
Perhaps I do undervalue red buff a bit too much, but it's fairly easy to gank, and most times pink warded, to it seemed too much complication to detract from dragon, which 90% of TT players don't seem to care enough about.
Red buff being easy to gank or pink warded doesn't make it any less valuable. Dragon tends to be guarded even more carefully than red. But yes, dragon is definitely more valuable than red. However, if dragon is not up, then red is the objective.

One common mistake, is that people see, Red is only 50 gold or so, pointless. But the reason for red is the buff, not the gold.
"This unit's physical attacks slow the target's movement speed by (10/20/30)% (at levels 1/6/11) and deal (7.7 + Level * 2.35) true damage based on their level. If the buff holder is slain, this buff is transferred to the killer."

At level 8, that's a true damage pick axe. The slow is nothing to scoff at either, especially considering how much ganking the jungler should be doing.