Community Recap Episode 10

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByronicHero

Web Content Editor

Follow ByronicHero on Twitter

06-08-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Welcome to episode 10 of the Community Recap. I’m going to blame any delays in the release of this week’s update on the suspiciously shotgun-stock-shaped bruise that I have on my right shoulder. There’s a bit of tenderness, but I’m sleeping like a baby. Thanks for your concern. At any rate, here’s what’s buzzing this week.

What’s new?

We’ve been undergoing a lot organizational changes here in the Riot Office. Still there are a few initiatives on the Community front on which I’d love to give you an update:

• League of Minions - These are old hat for all you minion lovers by now. Check out the latest comic. Here it is!
  • Friend Referral Mayhem! - Still going on this one. Hopefully we can snap up all the homeless gamers out there and introduce them into the fold.

Community Spotlight

Requests for a Teenage Annie skin are reaching Gentleman Cho’gath proportions. Lima Beans endorsement of this skin is currently sitting pretty at +109, and gaining ground. Since that time, community members have been discussing exactly what they think teenage Annie should look like. For a few visual references, you can check out those submitted by 5po0ng3bob, piratesas, and Mella Kara.

Additionally, with the introduction of the ‘Yar, I’m a mighty pirate!’ buff into the game, there has been a resurgence of requests for the addition of supplemental buccaneers. In this instance, we’re being challenged to add a pair of seaborne corsairs to help Gangplank out in his epic battle against the forces of ninjitsu. While I was personally lobbying for the pirate buff to read “Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!”, I still feel as though it is important to pass on this sentiment.

Rounding down the week – and I believe that this is a Community Update first – we’ve had some extremely awesome Blitzcrank, the Great Steam Golem, art created by Deriaz. This often underappreciated steampunk robot is pretty sick looking in this interpretation. Nice art, Deriaz!

Happy hunting, and I hope to see you all out there on the Field of Justice!

-ByronicHero

TheI3east

06-08-2010

Looks good!

Teenage Annie sounds awesome but I don't know what that'll end up looking like.

Jimslice

06-08-2010

more pirates and a teenager annie

+1

Mojoman

06-08-2010

teenage annie... sounds awesome, can we get gender-changing skins now? I dont care if they cost insane xD

Tempestt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

more pirates n cool blitz pic :O

anise4tatlin

06-08-2010

Teenager Annie sounds awesome, but I'd like to see some champions without skins get some too...

Flappage

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamada View Post
teenage annie... sounds awesome, can we get gender-changing skins now? I dont care if they cost insane xD
Female Cho- Oh wait...
Female Tryndamere - Tryndamary --> Keep skin style - change gender

Tvae

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronicHero View Post
“Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!”

Why has this not been implemented? I mean, yeah, Gangplank IS a mighty pirate... But the current buff doesn't make any reference to the fact pirates fight better in groups. If it was changed, it would specifically reference the pirates mates, aka, "me hearties."

...Yay pirates.

(Also in support of teenage Annie. And Riot Singed. And Corporate Mundo.)

Screech79

06-08-2010

Keep up the good work and lets hope poor old Chogath gets fixed so he is playable again

Epic Resser

06-08-2010

Have you seen the suggestion for the Mafia Twitch skin? Still strongly support this idea.

12345 ... 6