Scheduled Maintenance Complete

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Janítor

06-08-2010

i have to wait till 10-11am. . . . its 4am and my day off :l

what to do...................................

PerGuLa

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire Diaries View Post
Guys just chill go for a walk or watch this very enjoyable video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK2tWVj6lXw
I love maintenance cause it gives me time to get this 300 pound body in shape anyway I love you Phreak have my babies!
Great, some Vinegar Water Feminine Rinse cry baby reported that video; just when I was wanting to watch it because LOL is patching <sigh>

Xinti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Thanks for the update, but sucks its so long and like my whole day i cant play :/

Raymon the Great

06-08-2010

if i live in holland how late it will be fixed again? does anyone nows?
please....

Masterclf

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSarge View Post
This makes Mundo sad, he can't go where he pleases
+1 to that part only :P

EPICRYAN

06-08-2010

OMG Its 4:16am where i am
And why do they need this long to patch a simple patch WOW could do better on.

Vampire Diaries

Apoptosine

06-08-2010

10 hours is a long time. Is it understandable? Yes. It's still a long time.

Here's my rant. lack of announcing these down times in advance ... I saw the upcoming new champion forum entries, but I seem to have missed a calender somewhere, or some section that talks about--in advance--planned down times like this. It's completely possible I've missed it...

It'd be nice to know, preferably in advance, when these sort of monstrously long downtimes are going to occur, since--as I run my own business, I can decide on how to spend my time. My work is touch and go, hurry up and wait and that sort of thing so sometimes I sneak some time away for other things, like playing some LoL. But I can't get my time back once I've comitted, like tonight.

It's like being bonked on the head.

Login: (Server) Unavailable.

Forums Login: Unrecognized account or password (for about an hour or so at least).

Forums Announcements+Forums: Server Status: Nothing about down time/totally empty.

An hour later up pops the forums again and the server status section actually has some information--and it isn't good.

Yeah, I'm unhappy. Yes I can understand. I've payed my money already so I'm getting whatever is offered for it now. But one thing RIOT can do, that shouldn't cost anything, or require new coding and whatnot: It's called "advance notice," of this sort of thing. Please? As much of an advance as possible is preferred, but not required. Generally a day or two works great. Please place it in the login screen quick access links so we can be apprised of future unavailability whenever we go to log in. You know, righ there next to the links on skin sales, and forum highlights, PR stories.

I could swear I've seen scheduled maintenence and patch announcements in there before. Perhaps make it a policy to place advance notices of upcoming down times there?

If I've missed some section somewhere, or some other place where you can find out about these sorts of things in advance, please share it. (I'm not going to join facebook just to be kept abreast of this, I don't think that should be required).

Xinti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymon the Great View Post
if i live in holland how late it will be fixed again? does anyone nows?
please....
im from NL to, i cant seem to figure it out either:/ but on the forums it says its been past 11AM now -.-, and i think were gmt+1 so does that mean +8 hours? so in 6h from now?

Tihomir Ilic

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexium View Post
I love the way this is ran, the fact they care enough to update every 2 weeks means they actually want to keep progress and a level playing field. Really instead of complaining why not try and thank them for the hard work they put into keeping a game running smooth and free for everyone.
Well said.