Twitches Items?

12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilvanis View Post
incorrect, and obviously another non-twitch player. you almost contributed to this conversation, though, good try!

"AD items, nothing else" suggests a complete lack of understand of how this champion works. you might have better luck with trist, based on what you've unfortunately displayed to everyone here.

furthermore, you failed to post a full build, just a generic disagreement. it would help not only your argument but everyone reading this for insight if you posted your proposed twitch build.

i find that 15-0 is easy as attack speed twitch, quick hits make the gank. perhaps you just haven't tried this strategy (and thus this champion) effectively yet.

good luck with that.
Hahaha, yes another non-twitch player and for various reasons cause people are too high and full of theirselves claiming their pro twitches which they are not, i made this funny little screen to back up my words with.

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/12/34/59/78/league14.jpg

Also so your little smart ass knows, i started playing Twitch post-nerf and when i was lv29, almost 30 so there was no low elo rampage, thats how you learn to play properly, in mid-high.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temlam

Senior Member

06-08-2010

dude, I noticed it too late when he mentioned he gave an item build, he has no lifesteal items, at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilvanis

Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temlam View Post
dude, I noticed it too late when he mentioned he gave an item build, he has no lifesteal items, at all.
affirmative. i repeat, if you are taking damage, you are playing the game wrong. lifesteal is NOT going to help you if warwick has got you down- relaning or calling for help WILL. the ONLY time lifesteal would be helpful is early and vs. minions, and its utility would decline sharply after that. refilling twitch's meager hp pool is just going to get you noticed and ganked yourself- whereas stacking attack speed + procs will get you quad kills if you know literally anything about stealth.

lifesteal is the ultimate twitch fail, because survivability should NOT be considered for gank kills. if you see a twitch using malady, he WILL (100% of the time) have more deaths than kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2010

I'll tell you why building twitch attack speed wise is bad for your.

Its because he is weak mid-to endgame untill he gets a infinity.
The attack speed will benefit a bit against squishy champions as Ash and help you take them out a bit faster than going pure AD because of your explunge but you sacrifice your midgame for that because with that kind of attack speed and low AD, you will not do any significant damage to semi chunky enemies and forget engaging 1v1 combat or opponents with more than halfh health unless you want to see your shop.

Whilst while going crit/AD type without attack speed, your early game is compensated by having semi-decent critical rate and your midgame is times better than having attack speed because by the time you should already have your infinity, plus a good 50-60% critical rate, you are going to tear trough enemies in their mid game since they do not have enough health and armor to counter your massive damage, also your attack speed stacked with stealth and spray will be at around 1.7~2.0 thus perfectly high for infinity edge at that stage.

And yes a poster above claimed that twitch does not have life steal items and that is true, i do not get lifesteal myself until mid game and build it into a bloodthirst towards endgame.
But thats mainly because there isn't a huge variety of good life drain gear, your only best choice would be one vampiric scepter until you have some money to build it into a thirst, wasting it on malady or starks is dissadvantageous since it delays your performance with crits and infinity.
Your main role is to pop out with spray and pray and take out as much as you can, you will not start there and keep shooting at enemies that will be concentrating fire at you because even with life-steal you will not outheal their damage, you are too squishy my friend.
And stark is generally a bad idea for stealth characters, the debuff icon that appears on enemies will easily warn them that twitch is lurking around.

People making a Malady early game make a big mistake, yes it helps somewhat to farming a lane a bit early and gives you attack speed but its effects deteriorate majorly towards mid game and its practically useless endgame, a stark would do alot better for you, especially since now its been buffed a bit that buffs from several starks now stack.

Anyways hope this info helps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilvanis

Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Hahaha, yes another non-twitch player and for various reasons cause people are too high and full of theirselves claiming their pro twitches which they are not, i made this funny little screen to back up my words with.

http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/12/34/59/78/league14.jpg

Also so your little smart ass knows, i started playing Twitch post-nerf and when i was lv29, almost 30 so there was no low elo rampage, thats how you learn to play properly, in mid-high.
1) i never claimed to be smart, all i offered was one of the few solid arguments on this thread.
2) i noticed you have some stuff blacked out in that screen shot. all credibility gone. prove you didn't write the rest of the numbers in yourself.
3) i'm not high, although i wish very much that i was.
4) never claimed to be a pro twitch, only to have gone 15-0 (which isn't even all that impressive) multiple times.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilvanis View Post
1) i never claimed to be smart, all i offered was one of the few solid arguments on this thread.
2) i noticed you have some stuff blacked out in that screen shot. all credibility gone. prove you didn't write the rest of the numbers in yourself.
3) i'm not high, although i wish very much that i was.
4) never claimed to be a pro twitch, only to have gone 15-0 (which isn't even all that impressive) multiple times.
Blacked out stuff is information unnecessary for you to know, my win/loss ration will remain private for various reasons.
As a hint i'll tell you that alot of friends told me that my win ratio with twitch is ridiculous.
And yes sure i edited, care to scan it upclose and examine if its edited or not in the twitch section.

Oh yes and now that i check your build, its quite terrible, zeal, divinity, phantoms? oh really? I can place a bet that in those 15-0 rare games that you had, you probably had all your kills towards endgame when you could actually build up your set, since with that, your early to mid performance is zero if your playing against semi-decent players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by redelmos View Post
I'm going to have to disagree with the attack speed Twitch. He has 2 skills that give him attack speed, and gets close to 2.0, if not higher, without any attack speed items. I agree with Carados for the most part, well nevermind. I completely agree with him. But if you need to get a phage in there, or vamp stick for some survivability. And Avarice blade is completely optional.
Phage is unnecessary to twitch, he already has a considerable slow and two slow effects do not stack, plus you will not want to chase a enemy as twitch, if he got away with low health beyond a tower, the most stupid thing you could do is follow and get ganked by his team mates that were running towards him for a save.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilvanis

Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
The attack speed will benefit a bit against squishy champions as Ash and help you take them out a bit faster than going pure AD because of your explunge
This is a valid point, and one I failed to note. Attack speed builds are for taking down the squishies- the dps, the carries, and NOT the tanks. Whisper + bloodrazor (40% armor pen + 4% hp/shot) will help against tanks, but the AD build will be more useful against these characters. I choose not to go this route because my kills come from the easy ones. The tanks will come down during the main engages, which I plan on being there for because I choose teleport and boots of mobility. This happens to work for me, and I suggest it as a strategy especially for new twitches. Good contribution here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
but you sacrifice your midgame for that because with that kind of attack speed and low AD, you will not do any significant damage to semi chunky enemies and forget engaging 1v1 combat
i suppose this looks good on paper, but i do not find it to be true myself. midgame is usually where i shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Whilst while going crit/AD type without attack speed, your early game is compensated by having semi-decent critical rate and your midgame is times better than having attack speed because by the time you should already have your infinity, plus a good 50-60% critical rate, you are going to tear trough enemies in their mid game
i could use a little enlightenment on what you mean here, do you suggest going for infinity earlier than i suggested? it's a weapon i would LOVE to have ASAP, but i find a quick zeal or sotd is easier to pop in and out of the shop with and thus spend more time feeding with superior weapons- rather than waddling around with a long sword and thousands more gold to go at level 11. however, i can not disagree that such a build will rip ALL champs up at that stage. perhaps my build is just suited more to late-game ganks than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
And yes a poster above claimed that twitch does not have life steal items and (...) there isn't a huge variety of good life drain gear
truth, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
wasting it on malady or starks is dissadvantageous since it delays your performance with crits and infinity.
yes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
even with life-steal you will not outheal their damage, you are too squishy my friend.
yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
And stark is generally a bad idea for stealth characters, the debuff icon that appears on enemies will easily warn them that twitch is lurking around.
awesome point. thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
People making a Malady early game make a big mistake, yes it helps somewhat to farming a lane a bit early and gives you attack speed but its effects deteriorate majorly towards mid game and its practically useless endgame.
i agree.

assertive, helpful argument. thanks for replying.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilvanis

Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Blacked out stuff is information unnecessary for you to know, my win/loss ration will remain private for various reasons.
like i said. all credibility gone. sorry.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Oh yes and now that i check your build, its quite terrible, zeal, divinity, phantoms? oh really? I can place a bet that in those 15-0 rare games that you had, you probably had all your kills towards endgame when you could actually build up your set, since with that, your early to mid performance is zero if your playing against semi-decent players.
i guess i wish you would say exactly why you're describing it as "terrible". yes, a majority of my kills in those instances were late game, but that being the case why is that a bad thing if we still pushed well and won the game? this is a VERY different play strategy, but i find it works for me. feed as much as you can until 6, begin jungling, stay in the field as long as possible (even if your opponents' boots pass yours- remember, you can stealth!) so your gold snowballs, and get the tank-eaters by midgame. twitch is NOT going to get his quad kill at level 7, so wait until you have 1.8-2.0 before you try soloing 2 or more opponents at once. a kill is a kill, ESPECIALLY if your team wins with you as the carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilvanis

Member

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawful View Post
Phage is unnecessary to twitch, he already has a considerable slow and two slow effects do not stack, plus you will not want to chase a enemy as twitch, if he got away with low health beyond a tower, the most stupid thing you could do is follow and get ganked by his team mates that were running towards him for a save.
i agree with everything you said here bro. we should brainstorm together sometime.


12345612 ... 17