Dominion Tier List

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrandBreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Read The Foot Notes.

KEY :
^^ = Can expect to be moved in the near future.

@ = In each tier these will go to the top 3. Usually these have something unique and useful as their saving factor, such as Veigars aoe stun.

** These are champs I do not own. I place them where they are because thats where I feel they should go and I cannot make any more of an educated guess on them. So someone else who owns them test them out, otherwise the best I can do is watch for them on mine or enemy teams.

-Tier 1-
Rammus, *@Panthion*, WuKong, *Udyr*, Trundle, Warwick, Vayne, @Xin Shou, *Kogmaw*, Gangplank, Poppy, *@Garen*, *Akali*, Soraka, ^Jax^

-Tier 2-
*@Heimerdinger*, *Keenen*, Annie, Twisted Fate, ^Evelyn^, ^Twitch^, ^Shaco^, ^Teemo^, ^@Olaf^, Singed, Tyrandamyr, *^Vladmir^*, *^Urgot^* *^Iraliah^*, @Blitzcrank, Caitlyn, Talon, *^Riven^* Tristana *Lee Sin*, Maokai

-Tier 3-
*@Corki*, Amumu!, Alaster, *^Anivia^*, Ashe, *Brand*, *^Cassiopeia^*, Kayle, Morgana, *Miss Fortune*, Nasus, Mordikaiser, @Veigar, *Yorick*, *Sona*, Sivir, *Taric*, *^Lux^*, *Skarner*, *Gragas*, Katarina, Janna, *Shen*,

-Useless-
*Leona*, Nunu, *Kassadin*, Mundo, Zilian, Karthus

-Undecided-
Everyone else.

Reasons:

Tier 1 - These champs can move quickly around the map and are just flat out dangerous. If you find them they will generally eff you up hard and fast then cap your base, and that's what counts in Dominion. They scale very well with the gear and levels in Dominion as well. They can do every job you need, and very well.

Tier 2 - These guys are all just as good as the guys in Tier 1, but for various reasons are easier to shut down or more limited. For example, Heimer rocks at defending turrents from 1 person, sometimes 2 and often 2 people can kill him anyway. For offensive purposes, hes just outclassed alot in Dominion. MF has insane damage potential as always, but her damage early game is not that great and shes limited to being a burst champ in fights. *NOTE* All of the stealthies have actually proven to be very dangerous (So far) in dominion, but I wont be willing to say anything definite on them until the stealth rework comes around. Sitting in Tier 2 for now.

Tier 3 - Last picks. These guys have the potential to be very deadly in dominion, but they require MUCH more teamwork to be effective than other champs. Some of them are just as powerful as the Tier 1 champs, were it not for the simple lack of real synergy of Tier 1. I wouldn't play them in the solo queue.

Undecided - Champs that either I don't play well myself or just haven't seen yet. If you do not see their name in this guide then they are IN THIS LIST.

Useless - These guys just don't work. Some of them seem like they could, trust me I know, but they don't. The map just wasn't made well for them. There is nothing they can do that everyone else cant do, and better. Great examples, Nunu's ult would be great in small areas. Well he doesn't really get to use it and he cannot just munch a creep when he needs here. The rez timers are always short so Zilians ult loses everything, plus if you die and he rezes you your going to get 1shoted before you do anything with the new damage buff. And just being able to harass really doesn't do much here.

-----------------------------------------------------------
If a champ is not listed then HE IS IN THE UNSURE LIST. This means I either do not play him very much (Ryze) and cannot make a good place for him without seeing him, or I just do not play the champ well (Urgot). The stealth champs are in tier 2 specifically because the stealth rework is coming up soon. I think its going to be similar to Nighthound from HoN? but I'm not really sure yet.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In response to lots of people:

Karthus is useless. He turns into a ghost and can cap. Yay. He stays that way for 5 seconds then hes gone, he cant even neutralize a point. half of the cap area is bigger than his aoe, you are not going to be doing much to defend or attack as Karthus unless you stay alive. He has some team fight utility, but hes very squishy. I play Karth, I'm sad he sucks in Dominion too. Do what I do and deal with it.

Nasus is actually freaking beastly. The new Dominion buff makes up for not being able to farm his Q, and you should be killing at least a few creeps anyway. he isn't Tier 1 material, but hes potentially tier 2.

Zilians speed boost does nothing more than make you move faster. Yay. There's already 3 of those naturally in the Dominion map. His ult does not do much because your respawn timer in Dominion is always small and everyone does enough damage to 1shot you as soon as you rez, its centered around FAST PACED CONSTANT COMBAT. He does not have jack for real burst either. He does not do well here.

I. dont. play. kass. I dont intend to. I know the cap timer on any point is 13 seconds. You want to dispute that? go for it. Kass will not be able to get the full cap most of the time. Hes also squishy, that doesn't work on Dominion. Someone good at Kass? Play him, find a way for him to work, we can change it. Otherwise hes staying in useless. I have played him in the past, I despise the play style. I'm giving him a useless because his play style just does not mix with Dominion.

Kayle is dangerous. She gets out farmed. It happens. Deal with it please. This is not a "but this champ is op" thread it is a "This champ works well in the dominion map" thread.

If you have an issue with the list, for the love of god type it, voice it, help me make the list better, don't just downvote like a tard. No one benefits from the jackassness.

--------------------------------------------------------Footnotes-----------------------------------------------------------
Tristana moved up to Tier 2 - She still has nice survivability and damage in Dominion.

Gragas moved up to Tier 3 - He cannot tank for ****, but AP gragas in Dominion will annoy you. A lot.

Lee Sin moved up to tier 2 - Cause hes lee sin. And that actually means a lot in Dominion.

Katarina moved down to tier 3 - Her survivability is bad. She was amazing on day 1, but most teams are starting to just shut her down hard. Her damage is still amazing, but she just doesn't get the ult off too much.

Janna moved into Tier 3 - Her movement speed buff isn't much. ffs the map is small. But her abilities do help in fights, defending, and pushing bases more than I was expecting.

Soraka placed in Tier 1 - shes. evil. Her burst is amazing and shes officially tanky.

Maokai being placed in Tier 2 - He is good at defending or pushing in Dominion. Saplings are giving him amazing utility.

Nasus placed in Tier 3 - The Dominion buff is beastly. Nasus is mean. Regardless of farm on his Q Nasus is powerful here on defense or offense.

Shen being moved to Tier 3 - He is no tank. Really no one is a tank here. But his taunt is very fun to use, and very effective. I still find his ult to be ineffective, but meh.

Jax moved to Tier 1 - I'm still expecting a massive nerf to hit Jax in the near future, he is MEAN here. He is killable just like everyone else but doing so successfully will usually bring more pain upon yourself than the enemy team.

Blackfire447

09-27-2011

Kass is actually quite good on dominion, I dont play him personally, but he does very well.

But I'd also say Ali is very good, his CC is always useful for defense

But other than tha really good IMO.

choochoochooo

09-27-2011

Kass is very useful in dominion, his high mobility allows him to disrupt points caps and go for an enemy point. His silence and slow can be very useful in defending a point as they wont be able to touch him.

GrandBreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDinosaur View Post
Kass is very useful in dominion, his high mobility allows him to disrupt points caps and go for an enemy point. His silence and slow can be very useful in defending a point as they wont be able to touch him.
Yes I thought about that. Unfortunately, he retains his squishy qualities as well. Since everyone hits hard, he can get nuked if he does his normal ninja rift thing. His role would be diminished, so until someone gets a build that WORKS on him (I've not ever seen a Kass on Dominion that didn't suck and go very negative, only seen 1 good Karthus) hes stuck in useless. Karth MIGHT hit tier 3 soon.

Rafein

09-27-2011

How is Yo-rick bottom tier?

Good damage, ranged CC, good sustain. Top defender, Ulting himself when holding a point really screws with the enemy team.

kenshö

09-27-2011

Hahahaha bad tier list is bad.

luukkaah

09-27-2011

rammus no...

akali own

heimer tier 1

nunu are good

you forget Yi tier 1

kenshö

09-27-2011

What are you basing this on anyway?

Your what.... 20-30-40 games of Dominion? You wouldn't of even seen enough Dominion to make a comprehensive tier list.

Shini Laser

09-27-2011

Wait, wait . . . Zilean is useless?

I saw that and facepalmed. Good sir, you haven't seen a good Zilean.

Gorntrooper

09-27-2011

you have 2 champs in "useless" that are def tier 1, bad tier list is bad this is why you have no badge