@ Riot; Concerning LeBlanc

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

09-26-2011

an idea my friend thought about:

make her ulti do splash damage.

She's weak because she's all single target. She needs some AoE

Lightsong

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShurelia View Post
Heya.

. . .

There are a lot of casters that fulfill the "standard caster role", but I think LeBlanc is definitely unique and I wouldn't want to kill that.

I think any changes that could be made to her would involve minor QoL tweaks such as slightly less cooldown on chains and her dash, and perhaps slightly lower costs.

How do you guys feel about that?
This is lovely. Thank you. LeBlanc is my favorite champion and I play her because her curve of power, playstyle, and mechanical trickery are very unique. I also love the challenge her late game poses. Quality of life changes would be appreciated, but I think she's been fine ever since the changes to her auto-attack.

Side-note: Word of mouth about your AD LeBlanc baited me into trying it.

Never again.

Argodis

09-26-2011

Quote:
Heya.

I've actually been researching LeBlanc a lot and playing her. (We're talking about me playing AP LeBlanc for all you haters out there, inb4 "but you play AD leblanc")

I originally wanted to change her early game to be a little weaker, and increase her late game power through passive magical penetration on her ultimate. However, after playing several games I doubled back on my thoughts and decided that she was relatively "ok as is".

Now before you flame me, here is the reason why:

I wanted to keep her as an early game powerhouse because I think it is a very fun reverse power curve in relation to some of our other casters who are more linear and "normal". I feel like LeBlanc would be a pick for people who want that early buy in, at the cost for a much more difficult late game in which she transitions to a more "supportive/cc off dps" role.

There are a lot of casters that fulfill the "standard caster role", but I think LeBlanc is definitely unique and I wouldn't want to kill that.

I think any changes that could be made to her would involve minor QoL tweaks such as slightly less cooldown on chains and her dash, and perhaps slightly lower costs.

I main LeBlanc.

Sounds ok, but still dislike how hard she falls off late game. You guys are all about anti-fun and I don't find it fun at all that no matter how well I do early game, the odds are stacked against me late game.

Caitlyn was the same way yet you guys continuously buffed her until she also had a solid late game.

As for the buffs. Lower chains CD would have to be only a second reduction. Maybe not at all. With max CDR you can already effectively keep someone binded for 6 seconds. That's huge.

A lower dash CD would be great. How about being able to distort back to your current position after 3.5 seconds instead of 3? It would help her survivability in team fights a bit and just overall in general as she has no defensive mechanism and because you also need to stay ahead of the curve, you probably won't be buying a defensive item for a very very long time.

Extending the duration of the Q mark by at least a second or two would be great. Akali's mark can't silence when activated but it still lasts a whole lot longer in comparison.

Give her a new passive or add a few seconds to her current passive?

But QoL changes may just be all she needs to be good.

Once you get at least 30% CDR, some AP/magic pen, AND mana regen, LeBlanc becomes pretty good. But since she's a horrible farmer because of high mana costs and long CDs, the best option is usually just to aim for high AP and hope you do well enough early game that you win.

Opux

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Once you get at least 30% CDR, some AP/magic pen, AND mana regen, LeBlanc becomes pretty good. But since she's a horrible farmer because of high mana costs and long CDs, the best option is usually just to aim for high AP and hope you do well enough early game that you win.
So much this. If you can't nuke your target you become worthless, so you are required to stack more and more AP as time goes on. If you try and fit in mana/cdr to fix her weakness then you fall behind on damage and become worthless even faster.

Postal Miku

09-26-2011

Quote:
Heya.

I've actually been researching LeBlanc a lot and playing her. (We're talking about me playing AP LeBlanc for all you haters out there, inb4 "but you play AD leblanc")

I originally wanted to change her early game to be a little weaker, and increase her late game power through passive magical penetration on her ultimate. However, after playing several games I doubled back on my thoughts and decided that she was relatively "ok as is".

Now before you flame me, here is the reason why:

I wanted to keep her as an early game powerhouse because I think it is a very fun reverse power curve in relation to some of our other casters who are more linear and "normal". I feel like LeBlanc would be a pick for people who want that early buy in, at the cost for a much more difficult late game in which she transitions to a more "supportive/cc off dps" role.

I like this for SR fine

Dominion however, INSANELY FLAWED, the game ends when she goes for the difficult spike, and with it being very 1v1 and 2v2 scrim based, she is just too good

DarkShurelia

Associate Game Designer

09-26-2011

You see the thing is.... you can't really buff her late game to be on par with other casters when her early game is so strong. You would need to reduce the power of her early game in order to increase the power of her late game... which would drastically shift the play style and feel of the character.

Argodis

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoshotwill View Post
leblanc=job to lower moral.
try to make other team surrender in 20 min and gg.
That use to work, until people realized that was your goal because you fall off hard late game.

It's gotten so bad that at least one person on the enemy team is going to know that LeBlanc is weak late game so he/she is going to tell his ally to play passive, hug tower, don't surrender, etc. This is especially true in ranked.

What do you do then? Nothing. It isn't like late game champs where you have to fight and deal with them. Doesn't the typical SR match last about 40mins anyway?

So as the enemy can essentially just play passive and win the lane by simply not feeding you, LeBlanc's remains a none factor from the start of the game to the end.

Annie has a just as strong early game but she doesn't fall off late game, doesn't have farming/cdr/mana issues. Annie burst is also AoE which gives her more team fighting power.

Kaio Tea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Seeing as how her late game drops and all her spell have damage. Why not add a %max life Damage effect to her ulti. Personal id like to see it bet set up so that the more difficult skills to land get rewarded for it. Like it only activates off seal if you pop it. her dash would be the lowest value but its aoe so may give a reasons to use in a team fight. And get etherial pops Twice for the most % life loss but not necessarily deal the most damage.. Be a reasons to actually use Chains. and allow her to hurt tanks. just my thoughts.

Svetsunov

09-26-2011

Quote:
You see the thing is.... you can't really buff her late game to be on par with other casters when her early game is so strong. You would need to reduce the power of her early game in order to increase the power of her late game... which would drastically shift the play style and feel of the character.
The issue isn't her damage late game, her damage late game is fine, its just how little she brings to the table in a teamfight. Other mages at least bring some AoE damage that isn't laughable(Distortion on its own is pathetic). Sure she can try and snipe out the carry, but its so easy to itemize against leblanc(Banshees Veil ruins her more than any other caster) for late game and even a little bit of MR really chunks off her burst damage because of the way Sigil Works(Proccing twice means MR is taken into effect twice).

Ethereal chains isnt as effective in fights as people like to say it is simply because it is a skillshot and cannot be directed onto a specific target.

LeBlancs problems stem from her kit, not from her Damage.

Argodis

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingoSmuggler View Post
The issue isn't her damage late game, her damage late game is fine, its just how little she brings to the table in a teamfight. Other mages at least bring some AoE damage that isn't laughable(Distortion on its own is pathetic). Sure she can try and snipe out the carry, but its so easy to itemize against leblanc(Banshees Veil ruins her more than any other caster) for late game and even a little bit of MR really chunks off her burst damage because of the way Sigil Works(Proccing twice means MR is taken into effect twice).

Ethereal chains isnt as effective in fights as people like to say it is simply because it is a skillshot and cannot be directed onto a specific target.

LeBlancs problems stem from her kit, not from her Damage.
Basically this. You hit Q+R then you basically just run around like a chicken with your head cut off for 10 seconds or so waiting for CDs. Q+Q+R if they have BVeil, which they likely will.

You could try to E your target but I really doubt you're going to hit that carry in the back when you more than likely got a tank or bruiser in your face. You can use your W for damage but why would you use your only escape for damage on an extremely squishy champ? Using your W to damage another champion goes out the window once the laning phase ends. Not to mention it's damage isn't good without the sigil proc.