@Riot Dominion MM is horrible

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flyrich

09-26-2011

I am 27-30 currently in dominion games.

This would imply that I am playing at a level less than that of half of all players who have been playing dominion. This couldn't be more inaccurate. I am building right, I understand not to die pushing a 4th base, I am playing OP champs that I can win 1v2s with. I ping bases that need D minutes before the enemy gets there and then go there to defend instead of trying to chase kills.

The MM is so messed up that even with me playing well beyond what MM must consider me, I am still losing.

So Riot, even if I am exaggerating my own skill, I shouldn't be negative win loss. This leads me to believe they have no ELO built into dominion and that teams are purely random. This can't go on much longer, it is awful and leads for games that are not competitive or fun.

EDIT: Go ahead downvote. My point remains the same. After 57 games MM hasn't even vaguely began to work.

ArlanKels

09-26-2011

I'm kind of wondering about how the matchmaking system works for it as well given that I've seen some pretty crazy matchups..like 450-0 type deals..
Plus a lot of the time I end up playing with people who have 1-3 wins when I've had quite a lot more than that..
Things along those lines.

Xalerwons

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

point whoring doesn't win games.

Caidos

09-26-2011

That's not how ELO works. You could be playing against tougher opponents, so every win you get gives you above average ELO and every loss below average. Additionally, Dominion has been around for a week. Give matchmaking some time to bring people close to their true ELO.

Zulgaines

09-26-2011

Read solo matchmaking as "Match me with tards".

Flyrich

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalerwons View Post
point whoring doesn't win games.
I am far from a point *****. I play D, I leave caps early (unbelievable how many people won't do this).

What I am doing is winning all my 1v1s and using strategy, like pushing a lane instead of diving and dying. I am outplaying my opponents every game, and I just cant win.

Teams have to be random. I am positive.

Zulgaines

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyrich View Post
I am far from a point *****. I play D, I leave caps early (unbelievable how many people won't do this).

What I am doing is winning all my 1v1s and using strategy, like pushing a lane instead of diving and dying. I am outplaying my opponents every game, and I just cant win.

Teams have to be random. I am positive.
Individual skill is split between an objective too wide for one person, doing well doesn't matter if three people are failures.

MVRL

09-26-2011

I went through your game history....

STOP FARMING MINIONS ROFL!!

cap/defend more, profit.

out of the 6 dominions i played, I was ranked #1 in half of them, my average cs = 10~15, yours? 80ish? Also, my objective score is always much higher than my combat score, and yours? Quite the opposite eh?

*SPOILER*

1. YOU COULD PBLY SPEND THE TIME DOING SOMETHING MORE MEANINGFUL THAN CSing. (You play Noct/Vayne most of the time, FFS..make meaningful use of their mobility..)

2. GO FOR OBJECTIVES INSTEAD OF FARMING KILLS

Zileas

VP of Game Design

09-26-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Dominion matchmaking should work exactly like summoner's rift matchmaking... It starts on a fresh rating, but in general, even if you are good, it's unlikely you will have a large gap between win and loss because you are being matched effectively.

larkhill

09-26-2011

now hear me out here... dont quit on me half way through. it'll be worth it i promise.

maybe... you're just not as good as u think u r.

ok, before u freak out, lets go over a few things. a gold ranked player usually expects to be a gold-ranked player in every mode. fact is, dominion is TOTALLY different. ive gone 1-9-2 and been first on my team (and won the game). this mode is only about objectives. this is not ranked 5v5 where its all about kills and fed carries.

theres also no lane phase here (unless bot wants to lane for some stupid reason). theres no lone-wolf carry dominating everything.

this is a whole new set of skills. get used to it.