Dominion UI Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kietsu

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
Just remove the crossed-out items in the store; why are some items just gone (e.g. snowball) while others crossed out?
Probably so new player don't waste time hunting for an item that's not even in the shop.

I find the visual cues for quests aren't very helpful. The gold rings around a point are obvious, but not if you're elsewhere when they show up. A single regular ping also doesn't help, as pinging points tends to happen frequently. There's also no quick way to find out which point you have to defend without staring at the map to find the shield (which appears under champion icons iirc) or checking the little bars at the top right.

There's even less feedback for when the quest is complete, too.

I would suggest more noticeable visuals on the minimap when quest points first appear, as well as a more noticeable quest failed / complete notification.

Watafool

09-26-2011

I feel like the point display (when you are awarded points) moves too quickly. By the time I get a chance to look at it, it's already going away. Maybe add 1-2 seconds onto how long it's displayed?

TC Dunkelnebel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Getting the "noob tips" at the beggining of EVERY game, is annoying... :P

And maybe improving the signal when you are losing a point...

Rayven

UX Designer

09-26-2011
3 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poki3 View Post
There's always a quarter of a circle champion icon in the upper left of the screen...
That's a bug, thanks for reporting.

Orcao

09-26-2011

Would be nice if there were some form of text label for each point, alongside the icon. It's easy enough to figure out which point is which after a couple games, but generally I just see people referring to each point as "our bot, our mid, top, their mid, their bot" not so much for simplicity, so much as it takes more time for "defend refinery" "Which one is that again?" "our mid" to happen.

It's kind of awkward having to learn a points name through waiting for it to be captured so we can hear the announcer say its name.

Karew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

I've found that the dots in the top middle meter for how many nodes are captured/neutral is not always in sync with the minimap. This mostly happens when the points are capped 3 red 2 green, but the top meter shows 2 red, 2 green, 1 neutral.

BigDaddyRelish

09-26-2011

I don't like how those pop-up tips come up every single game. I would change that and make it so that quests are more obvious.

When they get mixed in with kill/cap announcements it can go unnoticed.

Amazon Warrior

09-26-2011

Need to improve the map for observer !!!

As a observer when jumping around each capture point, I have hard time identifying which capture point is which. They all look alike. The only distinguished point is the Windmill.

Should make the structures around a capture point curve to the circle so we know which corner of the map we are looking at. Also add some kind of theme color to each corner instead of purple ish all the map.

NessOnett

09-26-2011

Tooltips! Specifically with regards to heals. They are reduced on this map. But those reduced numbers are not reflected in any tooltips. And they really should be because doing math on the fly sucks and I want to know exactly how much health my heal is gonna give me.

Nojito

09-26-2011

can we differentiate between quest types using color?