What happened to Vayne saying "Purge with silver"?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Landorin

09-26-2011

I can only recall hearing Vayne say "Purge with silver" on the enemy team. I don't recall ever having heard Vayne say it when I've played her, but I remember hearing an enemy say it.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

09-26-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Interesting. I got it on my second try, and seem to get it around 1/3 of the time I try. I'll mess around the randomization setting anyway, we'll see if that fixes if for you next patch.

Gilderian

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Interesting. I got it on my second try, and seem to get it around 1/3 of the time I try. I'll mess around the randomization setting anyway, we'll see if that fixes if for you next patch.
Thank you

AGCrew Bloodwolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

What about Janna's 2nd joke?:

"(Old voice) Say hello to the winds of...*double cough*...*clears throat* (New voice) I don't know what came over me."

I can only get her to say this once every 100 tries it's annoying :S....

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post

"(Old voice) Say hello to the winds of...*double cough*...*clears throat* (New voice) I don't know what came over me."

O_O

I've played at least 50 games with Janna and I've never heard that. I just hear the "2.95 a minute" one.

Baín

09-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post

I am fairly certain this is intentional. It's kind of a hidden joke that you can only get once every long while, kind of like Luxanna's taunt.

AGCrew Bloodwolf

09-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban View Post
I am fairly certain this is intentional. It's kind of a hidden joke that you can only get once every long while, kind of like Luxanna's taunt.
EDIT: You know I actually have not paid attention to the 2nd Taunt..... but I wish it was more like Lux's 2nd joke.

I know for a fact that if you use Lux's joke, it will happen in this order every time:
  1. Double rainbow? What does it mean?..."
  2. "Well, a "double rainbow" is a phenomenon of optics that displays a spectrum of light due to the sun shining on droplets of moisture in the atmosphere. Does that explain it?"
  3. (whispering) "Shhh! I'm charging my laser..."
  4. Double rainbow? What does it mean?..."
  5. "Well, a "double rainbow" is a phenomenon of optics that displays a spectrum of light due to the sun shining on droplets of moisture in the atmosphere. Does that explain it?"
  6. "Light mage? I'm just an ordinary mage."

So every 3rd joke will switch from "Light mage" to "I'm charging my laser" and back to the 1st one...

This is not the case with Janna. With Janna, I've used the 2.95 joke for like 20 times in a row... and almost every time I only get THAT joke. I've heard the 2nd joke sometimes... but for me it has been REALLY RARE.... like.... I try it 100 times, and I might get lucky if I hear it once or twice....

I was just wondering if the sound tech guys could look into the randomization of this joke that I KNOW it's there to see if it can be "less random".

Here's the 2nd joke for those who have not heard it yet (0:07 - 0:14):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bLxoT-oizQ

AGCrew Bloodwolf

09-29-2011

Bump for an informed Riot response.

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

09-29-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

We meant for Janna's joke to be more of an Easter Egg than Lux's taunt. It should have about a 10% chance to play, so I'm really surprised that out of 100 tries you're hearing it once or twice.

Korben

09-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
We meant for Janna's joke to be more of an Easter Egg than Lux's taunt. It should have about a 10% chance to play, so I'm really surprised that out of 100 tries you're hearing it once or twice.
Is it like that for Blitz's Piltover Customs skin Horn sound with W?

Is there any possibility to increase the chance we get the Horn sound? I mean, it's a legendary skin that doesn't have new voice emotes or anything... a 50% chance would be just fine.