Problem Champs in Dominion.

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eefell

09-25-2011

Basically this list of champs that become a big problem in this mode with reasons for it.

(In no particular order)

Akali - In SR she is fine, she takes a lot of kills to really become a super deadly force meaning a lot of gold. Well sense EVERYONE gets gold at a very high rate Akali gets a lota damage very fast and very early. She is also highly mobile, a massive plus in Dominion.

Singed - Have you ever fought a Singed late game in SR? Ever wonder what it is like 5 mins. into a match? Yep Basically.

Shaco. Hiem, and Teemo - Set them up on one point and have them never leave. Give them Garrison and watch them defend that point from anything short or a 4-man Rush. To quote The Master of Disguise "Turtle Turtle Turtle"

Xin, Jax, Annie - Basically most of the same problem as Akali. The main tactic against them is not to feed but with the gold increase ... well you get the picture.

Gangplank - The same problems he has on SR but with the added bonus of never having to farm and being able to cockblock you from across the map.

Rammus- Powerball, Boots, FoN, and you got the best runner in the game. Sence he gets so much Ar\Mr through his skills without buying anything he becomes a monster. (thanks to SHOULDAHADDUHV8)

Most Tanky Dps, Noc in particular - The Dominion Buff does lessen it to a degree but they defiantly do have some advantage. Noc is actually big problem with this with his high mobility, Ulti, lifesteal, and just how fast he can get tanky.

Ezreal (by popular demand) - I Havent had the chance ti fight him or play as him but I defiantly see how he could be a problem with his range and how much damage he can put out.

Poppy - Most of the same above, high damage, high mobility, and good survivability.

Now for the other side of the coin.

Cassi - Her main tactic is to stay behind people and poke to death anyone within range. However she is far too slow without landing her Q (which has now become incredibly hard for some reason), her slow while nice drains mana like there is no tomorrow and CD is too long to keep using it to defend herself, and her ulti while GREAT on SR lacks in Dominion from too long a CD, not big enough groups so on and so forth. She is about only good for defending but is a bit too squishy for the job, and if you miss your W your dead.

Sona - With her gimped heals and the reduced healing debuff about the only thing She got is their mobility and a little sustain. She is also quite squishy with little defending herself from someone running at them aside from allies and an ulti.

Nasus - The dude in this mode is a damage soak, no more no less.

Miss Fortune - With no escape, one pitiful slow, and not nearly enough damage to compensate she is little more then MAYBE a runner but aside from that she gets torn apart.

Anyway I just thought Id put this one up here. Sorry if I missed anyone but I haven't gotten to play everyone just yet. Feel free to add others or refute something I just put up.

Edits: Soraka and Mundo stricken from the list. However I still stand buy Sona, Miss Fortune, and Shaco. Been in too many games where they ... well ^^^^^.

Added Noc and Ezreal and now Poppy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumprophecy View Post
stop making these threads, seriously. It's to early to tell whats a problem on dominion. There is such a lack of strategy right not outside of "zerg rush random towers at random times". Seriously, people barely bother to grab there buff constantly or defend/assault quest points. People are complaining eve and shaco are OP when there are even 2 new items that prevent them from stealthing away, and yet no one even considers buying these two awesome items. No one has come close to figuring out solid strategies on this map, and until they do, it's impossible to say what's OP and whats not.

While you do have a point I am trying to put all the problems in one place with the input of others. Without input what is the point of the beta? However Impossible? Not really, Problems are still problems, Ignoring them until they might get fixed or waiting for someone to get some strategy is stupid.

Eefell

09-25-2011

Hmmm a downvote and not even a dissenting opinion.

If your are going to downvote it please just explain why. And if it is just for one I am open to change it, these are just from my personal experience and from what I have heard and read.

Eefell

09-25-2011

Come now there must be SOME thoughts on this. Please share you experiences on champs that have problems in Dominion, be they champs that are a problem or ones that have them.

General Nashor

09-25-2011

You forgot Rammus.

ok

Pleit

09-25-2011

ezreal. I have lost one game with him and played probably about 20 now. im afraid he won't get the needed buff on SR with him so amazing at dominion
ope, lost twice

Bumhunt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

kassadin built all mana and tank is sick nasty

Eefell

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOULDAHADDUHV8 View Post
You forgot Rammus.

ok

AAHhhh I knew I was missing one. Adding him.

GreenEyedMonster

09-25-2011

You forgot shaco camping on a point with jitb and clone just begging you to get near him?

GoldenPlana

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

+1 signed/

should make some balance changes in Dominion

Laszlø

09-25-2011

Ezreal seems really strong. I've been playing only him and dominating everyone playing any of the champs you're mentioning here. Not just Ezreal... Gunblade Ezreal, haha. The 300 magic damage makes a huge difference in his nuke and the slow, of course, is amazing and makes not having red feel a little less painful.

12345 ... 7