Issue with how points are earned/lost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Atheist NA

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by austamakiir View Post
i think thats the point, no matter how bad your team is doing there is always a chance...
Right, there is still a chance. There should always be a chance for a comeback in any game. But not to this extent anyway.

Best Atheist NA

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggalyWiggaly View Post
if they won, they controlled a majority of the towers for more time than you did. that means they earned the win. you did not dominate them.
Maybe that's where my issue really lies. Not with the fact that you gain nothing by controlling 1 or 2 bases, but with the fact that there is not much of a gold/experience factor in Dominion. When I said we dominated, I meant in the kills/deaths department. No one on the other team had a positive record, and they still won. How often does that happen in any game? Or what about on SR or TT?

I think this factor will really wear on people after a while. It promotes people to play sloppily. We'll see I suppose.

Powerfat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

>_>
<_<

sigh

you don't gain nothing controlling 1 or 2 bases

it reduces the damage done to you own nexus

Orion69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcup View Post
Sorry, played WoW for 4 years. I don't know, to me, I don't like it. I like the fact that there's still that "comeback factor" in the game, but with that being said, you're opening up for the "lucky factor" at the end of the game. The strongest team should win, not the one that can get lucky for the last 2 minutes and win.

In football, the team that plays the strongest 60 minutes usually wins, not the team that has one good drive.
It's quite possible that the better team was just playing bad in the beginning or are later game champs. There may or may not be luck involved (i.e. a d/c on the enemy team). How do you get lucky if you control 3 nodes and the other team can't take it back? That's strategy and changing ur gameplay. AB is a **** mode in WoW because of the "turtle and we can win this since we have two" idea.

Honestly, if they made AB more like this, that mode wouldn't be such a pain in the ass. In fact the changes they had made to WSG and the flag carriers made that mode much more fun to me. However, WoW sux, so I quit.

Also, AB has different spawning points, while Dominion doesn't. If you just turtle at ur two nodes, it'll be almost impossible for someone to take them.

Orion69

09-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcup View Post
Maybe that's where my issue really lies. Not with the fact that you gain nothing by controlling 1 or 2 bases, but with the fact that there is not much of a gold/experience factor in Dominion. When I said we dominated, I meant in the kills/deaths department. No one on the other team had a positive record, and they still won. How often does that happen in any game? Or what about on SR or TT?

I think this factor will really wear on people after a while. It promotes people to play sloppily. We'll see I suppose.
This happens all the time on the "pro" games. Often in SR, it's about once crucial teamfight where a bad play on the winning team happened and the losing team wins. Except the aren't the worst, because they won. At least this game the losing team has to actually comeback, and not just capitalize on a mistake.