Issue with how points are earned/lost

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmySpy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcup View Post
In football, the team that plays the strongest 60 minutes usually wins, not the team that has one good drive.
But, if a football team is ahead for 3 quarters, and then the opposing team starts playing better and gets ahead, the first team doesn't still win because of their early game lead.

Best Atheist NA

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanevivi View Post
i am having trouble trying to put it into a way you can understand.... it's to make you do more team fights and tooth and nail it. there is to be that fun until the last point is gone you can turn a match around. and make the fight go on. i think longest match we had was 19 minutes because both teams went at each other like it was life and death shortest was 15 and that was a most game 5 point hold.
No no, I get exactly what you're saying. It forces people to make every fight a "live or die" situation. But what I don't like, is if a team is holding 3 bases, they're not controlling 60% of the game, they;re controlling 100%. If you're controlling 2 bases (40%), then why isn't the enemy Nexus ticking off at the 40% rate? And the other team with a 60% rate? There's still going to be comebacks...

The team that holds the most bases the longest should win. If you're winning 300-20, and control 2 bases, you can still lose? I don't like it.

Best Atheist NA

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmySpy View Post
But, if a football team is ahead for 3 quarters, and then the opposing team starts playing better and gets ahead, the first team doesn't still win because of their early game lead.
Depends on what kind of lead they have If you're winning 42-0, you can just play it safe and run out the clock. (Sorry for all the football references, I'm PUMPED for the Giants/Eagles game today )

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2011

The better team must be better the entire game...I see no problem with it at all.

Best Atheist NA

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
The better team must be better the entire game...I see no problem with it at all.
Wait until you go 21/3/18 and lose, and then post back how you feel about it. That's all I wanna say. I'd bet most people that are posting have not lost a game yet in Dominion where everyone on their team dominated.

Jagex

09-24-2011

It was 2-300 at the end of one game and we ended up winning with 2 remaining life point things left because we held the things long enough
Funny

Best Atheist NA

09-24-2011

Deaths dont matter in Dominion. If you can click a capture-point, you can be a good player! Even if you die 30 times!

Mk5StrikerEureka

09-25-2011

i think thats the point, no matter how bad your team is doing there is always a chance...

JiggalyWiggaly

09-25-2011

if they won, they controlled a majority of the towers for more time than you did. that means they earned the win. you did not dominate them.

Nideak

09-25-2011

after reading all of the OP's posts I think I understand what the true problem is. It's not about just going from a 320-2 lead and losing. It's about reaching late game and turtling. Think about it, there are champs that will rape the longer the game lasts. Also keep in mind you may have killed their whole team 10-20 times but you will not have a huge gold advantage over them (if you have a score of 20/0 you would have maybe 2k gold more at best) you will also not have a level advantage over them either. Now it all comes down to whichever team can capture top when it's late game. That's all it basically is, go ahead and try to kill an Alistar who built tank with 3k+ health under a capture point. You can't. Go ahead tower dive. Wait the tower ripped you apart in 12 seconds? that's ok, bring your group of 3 to take care of Alistar. Nope, their group of 3 is coming by and now it's 4v3. That's ok have someone go top and take the capture point. Nope, they have someone with a global ult and now the group of 3 goes back to top to take care of you.

See the problem yet? Even if they didn't have a champ with a global ult the person protecting their mid can run top if necessary (and that brings another point to the table, when people stack MS items and ending up with 480+ MS without the buffs on the map). Even if their mid didn't go top, I'm pretty sure a 4v3 will win in their favor allowing at least 1-2 people (maybe all 3 of the hunting party survived) going top to take on that lone person (or go to one of the capture points that is not protected) and keeping this cycle going on and on and on.

The point I am trying to make is that there are some items that are too strong for dominion, the capture points allow for way too much turtling, and it's not about who played better during the whole game it's about who has the better late game team.